UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > New light opinions
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Lights......

quote:
Originally posted by whats up
There are several light builders that represent our sport very well .I see them donate lights at alot of hunts to be given away .but I can't walk away or turn my head at a lifetime warranty.I'm running the sunspot mini and I have no problem finding coon in any tree .no toggle switches no runway lights mounted on the head. just one coondog and a 70000 lux light and a lifetime warranty

A Lifetime Warranty is Great if you plan on keeping your Light for longer than 2 years.......But Most Coonhunters won't keep them that long, just because they want the latest & Greatest Version.
You can find a Coon with a 6 volt light from Walmart ( I have b4 )
I bought the Reaper because of the Reviews, and I was curious .....Sure Glad I got it and then got the Double Death......
There are a lot of Great Lights out there, and I have Owned or Seen most of them.....But None Better than the Reaper Lights in my opinion.
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-19-2017 01:35 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Slim shady
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Lights......

quote:
Originally posted by Rough Cut
Do you know who it is that runs this? I'm local.

Glen And Mary Halterbrand is there name I believe

Old Post 09-19-2017 01:43 PM
Slim shady is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Slim shady Click here to Send Slim shady a Private Message Find more posts by Slim shady Add Slim shady to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Slim shady
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by nathan cooley
what kinda spot it have?

It has a pretty tight spot..

Old Post 09-19-2017 01:45 PM
Slim shady is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Slim shady Click here to Send Slim shady a Private Message Find more posts by Slim shady Add Slim shady to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
whats up
UKC Forum Member

Re: Lights......

quote:
Originally posted by Triple K Kennel
A Lifetime Warranty is Great if you plan on keeping your Light for longer than 2 years.......But Most Coonhunters won't keep them that long, just because they want the latest & Greatest Version.
I bought the Reaper because of the Reviews, and I was curious .....Sure Glad I got it and then got the Double Death......
There are a lot of Great Lights out there, and I have Owned or Seen most of them.....But None Better than the Reaper Lights in my opinion.
Tim

that lifetime warranty tells me that the company building there light is building something to last and there willing to stand behind it.I can't go and buy a new light every time a new one comes out so I buy the ones that last 4 me

Old Post 09-19-2017 04:10 PM
whats up is offline Click Here to See the Profile for whats up Click here to Send whats up a Private Message Click Here to Email whats up Find more posts by whats up Add whats up to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

Re: Lights......

quote:
Tim

Thankfully sunspot warranty transfers to the next customer also.so not only are you buying one of the best lights on the market you are also getting the best warranty ever offered!

Old Post 09-19-2017 10:16 PM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fire Archer
UKC Forum Member

I have a Sunspot and it has been a very good light. Not sure if its the brightest or the best but I do know that if a dog trees and I don't see a coon it isn't because my light isnt bright enough. It is plenty bright, has very good battery life, feels very balanced on your head, lifetime warranty and customer service is second to none from my experience.

Last edited by Fire Archer on 09-19-2017 at 11:10 PM

Old Post 09-19-2017 11:04 PM
Fire Archer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fire Archer Click here to Send Fire Archer a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Archer Add Fire Archer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Lights......

quote:
Originally posted by John B.Dalton
Thankfully sunspot warranty transfers to the next customer also.so not only are you buying one of the best lights on the market you are also getting the best warranty ever offered!

There is No doubt that Mike builds a good light, and that he has a Great Warranty. I have owned several of his original Lights and may own another someday. My buddy bought the Inferno at Oaks.....going to compare it with the Reaper DD here real soon, I might just want one after the comparison....😉.
If there is a Light that is Brighter, a better Walklight, better colors or more comfortable than the Reaper DD, then you can bet I will have it. I haven't seen one yet though....😉

I have owned several Superior Lights in the last 6 years and still own 3 now, Never a problem with any of them. I call the Superior Lights Mr. Dependable ......👍🏻
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Last edited by Triple K Kennel on 09-20-2017 at 01:45 PM

Old Post 09-20-2017 03:18 AM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gary Roberson
UKC Forum Member

Have you looked at Elusive Wildlife Technologies? They are one of my sponsors of CARNIVORE. They started out in lights for hogs and predator calling but they make a headlight called the Kill Light that is great for coon hunting. Comes in clear, red or green light, adjustable beam, a high, medium and low settings. Priced about half of everything else on the market.
Adios,
Gary

Old Post 09-20-2017 05:00 PM
Gary Roberson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gary Roberson Click here to Send Gary Roberson a Private Message Click Here to Email Gary Roberson Find more posts by Gary Roberson Add Gary Roberson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Slim shady
Banned

Anyone tried K light Zoom yet?

Old Post 09-20-2017 05:12 PM
jisko
New UKC Forum Member

K-LIGHT

I bought the zoom at oaks and I absolutely love it.

Old Post 09-21-2017 03:41 AM
jisko is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jisko Click here to Send jisko a Private Message Click Here to Email jisko Find more posts by jisko Add jisko to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Light....

quote:
Originally posted by Gary Roberson
Have you looked at Elusive Wildlife Technologies? They are one of my sponsors of CARNIVORE. They started out in lights for hogs and predator calling but they make a headlight called the Kill Light that is great for coon hunting. Comes in clear, red or green light, adjustable beam, a high, medium and low settings. Priced about half of everything else on the market.
Adios,
Gary

I have checked those out......
Star Hunting Lights has the same Light, and have for awhile. It is more of a Light to use as a Spotlight, and that's what I use it for.....Yes, I have one....LOL.
I bought mine several months ago, and like it a lot. Very bright and will reach the top of any tree. The price thru Star is $60 + $10 for an extra battery.
Nice Light for sure.
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Last edited by Triple K Kennel on 09-22-2017 at 02:44 AM

Old Post 09-21-2017 12:46 PM
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Re: Lights.....

quote:
The Reaper was the Brightest, Yep it's True---
Now they have the Double Death Reaper, I don't have one yet but I do have one on its way---But there is No doubt it is THE BRIGHTEST LIGHT that Money can Buy !!!!!
Don't Buy another & Hope it's Brighter---Because it won't be.
The Absolute Best Walklight you will find...!!!
The Regular Reaper or the Double Death will Make you Happy...!!!

If you have never owned a Coonhunting Light, then there are several you would be Happy with---But skip all that and go to the Top with a Reaper or Double Death...!!

I am like that Insurance Commercial ---I know a thing or two, because I have seen a thing or two...!!!

Want to talk Lights, call or text me---765-244-7028
Tim

I had 2 different guys texting me today with some questions about Lights, I gave them my honest opinion. The one said that he thinks that if a certain Light makes me happy, then he will probably like it as well. He called Brighteyes after our conversation and he now has a Reaper DD heading his way. The other guy didn't want any Color Modules, but a Great Walklight .....I directed him to Superior, told him they will customize a Great Light for him, he is going to call Sam in next couple days.
Thanks guys for trusting my judgement.
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 09-22-2017 02:57 AM
Budly
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Lights.....

quote:
I had 2 different guys texting me today with some questions about Lights, I gave them my honest opinion. The one said that he thinks that if a certain Light makes me happy, then he will probably like it as well. He called Brighteyes after our conversation and he now has a Reaper DD heading his way. The other guy didn't want any Color Modules, but a Great Walklight .....I directed him to Superior, told him they will customize a Great Light for him, he is going to call Sam in next couple days.
Thanks guys for trusting my judgement.
Tim

Thank you for answering my texts. I can't wait to try out my new Double Death.

Old Post 09-22-2017 05:59 AM
Budly is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Budly Click here to Send Budly a Private Message Click Here to Email Budly Find more posts by Budly Add Budly to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Lights.....

quote:
Originally posted by Budly

Not a problem at all.....
You will Love your Reaper Double Death......Its Excellent in Every Dept.
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 09-22-2017 12:29 PM
critter
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Lights.....

quote:
Not a problem at all.....
You will Love your Reaper Double Death......Its Excellent in Every Dept.
Tim

Tim,do you have any feedback about the Kelly k-light zoom light?

Last edited by critter on 09-22-2017 at 04:14 PM

Old Post 09-22-2017 04:12 PM
critter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for critter Click here to Send critter a Private Message Click Here to Email critter Find more posts by critter Add critter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lights.....

quote:
Originally posted by critter
Tim,do you have any feedback about the Kelly k-light zoom light?

I have not even seen one yet, other than a picture. It sure sounds nice. I have been trying to find a Dealer close so I could look at one.
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 09-22-2017 06:42 PM
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Lights.....

quote:

When you get your Double Death, try it a night or two.....then let us know how you like it......👍🏻
See if a couple of buddies will tag along with you....if they have other brands of Lights they use after they see the Double Death they will be ordering one........😉

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 09-23-2017 04:16 PM
Budly
UKC Forum Member

Double Death

I sure will get back to you after I test this light out.

Old Post 09-24-2017 05:19 AM
Budly is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Budly Click here to Send Budly a Private Message Click Here to Email Budly Find more posts by Budly Add Budly to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Light.....

I just had the one guy send me a PM.....
He ordered a Superior Box Light because he doesn't like a Caplight.
Mr. Brewer you will Love your new Superior Box Light......they are a real tough Light.
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 09-26-2017 03:17 AM
Budly
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Lights.....

quote:
When you get your Double Death, try it a night or two.....then let us know how you like it......👍🏻
See if a couple of buddies will tag along with you....if they have other brands of Lights they use after they see the Double Death they will be ordering one........😉

I received my new Double Death within 7 days of the nice phone call to Wes. It does look impressive with the row of color LEDs that align around the lower half of the main light. I have a pair of walking lights, and a pair each of red and amber lights. To me, each pair would be adequate in and of themselves for searching a tree and or walking around. I was surprised with this
The main light is indeed a very bright and capable light. It is brighter than my old Nocturnal addict, and old Cajun, which probably isn't saying much these days. I'm sure all of the lights have improved, and certainly do not want to rate the lights, I'm just comparing my new light, to what I own.
I haven't hunted with my friends yet, and maybe when I do, I will comment more. Thanks for a nice light.
One thing I'd like to know. Does that row of LEDs on the brim of the cap work? I found a pushbutton switch on the underside of the brim, but that doesn't cause them to light up. Are they supposed to work?

Old Post 10-04-2017 06:21 AM
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lights.....

quote:
I received my new Double Death within 7 days of the nice phone call to Wes. It does look impressive with the row of color LEDs that align around the lower half of the main light. I have a pair of walking lights, and a pair each of red and amber lights. To me, each pair would be adequate in and of themselves for searching a tree and or walking around. I was surprised with this
The main light is indeed a very bright and capable light. It is brighter than my old Nocturnal addict, and old Cajun, which probably isn't saying much these days. I'm sure all of the lights have improved, and certainly do not want to rate the lights, I'm just comparing my new light, to what I own.
I haven't hunted with my friends yet, and maybe when I do, I will comment more. Thanks for a nice light.
One thing I'd like to know. Does that row of LEDs on the brim of the cap work? I found a pushbutton switch on the underside of the brim, but that doesn't cause them to light up. Are they supposed to work?

Glad you like your Double Death.......
To operate the row of lights on brim of hat, check on bottom side of Cap along the side for a little battery compartment .....it will be a very small box under seam.......flip the little switch on it to give it power.....after that flip of the switch you just use the push button switch on brim.
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 10-04-2017 11:15 AM
Budly
UKC Forum Member

Double Death

Thanks! This makes the light even sweeter, in that there are many light output options. From the littlest project to scanning the tops of trees.

Old Post 10-04-2017 02:18 PM
Budly
UKC Forum Member

Double Death

Thanks! This makes the light even sweeter, in that there are many light output options. From the littlest project to scanning the tops of trees.

Old Post 10-04-2017 02:18 PM
Saul Hall
UKC Forum Member

I have had my double death for a couple weeks now. I can honestly say it is the brightest light I have ever had on my head. I really like it so far.

Old Post 10-04-2017 03:41 PM
Saul Hall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Saul Hall Click here to Send Saul Hall a Private Message Click Here to Email Saul Hall Find more posts by Saul Hall Add Saul Hall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
critter
UKC Forum Member

double death!

Got one on the way.Hope you all are right!

Old Post 10-04-2017 04:38 PM
critter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for critter Click here to Send critter a Private Message Click Here to Email critter Find more posts by critter Add critter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote