UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Wow what a feeling
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Lipperman22
UKC Forum Member

Wow what a feeling

So decided to take my pup out hunting tonight for his second time. I bought him not quite a year ago in Texas. Never trained him a thing but I took him out tonight and on his first drop he went out 150 yards struck ran located and treed his first coon all on his own and in the rain. I'm 21 and this is my first coondog pup. All I can say is it's an amazing feeling raising a pup and seeing it come around. Looks like he will be getting a lot of woods time in his future

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-15-2017 02:58 AM
Lipperman22 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lipperman22 Click here to Send Lipperman22 a Private Message Click Here to Email Lipperman22 Find more posts by Lipperman22 Add Lipperman22 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

a hunting dog is born...and a joy to own...your are a lucky young man...

Old Post 10-15-2017 03:38 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Dog

Now that kind of young dog makes one antsy just waiting for it to get dark. Keep him in the woods, he sounds like he is the right kind. Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 10-15-2017 at 06:21 AM

Old Post 10-15-2017 04:42 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I just got home Fred treed three of the oldest baddest tracks known to man for a two yrs old I am darn proud of him. Got luck with your young dog enjoy him. Won't be long those leaves will crackle under our feet special time of year for me.

Old Post 10-15-2017 07:43 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

My hunt wasn't so good last night, my buddy picked me up last night', he over shot my drive slammed on the brakes slammed it in reverse slammed on the brakes dog box slides out, his dog takes off down the busy highway, i take off after him. some guy slams his brakes to avoid the dog box and stops to help my buddy load the box. I catch his dog get mine loaded and the guy that helped comes back and said he lost his cell phone as were looking for it i look up and see my buddys truck is in reverse slowly heading for the hwy. I get it stopped and find the cell phone. Get to the woods and my buddy doesn't have his light or Garmin, get one treed recut and don't see his dog again till 4 am. I actually enjoyed it something a little different

Old Post 10-15-2017 03:47 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by sleepy head
My hunt wasn't so good last night, my buddy picked me up last night', he over shot my drive slammed on the brakes slammed it in reverse slammed on the brakes dog box slides out, his dog takes off down the busy highway, i take off after him. some guy slams his brakes to avoid the dog box and stops to help my buddy load the box. I catch his dog get mine loaded and the guy that helped comes back and said he lost his cell phone as were looking for it i look up and see my buddys truck is in reverse slowly heading for the hwy. I get it stopped and find the cell phone. Get to the woods and my buddy doesn't have his light or Garmin, get one treed recut and don't see his dog again till 4 am. I actually enjoyed it something a little different
LMBO !! gotta love those kind of nites !! you''ll have them !! something to remember !!!

Old Post 10-15-2017 04:01 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by CHEWBACH
LMBO !! gotta love those kind of nites !! you''ll have them !! something to remember !!!

I've never hunted with Tar obie but i suspect that would be a normal hunt

Old Post 10-15-2017 04:33 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Sleepy !! i got to agree with ya !!

Old Post 10-15-2017 05:15 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:

Even a bad hunt is a good hunt with me if we tree coons it's a bonus I am going to have fun regardless.

Old Post 10-15-2017 06:26 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote