UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > 5 Best dogs in your State
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
WV cooncatcher
UKC Forum Member

dont know about top 5

but one of the best dogs Ive ever been out in the woods with was a grade walker dog. Older fellor owned him and wouldnt sell him but let me tell you if there was ever a coondog he was it. Ive hunted with all kinds and breeds champions and not and he was by far the best Ive ever seen.

Frank Fetty
Wayne, WV
keepin my boots muddy
and my family warm and fed

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-11-2006 08:17 PM
WV cooncatcher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WV cooncatcher Click here to Send WV cooncatcher a Private Message Click Here to Email WV cooncatcher Find more posts by WV cooncatcher Add WV cooncatcher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Russell Boyette
UKC Forum Member

Anyone ever notice that when people are asked about these"barn-burners" no one can ever come up with a name. Yes, there are some nice pleasure dogs in the state of Alabama, but i would wager that not very many of them are hunted as much in their lives as some of the dogs in this year's state race are hunted in 2 years.

(205) 712-4326

• PKC Ch 'PR' Triple X-Rated
http://www.hunt101.com/img/342861.jpg

• NITECH Beaver Creek Knothead
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n220/RBoyette/KnotHead-2.jpg

• Death Row Psycho aka "De"
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n220/RBoyette/Dee11-10-a.jpg

• 'PR' Skuna River Style
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n220/RBoyette/Stone2.jpg

**R.I.P.**
UKC NITECH - PKC CH
'PR'Beaver Creek Stylish Nellie
http://www.hunt101.com/img/369634.jpg

Old Post 07-11-2006 09:12 PM
Russell Boyette is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Russell Boyette Click here to Send Russell Boyette a Private Message Click Here to Email Russell Boyette Find more posts by Russell Boyette Add Russell Boyette to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kamakee
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Russell Boyette
Anyone ever notice that when people are asked about these"barn-burners" no one can ever come up with a name. Yes, there are some nice pleasure dogs in the state of Alabama, but i would wager that not very many of them are hunted as much in their lives as some of the dogs in this year's state race are hunted in 2 years.

So true.

Old Post 07-11-2006 09:15 PM
Kamakee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kamakee Click here to Send Kamakee a Private Message Find more posts by Kamakee Add Kamakee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Latham1467
UKC Forum Member

Some nice ones in South Carolina
Buckeye Jake
Habits Bad Tom
Stylish Axel

There are more but these are some i like from drawing them on casts

Old Post 07-11-2006 09:19 PM
Latham1467 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Latham1467 Click here to Send Latham1467 a Private Message Click Here to Email Latham1467 Find more posts by Latham1467 Add Latham1467 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Steve Flint
UKC Forum Member

what are you judging this on? Best at what?

Reproducing?
Treeing Coons?
Best in Competition?

Coondog?

All of or most of this could be a matter of opinion.

Old Post 04-07-2009 05:28 PM
Steve Flint is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Steve Flint Click here to Send Steve Flint a Private Message Click Here to Email Steve Flint Find more posts by Steve Flint Add Steve Flint to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adams, Harold
UKC Forum Member

I only have 2 so Ohio don't have 5 nice ones.....

lol.... wouldn't have a clue on 5, know Tom Purdy has a pretty nice young dog outta Bubba

Old Post 04-07-2009 05:48 PM
Adams, Harold is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adams, Harold Click here to Send Adams, Harold a Private Message Click Here to Email Adams, Harold Find more posts by Adams, Harold Add Adams, Harold to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TamarackKennels
UKC Forum Member

I saw this figure I would like to say in PA
1) Grnitech Ch Cassandras Midnight Jenny (Bluetick)
2) Grnitech Grch Cold Spring Stylish hunter (Walker owned by Chris
3) Grnitech Grfch Grch Canada Hollow Ragin Bl Mike (Bluetick owned by Charlie Brown of Shinglehouse)
4) Polly a redbone/walker cross owned by Jim
5) Dwarf a beagle/redbone/walker cross owned by Jim

From NY
1) Queenie owned by Mark Griswold (walker)
2) Thunder owned by Mark (Bluetick)
3) Grnitech ch Watts Flats Fatty Patty owned by Adam Frary
4) Grnitech Eggleston's Hammering Hank owned by Scott Eggleston
5) dont remember who had him but it was a Plott
on one of those coon contest.

814-964-9399

RIP
GRNTCH CH 'PR' Cassandras Midnight Jenny

PLOTTS:

Grch 'PR' River Ridge Coo Coo Ca-Choo
Ch'PR' Tamarack's Redwood Secret
Ch'PR' Tamarack's A Shot In The Dark
'PR' Tamarack's DarkSide Ofthe Moon
Ch 'PR' River Ridge Ruby Tuesday

Old Post 06-24-2009 05:35 PM
TamarackKennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TamarackKennels Click here to Send TamarackKennels a Private Message Click Here to Email TamarackKennels Visit TamarackKennels's homepage! Find more posts by TamarackKennels Add TamarackKennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trappin_girl
UKC Forum Member

wv-
josh's high-tech razor blade
thunder dan
cal's timber cutter
cal's timber traveller
sam's timber Ratchett's aka Mutt

i dont really get out a hole lot. but i heard good things on dan and blade is a great dog to hunt with. loud, accurate first strike/ first tree. cutter and traveller i own, i can send you pics or vids to your cell from them. mutt, i have owned and she is a good dog as well. i have only a pic of her head but i do have a recording of her on my cell. if you all want anything on the lower 3 dogs let me know. these are in no specific order.

home phone:304-462-7054
Cell phone:304-613-9740
dixie_coonhunter_911@yahoo.com

PR Tristan's JR (Tristans Dog)

PR Grampa's Miss Ruby (Ruby's Dog)

Old Post 06-24-2009 06:01 PM
trappin_girl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trappin_girl Click here to Send trappin_girl a Private Message Click Here to Email trappin_girl Find more posts by trappin_girl Add trappin_girl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Travis Eastman
UKC Forum Member

Top 5 Dog's in Michigan

Crockers Quick Flash

Stylish Stubby

Wipe-Em-Up Willie

Chase Creek Nocturnal Poison

Son's Rock River Cord (mainly based on his Breeding Abilities)

Old Post 06-27-2009 08:48 PM
Travis Eastman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Travis Eastman Click here to Send Travis Eastman a Private Message Click Here to Email Travis Eastman Find more posts by Travis Eastman Add Travis Eastman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LonestarB&T
UKC Forum Member

In Texas id have to say:
Dual Grand Salem Creek Doc B&T (Recently Deceased)
Dual Grand Coon hamerin Texas Style Breeze TW
Dual Grand Coon Hamerin Texas Style Magic TW
Nitech GrCh Kizers Bleedin Blue Slugger Blu

903-692-0641
Home of:
(RIP)NITECH 'PR' Tomlinson's Black Boomer (1st place reg. 2008 Oklahoma state hunt)
PKC CH CH GRNITECH 'PR' Lone Star Black Top Rocket (2 wins towards GRCH). 2 cw in AKC. King of Hunt AKC B&T Sec. Carthage, Tx. 2009 KOH UKC B&T Sect. Carthage, Tx 2010
PKC CH GRCH GRNITECH 'PR' Lone Star Doc Holiday (GrNtGrCh Salem Creek Doc x Mississippi Maud) 4 cw in AKC. 2nd place Lone Star fall classic 2010, 1st place NiteCh B&T days 2011, KOH Palestine, Tx B&t Sectional2011,1st place Friendship, Ar RQE 2012.
NITECH CH 'PR' Blackburns Molly R.I.P
'PR' McConvilles Show Me The Cash
+ GOD BLESS +

Old Post 06-27-2009 09:25 PM
LonestarB&T is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LonestarB&T Click here to Send LonestarB&T a Private Message Click Here to Email LonestarB&T Visit LonestarB&T's homepage! Find more posts by LonestarB&T Add LonestarB&T to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
C.Gibson
UKC Forum Member

I don't know all the hunters in tennessee, but 2 of the best ones around here are grade dogs. Splinter, and ol' blue. They get hunted every night. ol' blue is 3 and splinter is going on 9. In the last 9 years theres not many nights that they haven't been in the woods.

Old Post 06-27-2009 09:28 PM
C.Gibson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for C.Gibson Click here to Send C.Gibson a Private Message Find more posts by C.Gibson Add C.Gibson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Geminite
UKC Forum Member

There are so many coondogs in the state of Ohio that I don't know if it's possible to only name 5. The last post I made on this thread was nearly three years ago, I've hunted with a lot more dogs since then and here's a few that would make my personal list...in no particular order...

NITECH PR Buck Creek Rock Anne - Walker female
GRNITECH PR Rocky Creek Spiderman - English male
NITECH PR Jamie's Trashey Dee - English female
NITECH GRCH PR Zink's Bayou Amy's Revenge - Plott male
PR Stillwater's Black Burtha - B&T female
GRNITECH GRCH PR Stine's Oldtown Billie Jo - B&T female

Home of:
CH Crystal Springs Dear Darla
Crystal Creeks Dizzy Spell

Proud Handler of:
GRNITECH CH PR Jamie's Trashy Big John
NITECH PR Lifeways Fire Cracker

In Fond Memory of:
NITECH CH PR Jamie's Trashy Hightech Redneck
GRNITECH GRCH PR Morgan's Losses Hills Dawn
GRCH PR Wilkinson's Jebb
NITECH CH PR Gimme Three Steps Mister

Last edited by Geminite on 06-28-2009 at 09:44 AM

Old Post 06-27-2009 10:55 PM
Geminite is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Geminite Click here to Send Geminite a Private Message Click Here to Email Geminite Visit Geminite's homepage! Find more posts by Geminite Add Geminite to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
michael widdup
UKC Forum Member

wv

when you talk wv you have kenny mason,kenny abbott,jr barnes,calvin cottrell,clair chenoweth,larry ross,and many more owners i can name.as far as good dogs pick one!!!

Old Post 06-28-2009 01:10 AM
michael widdup is offline Click Here to See the Profile for michael widdup Click here to Send michael widdup a Private Message Click Here to Email michael widdup Find more posts by michael widdup Add michael widdup to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brandon Coselman
UKC Forum Member

MICHIGAN

In no particular order...

Crocker's Quick Flash
Stylish Stubby
Misty Hills Speck
Charley Creek Edge
Tucker's Blue Boomer

Somemore would be...

Fine Line Cooler
Misty Hills White Fang
Parks' Just Plain Krazy
Coon Creek Spook
Stoney Bottom Buddy
Stylish Mr. Twister
Al Z's Stylish Butch
*And many more!

Home of: 2017 Grand Masters Invitational Champion, 2016 & 2017 Michigan PKC State Champion PCH GRNITECH 'PR' Mr Clean's Snooki
&
2022 Senior SS Reserve Champion PCH GRNITECH Snooki's Jwoww

Last edited by Brandon Coselman on 06-28-2009 at 03:40 AM

Old Post 06-28-2009 03:13 AM
Brandon Coselman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brandon Coselman Click here to Send Brandon Coselman a Private Message Click Here to Email Brandon Coselman Find more posts by Brandon Coselman Add Brandon Coselman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brandon Coselman
UKC Forum Member

ARKANSAS

quote:
Originally posted by ThunderRock
In ohio I would have to say.

GRCH'PR' 1ST TREE-N BLUE ROCK BALL
GRNITECH GRCH"PR" TJ"S TYLISH LIPPER
I am not that familiar with the ppl that hunt in my state so if some one could help me out LOL

Ive herd that the Hardcore Rockin Rodney dog is pretty good one!

Home of: 2017 Grand Masters Invitational Champion, 2016 & 2017 Michigan PKC State Champion PCH GRNITECH 'PR' Mr Clean's Snooki
&
2022 Senior SS Reserve Champion PCH GRNITECH Snooki's Jwoww

Old Post 06-28-2009 03:22 AM
Brandon Coselman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brandon Coselman Click here to Send Brandon Coselman a Private Message Click Here to Email Brandon Coselman Find more posts by Brandon Coselman Add Brandon Coselman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
truebluefordman
UKC Forum Member

we all know the best dogs are in indiana. we prove that year after year... i happen to own three of the best there is in my kennel.. but you know what i have 9 more that eat and poop just like the other three. yes sir the best three they are so smart i think they can talk spanish.... just call me i can tell you how good they are any time just drop me a line...............lol...

boy's i tell ya how it is. i'am not here to bs you. i'am here to hunt dogs and get you the most for your money.my door is open for anyone to come hunt, spend the night or the weekend i hunt hard and it shows in my dogs 317-494-1098 danny suttles

Old Post 06-29-2009 06:44 PM
truebluefordman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for truebluefordman Click here to Send truebluefordman a Private Message Click Here to Email truebluefordman Find more posts by truebluefordman Add truebluefordman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Steve Flint
UKC Forum Member

Lil Ole Gr Nt Ch Lucky Pepsi is as good as there is anywhere in any State!

Old Post 06-29-2009 07:07 PM
Steve Flint is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Steve Flint Click here to Send Steve Flint a Private Message Click Here to Email Steve Flint Find more posts by Steve Flint Add Steve Flint to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trappin_girl
UKC Forum Member

Re: wv

quote:
Originally posted by michael widdup
when you talk wv you have kenny mason,kenny abbott,jr barnes,calvin cottrell,clair chenoweth,larry ross,and many more owners i can name.as far as good dogs pick one!!!

u make a good point mike... cept one thing... dad dont own a dog... lmao! all my dogs.. lol!! and i gorgot about clair and them lol i sat here and racked my head on other dogs... my bad lol...

home phone:304-462-7054
Cell phone:304-613-9740
dixie_coonhunter_911@yahoo.com

PR Tristan's JR (Tristans Dog)

PR Grampa's Miss Ruby (Ruby's Dog)

Old Post 06-29-2009 07:55 PM
trappin_girl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trappin_girl Click here to Send trappin_girl a Private Message Click Here to Email trappin_girl Find more posts by trappin_girl Add trappin_girl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ben Crocker
UKC Forum Member

top 5

Not sure I could name the top 5. Nice feeling seeing a couple of my old potlickers mentioned for Michigan, but I would have no idea if either are in Michigans top 5 or not. I have ran the hunts hard for the past 9 years and will say this.. year after year one dog shows up in the winner circle more than others in limited hunts. Maybe not now that he's gotten old, but probably the most feared dog to draw from year after year. Many Michigan dogs have had a good year or two, but for the best you got to cover a large time frame.

#1 IMO is Stylish Stubby, and number 2 thru whatever is not even close!

Old Post 06-29-2009 08:06 PM
Ben Crocker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ben Crocker Click here to Send Ben Crocker a Private Message Click Here to Email Ben Crocker Find more posts by Ben Crocker Add Ben Crocker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EEEKennels
UKC Forum Member

in Ohio

CH'PR'Meisenhelder Saint Patty English female from the late 80's
GRCH'PR' Hardknockin Big mama Walker female
Dual Gr'PR' Baer Creek Outlaw
cannot remeber her name but a Walker female hunted By Jim Samples in 2007
NITECH'CH'PR' Ondeck Tex Bluetick male.

these are just a few that come to mind and stand out as real coon dogs in my opion they have what it takes to put on a great show not just a good one and the folk that hunt these dogs are top notch.

Old Post 06-30-2009 04:02 AM
EEEKennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for EEEKennels Click here to Send EEEKennels a Private Message Click Here to Email EEEKennels Find more posts by EEEKennels Add EEEKennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
michael widdup
UKC Forum Member

ben crocker

buddy you alway's have a good dog!from jake,to jewel,to flash.i know your secret!you hunt harder than anyone i know!

Old Post 06-30-2009 04:14 AM
michael widdup is offline Click Here to See the Profile for michael widdup Click here to Send michael widdup a Private Message Click Here to Email michael widdup Find more posts by michael widdup Add michael widdup to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tioga Kennel
UKC Forum Member

hello

Showing is better

My Dog Splatt left
Storm right

Ever So Clever left
Honest Ivan right
Are my picks in Pa.

http://www.netneon.com/88257494006c1fee/business/Z08122480!open

Last edited by Tioga Kennel on 06-30-2009 at 10:41 PM

Old Post 06-30-2009 05:43 AM
Tioga Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tioga Kennel Click here to Send Tioga Kennel a Private Message Click Here to Email Tioga Kennel Visit Tioga Kennel's homepage! Find more posts by Tioga Kennel Add Tioga Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cody Carroll
UKC Forum Member

ive never hunted with him but brad mitchells zeb 3 dog has been winning ALOT here lately and he is winning the state race i think so he has gotta be pretty nice

proud member of the United States Navy Submarine Force

Former home of:
GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' Hardwood Ontime Abby

Old Post 06-30-2009 06:50 AM
Cody Carroll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cody Carroll Click here to Send Cody Carroll a Private Message Click Here to Email Cody Carroll Find more posts by Cody Carroll Add Cody Carroll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ben Crocker
UKC Forum Member

Re: ben crocker

quote:
Originally posted by michael widdup
buddy you alway's have a good dog!from jake,to jewel,to flash.i know your secret!you hunt harder than anyone i know!
Hows things out east? I still would like to come for a hunt some fall. Later Ben

Old Post 06-30-2009 06:54 AM
Ben Crocker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ben Crocker Click here to Send Ben Crocker a Private Message Click Here to Email Ben Crocker Find more posts by Ben Crocker Add Ben Crocker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mikehurt
UKC Forum Member

Blue

I won't post 5 for fear of leaving someone out.
But, there is a dog named Blue that has done an awful lot of winning down here. I believe he is a single registered English, but don't quote me. He is owned by Kenny Sloan.

Old Post 06-30-2009 03:59 PM
mikehurt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mikehurt Click here to Send mikehurt a Private Message Click Here to Email mikehurt Find more posts by mikehurt Add mikehurt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote