UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Poor boy hunts
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Daniel Fitzko
UKC Forum Member

Poor boy hunts

There is no such thing as a poorboy hunts when the entry fee is $35.00 for a 1hr and a .500. Clubs should be able to afford to give out trophy's at every hunt.

Home of:
PR Fitzko's Hardwood Mighty Mouse

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-25-2020 01:19 PM
Daniel Fitzko is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel Fitzko Click here to Send Daniel Fitzko a Private Message Find more posts by Daniel Fitzko Add Daniel Fitzko to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoosier Man1
UKC Forum Member

Trophies? Heck in 12 years I have been at this, only one club ever gave anything out.

We don't even receive win slips anymore...

I do agree that no "poor" boy hunt should be that high, however UKC doesn't set the entry fees the club does.

There is a Poor boy close to me this weekend and the entry fee is 15 dollars.

Grand Nite Ch HOF PKC Silver Ch Heatseaker Unleash the Kraken(Grand at 15 months old) BBOA Overall 1st place X2, Tournament of Champions Finalist, National Bluetic Days overall winner, Autumn Oaks Grand 16x2 PKC SS Semi Finalist PKC State Hunt Final 4 UKC World Top 20
GRNT CH BLUES AMAZING GRACE
Trevor Hack
567-231-7413

Old Post 02-25-2020 04:44 PM
Hoosier Man1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Man1 Click here to Send Hoosier Man1 a Private Message Find more posts by Hoosier Man1 Add Hoosier Man1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
markncole
UKC Forum Member

Entry Fees

I agree with you guys 100% however if you have 10 dogs at a hunt and now you have to pay Ukc 7 dollars instead of 2 things get a little tight, the hunt packet if there is a bench show included is 42.00. You can do the math most cases if a club can’t make at least 200 a hunt won’t be long and there will be no club, once again I agree with you, what’s sad is our sport don’t have the interest in it it once had at least where I live, Good Luck to you guys this year

Old Post 02-25-2020 08:06 PM
markncole is offline Click Here to See the Profile for markncole Click here to Send markncole a Private Message Click Here to Email markncole Find more posts by markncole Add markncole to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sfox91
UKC Forum Member

I would hate to be in a position where I thought $35 was a lot of money.

Old Post 02-25-2020 08:10 PM
Sfox91 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sfox91 Click here to Send Sfox91 a Private Message Click Here to Email Sfox91 Find more posts by Sfox91 Add Sfox91 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bill(Chew)
UKC Forum Member

I hate not giving trophies but after paying property tax, fire ins, wind ins, liability ins, electricity, water, gas, and maintaining the building it does not leave money for trophies at today's attendance levels.

Old Post 02-25-2020 09:49 PM
Bill(Chew) is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bill(Chew) Click here to Send Bill(Chew) a Private Message Click Here to Email Bill(Chew) Find more posts by Bill(Chew) Add Bill(Chew) to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jack Bingham
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Bill(Chew)
I hate not giving trophies but after paying property tax, fire ins, wind ins, liability ins, electricity, water, gas, and maintaining the building it does not leave money for trophies at today's attendance levels.

x2

A screw up on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

HOME OF

GRNitech PKC Platinum CH PR Mosquito Creek Danno's Buggs 2018 American Redbone Champion. 2019 World Champion Female. 2020 PURINA NATIONALS CH.

GRNITE CH Mosquito Creek Hank 2020 top 100

NITE CH SILVER CH Jersey Girl 2020 Top 100

GRNITE CH SILVER CH. Wipeout Small Pox 2020 Top 100

NITECH River Valley Rain

R.I.P.
GRNitech PKC CH GRCH Awesome Mosquito Crk. Lick 2016 World Champion Redbone Female

R.I.P.
DUAL GRAND PR ANDREWS MOSQUITO CREEK GO MAN SAM DNA-P

R.I.P.
GRNITECH PR Thunder creek Squeller 2cast wins NRCA. 4 cast wins AKC qualified for AKC 2009,2010,2011 world hunt. Qualified for 2008,2009 and 2010 UKC worlds. World Finalist at the 2010 UKC Worlds. Money won in PKC

R.I.P. NITECH PR Faith's Image ( 3-UKC 1st) cast win at NRCA 6TH AT ARCA Money won in PKC

Look us up on Facebook: Mosquito Creek Redbones

Old Post 02-25-2020 10:18 PM
Jack Bingham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jack Bingham Click here to Send Jack Bingham a Private Message Click Here to Email Jack Bingham Visit Jack Bingham's homepage! Find more posts by Jack Bingham Add Jack Bingham to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
redneckcoondog
UKC Forum Member

clubs have to charge at least 25 now to make anything just the way it is no way they could buy trophies

Old Post 02-25-2020 10:49 PM
redneckcoondog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for redneckcoondog Click here to Send redneckcoondog a Private Message Click Here to Email redneckcoondog Find more posts by redneckcoondog Add redneckcoondog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Poor boy hunts

Are a thing of the past around here since the 1 hr double header mini slams started.

Tar

Old Post 02-26-2020 01:02 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Bill(Chew)

You could print some winners certificates or something similar for literally nothing. Just a thought

Old Post 02-26-2020 02:34 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Sfox91
I'm sure everybody in that position hates it. Unfortunately some are.

Old Post 02-26-2020 04:42 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bill(Chew)
UKC Forum Member

Josh, that's a good thought.

Old Post 02-26-2020 04:42 PM
Bill(Chew) is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bill(Chew) Click here to Send Bill(Chew) a Private Message Click Here to Email Bill(Chew) Find more posts by Bill(Chew) Add Bill(Chew) to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lance Laymon
UKC Forum Member

It is tough to keep a club running. If you think $30 is too much I suggest opening a club and see how long you can keep the doors open. We draw pretty good, but still pay for a lot of misc. out of our own pockets.
We used to give out trophies and most of the time nobody even wanted them.

Old Post 02-26-2020 05:13 PM
Lance Laymon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lance Laymon Click here to Send Lance Laymon a Private Message Find more posts by Lance Laymon Add Lance Laymon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Atherton
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Sfox91

Yep, you are right. In the grand scheme of things it isn't a lot of money, but it is too expensive for a hunt! Let alone for a 1 hour hunt! As others have already pointed out there are additional expenses to consider past the entry fee.

I wouldn't pay $35.00 for an one hour movie, one hour ball game, or one hour concert

Aim small miss small

Old Post 02-26-2020 06:10 PM
Larry Atherton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Atherton Click here to Send Larry Atherton a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Atherton Visit Larry Atherton's homepage! Find more posts by Larry Atherton Add Larry Atherton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JHilton1925
UKC Forum Member

Poor Boy

Danny where did you see a 35.00 poor boy hunt listed?

Old Post 02-26-2020 06:57 PM
JHilton1925 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JHilton1925 Click here to Send JHilton1925 a Private Message Click Here to Email JHilton1925 Find more posts by JHilton1925 Add JHilton1925 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Re: Poor Boy

quote:
Originally posted by JHilton1925
Danny where did you see a 35.00 poor boy hunt listed?

Most $35 hunts are slams where $ is paid out and then RQE fees are $35. I've never seen a poor boy hunt down this way have that high of an entry most are $20.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 02-26-2020 08:21 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JHilton1925
UKC Forum Member

If it is the hunt Saturday night at High Point (Golden Triangle Coon Club). It has never been advertised as a poor boy. It is a 35 dollar entry only because it is a 500 added and it does say that in the UKC events

Old Post 02-26-2020 10:38 PM
JHilton1925 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JHilton1925 Click here to Send JHilton1925 a Private Message Click Here to Email JHilton1925 Find more posts by JHilton1925 Add JHilton1925 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote