UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Redbones > Foundation/Brood Females
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

And here is that Boone x Rhonda female on her first solo hunt. Just look at that "Foundation". How many of them have been or are on the Top Reproducers List. I wonder who I can breed her to?

..........................Rabble
...............Haze
..........................Bomber's Red Wire
........Boone
.........................CD
...............Reba
.........................Pepper Ann
Wanda
..........................B III
................Pigeon River Jim
...........................Heidi
..........Rhonda
.........................Haze
................Wendy
..........................Willow

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-20-2019 06:04 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Here is Sally, a 5 mos old female out of Bella. Having the right "foundation" pays off. And being a little pup can have its advantages.

Old Post 01-14-2020 01:25 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Rhonda should come in heat anytime now. She is actually running late. Who should I breed her to?

.....................Gr Nt Rabble
..............Gr Nt Moose
......................Gr Nt Sally
.......Banks
.......................Gr Nt Boone
.............Gr Nt Fancy
.......................Gr Nt Toadie
Pups
........................Gr Nt B III
..............Gr Nt Pigeon River Jim
.........................Nt Ch Heidi
........Nt Ch Rhonda
.......................Gr Nt Haze
..............Gr Nt Wendy
.......................Gr Nt Willow

Old Post 02-17-2020 03:01 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Or maybe.....

..............Gr Nt Rocky
........Crosscountry Trump
...pups
...............Gr Nt Pigeon River Jim
........Nt Ch Rhonda
...............Gr Nt Wendy

Old Post 02-17-2020 03:07 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Photobucket has all of my pics and won't let go of them. But here is my next Foundation female She is one of those "naturals" that you hear people talking about.
..L's Bella
.........L's Wilma
...............L's Wendy
.......................River Ridge Willow
...............................Long Tall Sally
........................................L's Sweetie
................................................Hard Up Rose

And here is Wilma, Wendy, Willow, Sally... Can you see the family resemblance?

Ere i
Oh my goodness, here is a 6 mos old pup from Bella's first litter. She has only been hunted all by herself.

Old Post 02-24-2020 04:20 AM
Pastor Mike
UKC Forum Member

This would be my first choice of the two then the trump cross. Of course I don’t know traits that banks has but I like the set up with the dogs behind him a little better.

quote:
Rhonda should come in heat anytime now. She is actually running late. Who should I breed her to?

.....................Gr Nt Rabble
..............Gr Nt Moose
......................Gr Nt Sally
.......Banks
.......................Gr Nt Boone
.............Gr Nt Fancy
.......................Gr Nt Toadie
Pups
........................Gr Nt B III
..............Gr Nt Pigeon River Jim
.........................Nt Ch Heidi
........Nt Ch Rhonda
.......................Gr Nt Haze
.......................Gr Nt Willow

GRNTCH GRCH 'PR' Soggy Bottom The Frog Dawg (current reproducers list)
NTCH CH Soggy Bottom The Bull Dawg
Soggy Bottom T-Top Miss Dottie
RIP
GRNTCH GRCH Soggy Bottom T-Top Haze HTX (Former#1 Reproducer)
CH Soggy Bottom T-Top Stella
GRNTCH GRCH Soggy Bottom T-Top Shadow
NTCH CH Soggy Bottom Bomber's Red Wire (Pigeon- former #1 Reproducer)
NTCH GRCH Red Cedar T-Top Lexus
CH Soggy Bottom T-Top Locket

Mike Laster
540-392-2441
pastorlaster@aol.com

Old Post 02-24-2020 04:32 PM
Pastor Mike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pastor Mike Click here to Send Pastor Mike a Private Message Click Here to Email Pastor Mike Find more posts by Pastor Mike Add Pastor Mike to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Banks x Rhonda would be double Haze, double Sally and 3 times Rabble with a shot of BIII, CD, Nighty Nite Pepper Ann and Moonlight Kate. What is there not to like?

Old Post 02-25-2020 12:42 AM
Pastor Mike
UKC Forum Member

I would take a female from banks/Rhonda and cross back to Trump at some point. With Banks/Rhonda the line breeding is in the right spots in the pedigree to limit traits from being lost through outcrossing. The hope is you get a majority number of pups that are dominant in ability and traits we want to preserve.

quote:
Banks x Rhonda would be double Haze, double Sally and 3 times Rabble with a shot of BIII, CD, Nighty Nite Pepper Ann and Moonlight Kate. What is there not to like?

RIP

Mike Laster
540-392-2441
pastorlaster@aol.com

Old Post 02-25-2020 08:32 PM
Pastor Mike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pastor Mike Click here to Send Pastor Mike a Private Message Click Here to Email Pastor Mike Find more posts by Pastor Mike Add Pastor Mike to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

You have a good eye P Mike. Fancy was a complete outcross. So I linebred her back to Moose to get Banks.

Wendy was linebred so I outcrossed her to Jim and got Rhonda.

Since Rhonda is an outcross, I can now linebreed her to Banks.

Now that doesn't take into account the traits. Banks and Rhonda both have the mouth, hunt, independence, tree and brains that everyone seems to be looking for these days.

Old Post 02-26-2020 02:14 AM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

But on the other hand, breeding Rhonda to Trump would be a half brother/sister cross. They are both out of my Million Dollar Momma. I can't go wrong there. I shouldn't even have to explain this no brainer.

Old Post 02-26-2020 02:24 AM
Pastor Mike
UKC Forum Member

When and if you cross Rhonda to trump, what you want from that is the uniformity of those solid good traits. Half brother/sister crosses IMO won’t necessarily give you world beater dogs but will give top notch dogs that will carry AND reproduce the traits that you want to be dominant. The litter will typically be consistent. Those crosses are meant to carry on a line and will keep people in good dogs for a long time. I like your plans Richard, it’s a plan for success. 👍

quote:
But on the other hand, breeding Rhonda to Trump would be a half brother/sister cross. They are both out of my Million Dollar Momma. I can't go wrong there. I shouldn't even have to explain this no brainer.

RIP

Mike Laster
540-392-2441
pastorlaster@aol.com

Old Post 02-26-2020 11:14 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Let's see.....Rhonda, Trump, Wendy, Rocky, Pigeon River Jim, Haze, Willow, BIII, Rabble... I will take those traits any day. I wonder if any foundation females would come from such a cross? At 71 years old, I have about quit making crosses for myself. I now make them for others.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 02-27-2020 at 12:39 AM

Old Post 02-27-2020 12:35 AM
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

Will have to say you look good for 71 Brother Richard!!! Keep doing you my friend!!

Old Post 02-27-2020 01:23 AM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, I got a text from Shannon Walter's last night saying that his 6 mos old pup out of Bella treed 2 wild coons all by herself. He named her Little Sally. That is very fitting. I can remember when Sally first started many years ago. My memory is pitiful now and I have forgotten a lot but I still remember Sally's first coon. I knew that she was going to be something special from that night on. I also remember Wilma's first coon. I even have a picture of it. I had the same feeling with her.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 03-06-2020 at 12:50 PM

Old Post 03-06-2020 12:46 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

They say that a watched pot never boils but that isn't true. The pot that I have been watching and checking for 6 weeks finally started boiling/bleeding today. But now I have come up with 2 more choices, Ranger and Buck. It is decision time.

Old Post 03-21-2020 06:40 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, it is up to eight generations now. What a foundation. I am going to have to get a bigger frame....

Moon
...Bella
......Wilma
..........Wendy
..............Willow
...................Sally
.......................Sweetie
............................Rose

Moon

Bella

Sally, Willow, Wendy, Wilma

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 04-28-2020 at 04:30 PM

Old Post 04-27-2020 05:06 AM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Unhappy

Oh my goodness, Is that a baby bump?

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 05-13-2020 at 05:38 PM

Old Post 05-13-2020 05:35 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Which one is the next foundation female?...

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 06-07-2020 at 05:04 PM

Old Post 06-07-2020 02:33 PM
BLAKE WHEELER
UKC Forum Member

O my goodness, a pool full of puppies. Are they treeing yet or just lightly started?

Old Post 06-08-2020 06:14 PM
BLAKE WHEELER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BLAKE WHEELER Click here to Send BLAKE WHEELER a Private Message Click Here to Email BLAKE WHEELER Find more posts by BLAKE WHEELER Add BLAKE WHEELER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I heard one treed last night but by the time I got to him He was milling around.

Old Post 06-09-2020 05:31 AM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Here they are Blake. I told you They would tree.

spongebob fish with balls

Old Post 06-16-2020 01:49 AM
BLAKE WHEELER
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Here they are Blake. I told you They would tree.

spongebob fish with balls

I guess you could say treed with the meat lol

Old Post 06-18-2020 06:34 PM
BLAKE WHEELER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BLAKE WHEELER Click here to Send BLAKE WHEELER a Private Message Click Here to Email BLAKE WHEELER Find more posts by BLAKE WHEELER Add BLAKE WHEELER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

And they did it all by scent since their eyes aren't open yet.

Old Post 06-18-2020 08:48 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, Bella started bleeding today. It looks like Autumn Oaks and National Redbone Days is out for me.

Old Post 08-07-2020 06:13 PM