UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Who's Wearing Valley Creek chaps with lacrosse wellington leather Boots?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
theo
UKC Forum Member

Who's Wearing Valley Creek Frog Leg chaps with lacrosse wellington leather Boots?

i ordered a pair off frog legs today and i didnt realize the boots are Leather!.didnt realize there making frog legs with leather boots now!.who like thems?and who doesn't?.pro's and con's please.im also considering calling them and switching to a Rubber boot?thanx

Last edited by theo on 09-13-2013 at 03:13 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-13-2013 03:04 AM
theo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for theo Click here to Send theo a Private Message Click Here to Email theo Find more posts by theo Add theo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scary Creek
UKC Forum Member

my buddy has them he says they are very comfortable but the traction of the boot is his biggest complaint .

Nite Champion R & B's Hogback Boyd HTX
Nite Champion Bell Mountain Buster
Nite Champion Show Ch Bell Mountain Megan
( 2012 WV Governor's Cup Hunt Champion )

- Use and Recommend Anthony’s Dog Supply -

Old Post 09-13-2013 04:11 AM
Scary Creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scary Creek Click here to Send Scary Creek a Private Message Click Here to Email Scary Creek Find more posts by Scary Creek Add Scary Creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

boots

One of my hunting buddies wears them & loves them ...I've been through 2 pair of rubber ones he's still wearing his leather. Gonna try them out my next pair. The main thing with them is to keep them water-proofed bear grease, mink oil, or that spray on stuff .

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 09-13-2013 07:17 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Randy Tallon
UKC Forum Member

Traction is a major issue when it gets wet. The other thing I don't like about them is that anything that comes into the boot from over the top of the chaps (jaggers and wood crud) falls through to your foot because of the open top of the Wellington style boot. Because the rubber boots fit tighter to your calf they keep that out. I'm constantly pulling my boot off back at the truck to clean stuff sticking me in the foot out of the boot.

USAF proud!!! 6 Years active 19 Reserves MSgt (ret) Raven 457
Carpe Nocturnum-Seize the night!

Old Post 09-13-2013 11:55 AM
Randy Tallon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Randy Tallon Click here to Send Randy Tallon a Private Message Click Here to Email Randy Tallon Find more posts by Randy Tallon Add Randy Tallon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
theo
UKC Forum Member

Boots

thanx all!.im gonna give them a whirl after reading these posts u folks posted.i have to oil them tho when i get them.thanx again theo

Old Post 09-13-2013 12:48 PM
theo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for theo Click here to Send theo a Private Message Click Here to Email theo Find more posts by theo Add theo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Eric Riddle
UKC Forum Member

I have a pair I love them I have had them for over 2 years now and have never oiled them they are still going strong!! I agree whatever gos over the top of the chap go's right into the boot but to fix that I wear bama socks and u can't feel any of the stuff in the boot! I personally will never go back to rubber boots again they don't have the support or are not as comfortable as the leather boots.

Ntch Pch Last Culls Sugar Momma

Old Post 09-13-2013 12:49 PM
Eric Riddle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Eric Riddle Click here to Send Eric Riddle a Private Message Click Here to Email Eric Riddle Find more posts by Eric Riddle Add Eric Riddle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
theo
UKC Forum Member

eric

quote:
Originally posted by Eric Riddle
I have a pair I love them I have had them for over 2 years now and have never oiled them they are still going strong!! I agree whatever gos over the top of the chap go's right into the boot but to fix that I wear bama socks and u can't feel any of the stuff in the boot! I personally will never go back to rubber boots again they don't have the support or are not as comfortable as the leather boots.
sounds good bud thanx!.Bama socks?what are those please?

Old Post 09-13-2013 01:24 PM
Eric Riddle
UKC Forum Member

There those blue footies that wick The sweat off your feet there really nice they cost around $20 but there well worth it!

Ntch Pch Last Culls Sugar Momma

Old Post 09-13-2013 01:29 PM
Eric Riddle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Eric Riddle Click here to Send Eric Riddle a Private Message Click Here to Email Eric Riddle Find more posts by Eric Riddle Add Eric Riddle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Payton Young
UKC Forum Member

heat boots with a hair dryer melt 100% beeswax or snowseal into leather. atleast 2 x you will not be disappointed.

Old Post 09-13-2013 04:33 PM
Payton Young is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Payton Young Click here to Send Payton Young a Private Message Click Here to Email Payton Young Find more posts by Payton Young Add Payton Young to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Bees wax that sounds like it could work , guy @ a hunt last weekend told me he uses surf board wax on his & it kept them waterproofed. And maybe easier to find in Mo than surf board wax.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 09-13-2013 06:39 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
okietreedog
Banned

I like em i am on my third pair be time for new ones this winter, just keep them treated to keep em water proof

Adam Davis, owner handler Backwoods Blues
Home of some trashy culls,
it ain't the years it the miles that make me look this way

Old Post 09-13-2013 07:36 PM
okietreedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for okietreedog Click here to Send okietreedog a Private Message Click Here to Email okietreedog Find more posts by okietreedog Add okietreedog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Payton Young
UKC Forum Member

snowseal is 100% beeswax. you can buy it at wal mart in shoe department

Old Post 09-13-2013 09:15 PM
Payton Young is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Payton Young Click here to Send Payton Young a Private Message Click Here to Email Payton Young Find more posts by Payton Young Add Payton Young to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MATTY G
UKC Forum Member

Theo I bought a pair of these a couple yrs ago, the chap was fine, the boot was junk..Six months they were in the dump..Good luck guy.

Old Post 09-16-2013 05:27 PM
MATTY G is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MATTY G Click here to Send MATTY G a Private Message Find more posts by MATTY G Add MATTY G to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ashley Pratt
UKC Forum Member

you have couldn't give me a pair

Old Post 09-16-2013 05:32 PM
Ashley Pratt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ashley Pratt Click here to Send Ashley Pratt a Private Message Click Here to Email Ashley Pratt Find more posts by Ashley Pratt Add Ashley Pratt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote