UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Dog that will dog heating up
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jeff poff
UKC Forum Member

Heating up

I'm having problem with my dog heating up when he trees he will not quit treeing but go to bawling on tree need info on grain free dog food will help or any brand that might help I have been feeding joy 24/20 and love the way makes him look he just heats up thanks for the info

Last edited by jeff poff on 03-09-2024 at 06:28 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-09-2024 06:04 PM
jeff poff is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jeff poff Click here to Send jeff poff a Private Message Click Here to Email jeff poff Find more posts by jeff poff Add jeff poff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
critter
UKC Forum Member

Diamond

I have good luck with Diamond Naturals. Their Extreme Athlete is my favorite. 32-25.

Old Post 03-09-2024 06:54 PM
critter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for critter Click here to Send critter a Private Message Click Here to Email critter Find more posts by critter Add critter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

I would recommend a basic vet check to make sure he doesn’t have other issues

Old Post 03-10-2024 04:24 PM
Sonny Phipps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Phipps Click here to Send Sonny Phipps a Private Message Click Here to Email Sonny Phipps Find more posts by Sonny Phipps Add Sonny Phipps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bsmith921
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Sonny Phipps
I would recommend a basic vet check to make sure he doesn’t have other issues

Second that!!

Old Post 03-12-2024 03:37 AM
bsmith921 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bsmith921 Click here to Send bsmith921 a Private Message Click Here to Email bsmith921 Find more posts by bsmith921 Add bsmith921 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MUSKY
UKC Forum Member

As previously mentioned get a vet check and maybe get him off the corn

Home of:
A couple old plugs

Old Post 03-13-2024 07:20 PM
MUSKY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MUSKY Click here to Send MUSKY a Private Message Click Here to Email MUSKY Find more posts by MUSKY Add MUSKY to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hat creek mac
UKC Forum Member

As mentioned above, the first thing I would do is visit a vet and have tick panel done as well as a thyroid count.

IF everything looks good health wise, I would look into a lower protein/lower fat feed. THE PRIDE makes a Pro Series--Field and Sport--21/17 that was made for dogs that run hotter during the spring, summer, and fall months. Every dog is different. What works for one may or may not work for another.

Old Post 03-14-2024 05:13 PM
hat creek mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hat creek mac Click here to Send hat creek mac a Private Message Click Here to Email hat creek mac Find more posts by hat creek mac Add hat creek mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Add21
UKC Forum Member

Stay away from grain free.

Old Post 03-18-2024 12:37 AM
Add21 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Add21 Click here to Send Add21 a Private Message Find more posts by Add21 Add Add21 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote