UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > #Wild-N-Blue Hounds#
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

Merry Christmas to my dad

He shot this buck opening day of gun season in 2010. We sent the head to a friend of a friend that does head mounts on the side. Well six years later and still no head. My buddy would check up on him about once a year and he never made any moving progress with it. So this fall I told my buddy to get me his number and I'll get the skull back and just get it beetled if it wasn't going to get done any time soon. I met the guy at Tractor Supply one weekend back in November and what he gave me was the horns and just enough skull bone to hold em together. Google and Amazon are amazing tools when the idea of a project comes in mind. I ordered a fake skull off amazon, and everything seen in the picture from a craft store. Lamp kit from Home Depot, and the shade came from a second-hand selling store. I snagged the fence post from a old abandoned cow pasture across the road from my house, and the wood slab was in the basement for years. I think it came out real well. I even had a display sign custom engraved. I hot glued it to the small wood slab that is in the middle of the wreath.

HOME OF:

UKC GRNITECH CH PR MIDNIGHT STORMS WILDMAN BUCK
(Check out Wildman Buck's Stud Page)

PR CHIEFS WILD N BLUE CRACK
-2017 Da$h For Ca$h Fall Shootout Finals Championship Overall Winner

Last edited by Nick Jennings on 12-29-2016 at 02:18 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-29-2016 02:06 PM
Nick Jennings is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nick Jennings Click here to Send Nick Jennings a Private Message Find more posts by Nick Jennings Add Nick Jennings to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

Had a decent hunt last night with Crack and KC.

They left me on a dead run and were a ways away in no time. I had them showed treed at about 650 yards away uphill. Upon arriving to them KC met me and farther in Crack met me. I took them back to the area that they were showed treed and they ran back in a bunch of cutover trees that were recently logged. I heard a couple ground barks and they came back around the corner of a big cut down tree. Thinking they had something bayed or killed in that jungle of cutover. I couldn't find it. I walked them back to the direction of home and they did a circle around me and back to where they were baying. They followed a creek uphill and were long gone. I started my way hoofing back to them and at about the 800 yard line I could start to hear them moving a track. They moved it away another couple hundred yards from where I started to hear them. They ended up under a nice coon in a old cow pasture. I rewarded them and we walked back home. Skinned the coon out and going to mess with my new pup later this afternoon with it

HOME OF:

Old Post 01-12-2017 02:27 PM
Nick Jennings is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nick Jennings Click here to Send Nick Jennings a Private Message Find more posts by Nick Jennings Add Nick Jennings to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

First encounter with a hide

makes ya wonder what he is thinking looking at it

HOME OF:

Old Post 01-12-2017 02:35 PM
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

havent posted in a while

photobucket has been on the fritz so I am due to post some pictures. Been a while since I made a update to this thread

"Crack" has really came into his own and starting to show that he has the right tools to get the job done. I have thrown him in a few small UKC hunts this past spring, although he's lost all of them...he has always been one of the more dominant dogs of the casts. Just can't get things to line up and play out for us. He needs some work on a few things but for a young 2 year old, I am really impressed with how he is turning out to be.

"KC" is being hunted also. I haven't thrown her in any hunts but she is getting her fair share of time in the woods. She also is coming into her own and showing good traits, and like any other young dog...some faulty traits that could be critiqued.

And the new puppy of the pack. Little Albert
Albert is a name that I had no intentions of naming and don't think I would ever name a dog, but he got stuck with the name. So we'll see if he will live up to expectations and show that a big bad name don't mean anything. He is character and a half. He is a bawl mouth dog, and I mean BAWL!!!!!!! he let's out a bawl that lasts about 5 seconds. I've showed him a hide a few times but nothing other than that. Just waiting on him to mature and grow up. He will be 6months old on May 1st. I'm kinda curious on what he will have for a tree mouth. if he is going to tree like the way he bawls around the yard, we're looking at roughly 10-15 barks a minute hahaha

HOME OF:

Old Post 04-24-2017 02:03 PM
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

HOME OF:

Old Post 04-25-2017 06:02 PM
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

Rest in Peace Albert

Worst feeling in the world having a pup coming along nice get whacked in the road.

I took Crack and Albert out last night. Crack is 2.5 years old, and Albert just turned 6months old on May 1st and I just started getting after getting him in the woods religiously. After about a hour without a track even started, I called them in and started heading home. Halfway back home Crack started winding in the air and he is a medium/hot nosed dog to begin with. I knew there were some big den trees about 100-150 yards away and I thought this would be a perfect set up to get Albert in on. They busted over that way and no track started. They kept going making a loop and getting close to a busy highway. By time I got over to them, they were already working along the edge of the road. Never heard any brakes squeals or loud noises. I stood about 100 yards from the road up high in elevation calling them to me. Crack is normally very good about hustling back to me when I start whistling. This time he took forever. I think when his buddy got whacked, he was guarding him on the edge of the road. He came in very slow and skiddish. Albert's collar was showing him on the other side of the road, so I was thinking that he crossed over and was afraid to cross back. I got down onto the road and I finally found the reason behind him not coming to me. Someone whacked him with their vehicle and didn't even have the respect to stop and call me or wait for me to show up. He layed in a bloody mess and was tore up pretty good. He got hit hard enough that his hamstring got ripped wide open, and the eyehole of the antenna on my DC 40 ripped through the screw that holds it in place underneath the cover. We all know it happens to us unfortunately, but to have the lack of heart to just keep driving away.

We buried him late last night next to a grave that we dug for my Siberian Husky I had put down last week. I never knew a kid could be soo unfortunate to have two of his dogs taken from him all within a week. This one took the wind of my sails pretty good. I had big plans for him in a few years in a breeding program I started to keep the "WILD-N-BLUE" bloodline going. Looks like I'm going to have to go a new route.

Rest in peace buddy. You had the potential to be a great one

[/B][/QUOTE]

HOME OF:

Old Post 05-09-2017 03:28 PM
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

Congrats to Albert's mom and dad on a great week at BBOA Days. Sure wish the little guy was still here

quote:
Originally posted by DWALSTON

2017 BLUETICK DAYS KING OF HUNT
'BIG COUNTRY'

'LOTSAGRIT JAZZ'

HOME OF:

Old Post 05-22-2017 08:45 PM