UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Wild and Crazy
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Wild and Crazy

No I am not talking about Spring Break Week in Florida.
Does a Coonhound have to be a wild and crazy fool to win today's competition coonhunts? Can a laid back dog with a lot of sense be a big time winner? Or does it take a wide open dog that leaves out on a dead run, barking every breath and doesn't stop until they are 700 yrds away? Do you have to have a bark collar to have a winner?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-28-2019 05:28 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Took a last strike dog and a first tree dog with a coon and won a lot of $$$ them super dogs didn't look so good when they didn't know where she was at time they heard her it was to late lol.

One of these days the kc's are going to realize they took the 50 yrs old and up out of the game by allowing the styles of dogs to be hunted. We old guys are a large majority of hunters because the younger ones don't want to coonhunt. And the ones that do got the babble , deep and alone fever.

Tar

Old Post 03-28-2019 05:42 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stxcoonhunter
UKC Forum Member

A lot of them are but a few are not. I don't believe Mr. Clean was a wound up poop smearing, kennel barking, babbling idiot.

Old Post 03-28-2019 05:47 PM
stxcoonhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for stxcoonhunter Click here to Send stxcoonhunter a Private Message Click Here to Email stxcoonhunter Find more posts by stxcoonhunter Add stxcoonhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

That is a very interesting question...🧐🤔
We must be careful on how we answer...sometimes it is not what we say but in how we say it that can get us in hot waters...

I like those crazy hot nosed straight running slobber mouthed hounds...🤥😳

Old Post 03-28-2019 05:52 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

Yes, but they need all the tools/abilities, at least a lot of the tools/abilities

Old Post 03-28-2019 05:52 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lone Pine JB
UKC Forum Member

my old Hyde Collector dog that placed in top 20 of world the one year he was pushed, holds New York record for $ won in a year, won all over. He was cool, calm and collected. Never wore a bark collar when I owned him, not once.

Sue that won ukc world hunt a couple years back is a pretty calm dog too. Might bark at feeding time, but pretty laid back otherwise.

So no, a dog doesn't have to be wild and crazy to be top hound

Lone Pine North

Old Post 03-28-2019 05:54 PM
Lone Pine JB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lone Pine JB Click here to Send Lone Pine JB a Private Message Click Here to Email Lone Pine JB Visit Lone Pine JB's homepage! Find more posts by Lone Pine JB Add Lone Pine JB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I am talking about "today's" hunts, not 5 or 10 years ago.

Old Post 03-28-2019 06:26 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BLAKE WHEELER
UKC Forum Member

Define wild and crazy. Do they have to bark every step to be considered wild and crazy?

Old Post 03-28-2019 06:34 PM
BLAKE WHEELER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BLAKE WHEELER Click here to Send BLAKE WHEELER a Private Message Click Here to Email BLAKE WHEELER Find more posts by BLAKE WHEELER Add BLAKE WHEELER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Davebrott
UKC Forum Member

I hunt a female called Little Snook . I won the Michigan PKC state hunt with her last year has over $5000 won on her . she is a last strike dog normally but is a coon tree err
she will tree them close or deep and alone. she wins by treeing coon. same with Her mother Mr. Cleans Snooki she has won a lot . generally a last strike dog but has them coons. so yes coon dogs still can win nowadays.

Old Post 03-28-2019 06:50 PM
Davebrott is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Davebrott Click here to Send Davebrott a Private Message Click Here to Email Davebrott Find more posts by Davebrott Add Davebrott to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lone Pine JB
UKC Forum Member

I'm talking about 2 years ago.

Lone Pine North

Old Post 03-28-2019 06:56 PM
Lone Pine JB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lone Pine JB Click here to Send Lone Pine JB a Private Message Click Here to Email Lone Pine JB Visit Lone Pine JB's homepage! Find more posts by Lone Pine JB Add Lone Pine JB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micooner
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Lone Pine JB
I'm talking about 2 years ago.
whats changed in the last two years that's been going on the last 10 years?

Old Post 03-28-2019 08:18 PM
micooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for micooner Click here to Send micooner a Private Message Click Here to Email micooner Find more posts by micooner Add micooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dean jamerson
UKC Forum Member

Been on 5 cast in since middle of Feb, one ukc and 4 PKC, have not had a babbling dog in any of the cast. Is Babbling as common as everyone says it is?

Old Post 03-28-2019 09:30 PM
dean jamerson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dean jamerson Click here to Send dean jamerson a Private Message Click Here to Email dean jamerson Find more posts by dean jamerson Add dean jamerson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

No it is not. Lol

Old Post 03-28-2019 09:38 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Are the guys that say they are not hunting with babbling dogs hunting babbling dogs ? Nearly Every play by play I have watched of the major hunts the dogs left babbling facts not fiction !!

Deep and alone is here to stay too !!

Tar

Old Post 03-28-2019 10:08 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Hunted in a $$$ last Saturday, 2 dogs left babbling, both struck soon as the min was up, 30 sec later they treed, circled but no coon, cut them from there both left babbling, 2 min later was treed on a pine (both never missed a bark) judge asked where out dog was, 500 yards in that direction, walked a minute, cut loose both left babbling, my handler struck an treed Dixie, They did not cover her, she had 2 coon 200 plus CW. You got to get under a coon to win.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 03-28-2019 10:28 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

Just won $20,000 with a dog that barked 4 times on the ground in the fInal cast. They don’t have to bark they have to tree coons

Old Post 03-28-2019 10:41 PM
ole hoss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ole hoss Click here to Send ole hoss a Private Message Click Here to Email ole hoss Find more posts by ole hoss Add ole hoss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by ole hoss
Just won $20,000 with a dog that barked 4 times on the ground in the fInal cast. They don’t have to bark they have to tree coons

You get a good babbler that trees the heck out of them coons your in trouble !!

But Jason your right I won with one just like yours they have no answer for one like that sounds like that's what tims dog did too time they hear them it's to late.

Tar

Old Post 03-28-2019 10:51 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Nevermind. Dave

Old Post 03-28-2019 10:58 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Tar never did one of them live feeds before but tonight I might try it. If mine babbles I csn delete it I Hope.

Old Post 03-29-2019 12:08 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Hunted 3 UKC hunts this year, not one dog babbled, Honest Strike an Tree.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 03-29-2019 12:10 AM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I really ain't got a big problem with it till they try and use it for an undeserved advantage. Feel the same way about three of them circling a slick tree that gives one of them fellers 225 circle to beat you with when they should be getting 225-. The major hunts they use it as an advantage watch at rule change time how they fight to keep it the same.

Tar

Old Post 03-29-2019 12:25 AM
yadkintar
Banned

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
Tar never did one of them live feeds before but tonight I might try it. If mine babbles I csn delete it I Hope.

He ain't bred to babble unless you kick him lol.

Tar

Old Post 03-29-2019 12:27 AM
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

Hard to believe that someone would even have to ask a question like this.
I can tell ya what happened. Some hunter used this line of excuses to justify his cull dogs bad behavior and some uneducated hunter actually believed them. Then they probably breed to it and expected to get a pup without poor kennel manners.

Old Post 03-29-2019 01:48 AM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Night cry
UKC Forum Member

2-300 yards

Can a dog that hunts 2-300 yards and shows coons win ?? Or do they have to be deep and alone ?? I know covering won’t help none but if a man was to have a hound tree coons behind all the others that are going deep .. can you win with that type of hound ??

FUELED BY SHOWTIME DOG FOOD !!!

Old Post 03-29-2019 04:49 AM
Night cry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Night cry Click here to Send Night cry a Private Message Click Here to Email Night cry Find more posts by Night cry Add Night cry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Any dog that can produce coon can win. Check out the scores in these hunts. Don't take anyones opinion or word on the subject. Scores are posted all the time on the internet. Check them out. If you dog can tree two coon on a cast and not loose its points. It can be an above average winner. I know that doesn't seem to much to ask from a dog. Well then why doesn't it happen from often.

Old Post 03-29-2019 11:25 AM