UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > redstick Ann
Pages (14): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Perry Ross
UKC Forum Member

Merry Christmas To you and your family Sleepy and to all the Bluedog men.

NiteCh RTO' Blue Dealer
GRNITECH PKC Gold Ch RTO' TREE SLAMIN SALLY
Ms. State bluetick pkc leader and top sixteen state pkc 2010 made 2010 quarter finals pkc world only blue dog that made the quarter finals. 2010 bluetick breed Ch. Has a truck ticket for 2011
PKC PCH Full Throttle Jiggs 2011 Super Stake Sire and Performance Sire

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-24-2015 10:02 PM
Perry Ross is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Perry Ross Click here to Send Perry Ross a Private Message Click Here to Email Perry Ross Visit Perry Ross's homepage! Find more posts by Perry Ross Add Perry Ross to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

happy new year

Started out with a win at 2015 with Ann. At the winter classic.
We had a good year of hunting even though it was a hot summer and her coming in heat and me hunting other young dogs and crazy of me selling them just soon as they turn the crank. Ann won her share of hunts this year with only two dead cast and one lost too a question on the card should be grand but it give me something to hunt until I get fly on the right track. Ann has been resting the last week since I've wore myself down on the road and hunting and holidays upon us. Took a week off to rest and visit with family. I am going to be hunting very hard now that the weather is getting just right and my (bo& b-jean) pup acts like she is ready to tree. And my ace pup is growing faster by the day and full of energy Bankston bo&sally pup. We will be back at the winter classic 2016 trying to enjoy the hunt and metting the people who all love the same thing coon hunting and fellowship.

Happy new year to all.!!!!!

Old Post 12-29-2015 05:18 AM
sleepyblues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepyblues Click here to Send sleepyblues a Private Message Click Here to Email sleepyblues Find more posts by sleepyblues Add sleepyblues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

Btt

Old Post 01-11-2016 09:19 PM
sleepyblues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepyblues Click here to Send sleepyblues a Private Message Click Here to Email sleepyblues Find more posts by sleepyblues Add sleepyblues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

Btt

Old Post 01-15-2016 08:20 PM
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

Sunday night

Hunting on Sunday has always been a no for me unless the walls are closing in on me at home. So the wall was very close last night. Took ann and fly (bo & Barbra jean) not sure about fly yet but I'm thinking she is sticking ahead of ann. If so that is pretty good to me ann is a quick honest dog ann open right after that. It was a good track that went up a stream and real thick. Took the track 200 yards turn and came back to where they struck both dogs treed good and had him sitting high. I put him down to fly and she took care of it like a vet. After about five min. Of chewing it was time to teach her how to leave it along while on the lead since I left my backpack. And she learn that pretty quick and back to the truck with out getting my hand bite on. Now it's time to hit actachflyia basin wma hunting . This place will tell me all about fly in a week of hunting. I'll be giving a update on her this week.

Old Post 01-18-2016 03:01 PM
Jamie Carter
UKC Forum Member

Hope Fly makes a good one.

Old Post 01-18-2016 07:22 PM
Jamie Carter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jamie Carter Click here to Send Jamie Carter a Private Message Click Here to Email Jamie Carter Find more posts by Jamie Carter Add Jamie Carter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

fly

Took fly on a nice ride on the levee roads looking for off game to see if she would run any. And I did get her on what I needed to so I can begin to hunt her alone. After we went to correction school we went on a Lil hunt and she split from ann on the first turn out . Fly treed very good on a big cypress tree. Her tree and ann tree was close but found ann coon quick. I was trying to get a video of them split and was getting my phone out and laying my gun down on the ground. I look back up and that coon was gone and I never found him again so I let them tree awhile to see how long fly would tree hard. And this is when my smile went up side down. She jump high as she could three or four times and went back to teeing on the tree . I'm hoping that she won't start this mess. So I put them on the leash and walk back to the truck. Right before I got to the truck ann struck off the chain so I cut them and it was a good track right off the road. Fly threw on brakes and came right back to me and got between my legs while ann was gone on through the woods so I turn my light on high and watch a big armadillo walk out and fly we enter on to ann and treed with her good with out jumping up and down look hard but didn't find the coon. So off to the truck.

I'm liking the way fly is coming on but I'm not going to keep her if she keep jumping. So if someone is interested in her give me a call. 2256781247

Old Post 01-20-2016 09:16 PM
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

Fly is sounding good. Is she off of Steve's stock?

Old Post 01-20-2016 09:29 PM
BigContry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigContry Click here to Send BigContry a Private Message Click Here to Email BigContry Find more posts by BigContry Add BigContry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Casey Bigelow
UKC Forum Member

I think that pup (fly)was off the bocephus and Barbara jean cross that Jared Lawson (spelling?) bred

No Name Pup #1-(GRNT Zero x GRNT Layla)
No Name Pup #2- ( GRNT Poncho x GRNT Layla)
Casey Bigelow 407-952-0714

Old Post 01-20-2016 10:07 PM
Casey Bigelow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Casey Bigelow Click here to Send Casey Bigelow a Private Message Click Here to Email Casey Bigelow Find more posts by Casey Bigelow Add Casey Bigelow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

fly

Hunted her and ann last night. Struck a hot track right off .almost thinking they are babbling but I'm hunting in coons without feeders. They took it in about 300 yards and treed. I didn't have anything on so while they were treed I put on boots lights grab my gun a hand full of bullets roll my bike off and drove around trying to get close and found myself back at the truck and walk in to them. Fly was teeing good until I got to the tree and she stop and started to jump. So I hook her back off the tree and found three sitting up high. I started grabbing my pockets and looking for my clip. I got a new gun and not use to this clip so I was going to single load it but this new gun has safety on it so it won't shoot without it. I let ann tree awhile since I couldn't drop one I was going to mess with fly since I put her on the leash she stop teeing so I unhook her and she started to trail around and I started to catch her and make her get back on the tree but she act like she was excited about something so I let her go and she went about 100 yards came back and left out again but she was opening going away and come treed so I went to her and she stop once I got to the tree so I shined a little put her on the leash and went to the truck. I'm going to try it tonight if the rain don't come down.

Old Post 01-21-2016 06:26 PM
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

fly/ann

Hunted with a buddy last night ann left out without her collier and with dog leash still on.cut fly to her and the walker dog covered her they all got treed at 650yards and those two females was teeing so hard the walker dog back off and watch. Fly was teeing so hard. Not a mean bone in ann and her and fly was standing side by side. Fly didn't jump much at this tree but she was knocking the bark off the tre. We didn't find the coon it was a big hollow tree and full moon. We cut from the tree and they left out cross the creek and went 600 before I heard fly the walker then ann ,they trail a working track 0.88 when ann treed the walker dog and then fly. We walk about 800 yards when we relive we couldn't cross. Went back to the truck and and found a way to get close like 450 yards once we got to them fly was off the tree but came back once we got there. It took us about a hour to get to them. No coon seen another den tree. So back to the truck. We drove back around and cut back into some more woods. My two dog took off like the first cut back down the creek fly then ann . The walker dog went his own way. It took awhile to get one going but it was a long way off and a bad track so we got smart on this one since all of them was across the creek we sit in the truck and waited for them to get treed so we drove back around and they were showing treed on the Garmin but no barking we didn't hear nothing we walk 756 yards to them and they either kill the coon on the creek out in the water or got to cold to move. So we call them across and went home wondering what happen.

Old Post 01-24-2016 11:16 PM
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

How old is Fly?

Old Post 01-25-2016 12:31 AM
BigContry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigContry Click here to Send BigContry a Private Message Click Here to Email BigContry Find more posts by BigContry Add BigContry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

Fly is 10 mts. Old.
If I can get her some coons out this week and see how she do after that you will see her on my leash in Amite club hunt. She is surprising me on every hunt. I don't hunt much on Sunday but when this game get close to the end. We are going to the woods.

Old Post 01-25-2016 01:32 AM
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

winter classic

Hunted in some good spots couldn't pull it off we scored on 5 coons. I should have done better. All the dogs done good some split teeing. Some striking Ann for there dogs 40 yards off and wouldn't own up to it so end up splitting 62 1/2 and not paying attention to my dog making sure I didn't get minus and let the other two tree ahead of me so I treed for 25. Now this is were it get bad!!. We cut loose dog strike in under the min. Judge minus dog for babbling. Ann struck 2 and treed 1 alone , 3 min. Gone Ann sounds like she move right handed I minus her myself and it get quite for a few second now she has company. Ann comes right back on the tree and now the dog that left out babbling comes back in to her and one other dog is there. 5 minutes is up we go into the tree two dog start at each other and I'm shinning the light on them and I scream it's the black dog and the walker dog. Handle the dogs up and no one saw what happens, so we shine the tree coon found. No one seen nothing they heard it but didn't see. Next tree black dog treed alone no coon tree circle end of

Old Post 01-30-2016 06:06 AM
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

winter classic

Ann got a cast win on sat. We didn't get to cut loose but twice she treed the only coon on the cast alone. All dogs struck in together but dogs treed all over the woods. I enjoyed the hunt and all that came with it .

Old Post 01-31-2016 07:03 PM
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

winter classic

Ann got a cast win on sat. We didn't get to cut loose but twice she treed the only coon on the cast alone. All dogs struck in together but dogs treed all over the woods. I enjoyed the hunt and all that came with it .

Congrats to all that won their cast and those who hunted and was able to get there hounds back after a long weekend.

Old Post 01-31-2016 07:04 PM
Jared Lawrason
UKC Forum Member

Congrats on your win!

GRNITECH PKC CH Lawrason's Blue Elle(9/25/01-6/25/10)
GRNITECH PKC CH Owl Creek Barbara Jean(9/15/07-11/15/19)
GRNITECH CH Muddy Creek Spikes Crow(B&D's Spike x Barbara Jean)
GRNITECH GRCH Vining Nail(6/20/10-3/6/21)
NITECH CH Johnson's Blue Widdle (GRCH GRNITECH Hollycreeks Treetalkin Smokey x NITECH GRCH Holly Creeks Treeslammin Katie)
NITECH Code Blue Sue (Bocephus x Barbara Jean)

Old Post 02-02-2016 06:22 AM
Jared Lawrason is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jared Lawrason Click here to Send Jared Lawrason a Private Message Click Here to Email Jared Lawrason Find more posts by Jared Lawrason Add Jared Lawrason to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

It's always nice to enjoy the hunt. Glad Ann made you proud.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Old Post 02-02-2016 01:50 PM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

road trip

Took a flight to Detroit on Monday and drove back home. First time in northern and drove back through the some of the prettiest country. I was so glad the weather was not bad at the same time wanted to see all the snow covering the big cornfields and open country. Made a few calls to some of the hunters offering pup's ride to the south but no one was in need . Only got a chance to hunt one night since a got home but will try to hunt tonight over at Amite rqe. Hunt tonight. Hunted fly and ann with a buddy of mine look at one coon and one slick tree and a den. Fly didn't jump on the tree at all. I was more happy that my buddy young dog treed a few possum and fly didn't bark on any of them. She hasn't treed any by her self yet but she keep improving with every hunt.

Old Post 02-06-2016 06:15 PM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Glad you made it home and got to the woods. I would enjoy seeing Ann on a few coon. I know she is special to you. I do plan on attending the national blue hunt in Batesville. We could possibly draw together with Ann & Irene as nt ch, lucky for those fellas packing Gr nt's.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Old Post 02-06-2016 07:22 PM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

boss light

Big Thanks and greatly appreciate customer
I had a old boss light that gave me some problems so last year I decided to buy me another light and I shop around before I settled on another boss light Hotspot. While I talking to them about my old light they told me to send it in and I never got around to do so. I brought it with me up to the winter classic and found the both and they look it over and left it with them to repair. Well today I walk through my door and they ship me another light with new bump cap and they ate the shipping cost.

Long as I'm coon hunting and their in business I'll have a boss light on my head and bluebog, on my leash.

Old Post 02-09-2016 10:37 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BOSS LIGHT

I love customer service like that Sleepy. Hope all is good over your way. Haven't seen any post lately of how the hunting's been so I figured you might have got side tracked with Mardi Gras Parades or eating to many boiled crawfish, lol! Give me a shout sometime I need to hear a good story while I'm laid up. Take Care.

Old Post 02-18-2016 12:23 AM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

btt

Btt

Old Post 02-26-2016 02:19 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

REDSTICK ACE

This is a picture of Redstick Ace owned by Sleepy. Looks like you got him looking up Sleepy! I am having trouble posting videos right now because of Photobucket but when it gets fixed I will post it for you if you want. His head looks just like his daddy, Bo. I got a video of his littermate brother, Boogie, the other night. He's been treeing cats and drags for a while. His mouth is really coming out just like the rest of them are. Sounding better all the time. When he gets ready just put him in the woods with Ann and I think he will make us both proud. Take Care.

Old Post 03-02-2016 12:03 AM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

Ann

Hunted ann on last Friday night got a win towards grand needs one more. She done a very good job on two coons. I love hunting her with the deep and alone dog, after her first coon deep alone dog got treed soon as we found our coon. But was able to cut lose before I got locked leash and she struck back in 5 yards from the tree and treed in less than 20 yards from the first tree, we walk to the other dog found their coon and came back to ann and found her coon. When she is on its like that all night if you don't call time out and move. Hard to beat when coons are in the area.

Old Post 03-07-2016 06:44 PM