UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > The problem with coon clubs
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Ptmike
UKC Forum Member

The problem with coon clubs

The problem with coon clubs in todays world. I not going to say the name of the club but this club had several ads out saying great prize package for show and hunt winners​ trying to draw more people and this is big club they could afford to do so.the club was a joke they give away cheap dog food your dogs want even eat. What rip off. If clubs want grow give away good prizes. They flat out lie to people !!!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-23-2018 11:59 PM
Ptmike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ptmike Find more posts by Ptmike Add Ptmike to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ashley Pratt
UKC Forum Member

Not to be sarcastic but most people are just there to title a dog. If ya wanna hunt for a prize there’s slam hunts or other registries that hunt for money. I guess to me I don’t expect a club to give me anything but a fair judge and a safe place for my dog to hunt. I can buy my own dog food.

Old Post 05-24-2018 12:27 AM
Ashley Pratt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ashley Pratt Click here to Send Ashley Pratt a Private Message Click Here to Email Ashley Pratt Find more posts by Ashley Pratt Add Ashley Pratt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rudedog
UKC Forum Member

join that club i bet they would let you take charge of getting the prizes for the next hunt.just saying;;;;;

Old Post 05-24-2018 01:06 AM
rudedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rudedog Click here to Send rudedog a Private Message Find more posts by rudedog Add rudedog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ashley Pratt
UKC Forum Member

By the way. Maybe most of those prizes were donated so maybe try being a little more considerate.

Old Post 05-24-2018 02:10 AM
Ashley Pratt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ashley Pratt Click here to Send Ashley Pratt a Private Message Click Here to Email Ashley Pratt Find more posts by Ashley Pratt Add Ashley Pratt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blaze2014
Banned

So the problem is they don't give enough prizes? They lie? Or just don't give out what you want?

Old Post 05-24-2018 02:36 AM
Blaze2014 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blaze2014 Click here to Send Blaze2014 a Private Message Find more posts by Blaze2014 Add Blaze2014 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rghnd123
UKC Forum Member

Donation

I bet they will let you donate any type of prize you would like. When you say big club, how many paying members does said club have?

Old Post 05-24-2018 02:45 AM
rghnd123 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rghnd123 Click here to Send rghnd123 a Private Message Click Here to Email rghnd123 Visit rghnd123's homepage! Find more posts by rghnd123 Add rghnd123 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ptmike
UKC Forum Member

People Hunting gr nite dogs are not there for a title. Yes the club lie they run several ads saying great prize package for show and hunt winners then give away cheap trash dog food nice prize package means high quality dog food, leashes ,show benches, trophies, nice light added purse !!!!!! I understand small clubs can't do that but this is not a small club. The whole thing that got me was the fake ad about the prizes. And people wonder why hunt and show numbers are down .I like trophies and prizes. And good food at club house they had good food they made enough off that n two days to give away some thing nice !!!!!!!

Last edited by Ptmike on 05-24-2018 at 05:26 AM

Old Post 05-24-2018 05:21 AM
Ptmike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ptmike Find more posts by Ptmike Add Ptmike to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rghnd123
UKC Forum Member

?

Did you join the club and pay membership fees?

Old Post 05-24-2018 11:09 AM
rghnd123 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rghnd123 Click here to Send rghnd123 a Private Message Click Here to Email rghnd123 Visit rghnd123's homepage! Find more posts by rghnd123 Add rghnd123 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ricochet17
UKC Forum Member

Did you get a participation trophy while you were there?

Old Post 05-24-2018 12:03 PM
Ricochet17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ricochet17 Click here to Send Ricochet17 a Private Message Find more posts by Ricochet17 Add Ricochet17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

All you have to do is click on the search button at the bottom of Mr Ptmike's posts.

Old Post 05-24-2018 02:47 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pttm08
UKC Forum Member

I wonder how many hunts/ shows they have not complained about. If you do not like them or think there is a problem, jump on board and fix it. Join a club volunteer your time to make it great.

"If you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem. "

Home of

PR CH Big Blue Buster HTX
PR CH Angle Plantation's Red Jasper

Let's get Ticked

Old Post 05-24-2018 02:56 PM
pttm08 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pttm08 Click here to Send pttm08 a Private Message Click Here to Email pttm08 Find more posts by pttm08 Add pttm08 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

Coon hunting clubs have 2 problems, problem #1 is the coon hunters themselves, problem # 2 is the coon hunters themselves. JMHO

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Old Post 05-25-2018 05:34 AM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen Rogers
UKC Forum Member

I like the way you think Chuck, you hit the nail on the head

Old Post 05-26-2018 01:10 PM
Allen Rogers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen Rogers Click here to Send Allen Rogers a Private Message Find more posts by Allen Rogers Add Allen Rogers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cory Highfill
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
All you have to do is click on the search button at the bottom of Mr Ptmike's posts.

LOL! Lots of positive posts full of insight and encouragement. Probably a real fun guy to hunt with...

Old Post 05-26-2018 01:54 PM
Cory Highfill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cory Highfill Click here to Send Cory Highfill a Private Message Click Here to Email Cory Highfill Find more posts by Cory Highfill Add Cory Highfill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike shannon
UKC Forum Member

Sounds like someone didn't win.

NITECH CH HTX PR SHANNON'S HILLBILLY CHIEF 6 CAST WINS
PR SHANNON’S HILLBILLY LUCIE
PR SHANNON’S HILLBILLY MAXIE

If you can read this thank a TEACHER
If you can read this in English, thank a VETERAN

www.freewebs.com/shannonshowmekennels

United States Army Retired

Old Post 05-26-2018 02:06 PM
mike shannon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike shannon Click here to Send mike shannon a Private Message Click Here to Email mike shannon Find more posts by mike shannon Add mike shannon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mackeyhill paul
UKC Forum Member

club prizes <<<???

Are you a club member ? do you help and get things going in a club ? These days just be thankful there are a handful of members to keep things going !
NO PITY FOR THOSE WHO SIT BACK AND COMPLAIN AND DO NOTHING TO HELP !

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e25/rooderski/067.jpg

Old Post 05-26-2018 02:52 PM
mackeyhill paul is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mackeyhill paul Click here to Send mackeyhill paul a Private Message Click Here to Email mackeyhill paul Find more posts by mackeyhill paul Add mackeyhill paul to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mackeyhill paul
UKC Forum Member

club prizes <<<???

Are you a club member ? do you help and get things going in a club ? These days just be thankful there are a handful of members to keep things going !
NO PITY FOR THOSE WHO SIT BACK AND COMPLAIN AND DO NOTHING TO HELP !

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e25/rooderski/067.jpg

Old Post 05-26-2018 02:52 PM
mackeyhill paul is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mackeyhill paul Click here to Send mackeyhill paul a Private Message Click Here to Email mackeyhill paul Find more posts by mackeyhill paul Add mackeyhill paul to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ptmike
UKC Forum Member

No I did win so y'all must think it's okay for a club to run a big fake ad stating great prizes and people drive long distances and come there and then get a piece of crap bag of dog food ya'll must think it's okay to lie

Old Post 05-26-2018 06:31 PM
mike shannon
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ptmike
No I did win so y'all must think it's okay for a club to run a big fake ad stating great prizes and people drive long distances and come there and then get a piece of crap bag of dog food ya'll must think it's okay to lie

What was the big prizes given away. Not every prize is a grand prize. Was you there for the prize or a win on your dog? You should be thanking the club NOT bashing them. Here is an idea. You go and get all the prizes but NO cheap or crappy ones and host a hunt.

Old Post 05-26-2018 07:25 PM
mike shannon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike shannon Click here to Send mike shannon a Private Message Click Here to Email mike shannon Find more posts by mike shannon Add mike shannon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ptmike
UKC Forum Member

I was there for the prize package dog is dual gr. Still no one has answered my question how is it right to run several ads stating great prize package for winners every one come on out and then there is no prize package u get bag cheap dog food. Is it right to lie

Old Post 05-26-2018 07:43 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Y'all might be being a little ruff on the guy I went to a hunt one time that advertised a bunch of big prizes they had a low turn out so they decided to save them for the next time I won and all I got was one of those battery operated talking fish !!! I would have traded it for a bag of cheap dog food they had some but wouldn't trade lol.

Tar

Old Post 05-26-2018 07:46 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike shannon
UKC Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by yadkintar
[B]Y'all might be being a little ruff on the guy I went to a hunt one time that advertised a bunch of big prizes they had a low turn out so they decided to save them for the next time I won and all I got was one of those battery operated talking fish !!! I would have traded it for a bag of cheap dog food they had some but wouldn't trade lol.

You have better luck than i do lol

Old Post 05-26-2018 07:48 PM
Blaze2014
Banned

Maybe next time they will give out tissue when you pay entry.

Old Post 05-26-2018 07:53 PM
Blaze2014 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blaze2014 Click here to Send Blaze2014 a Private Message Find more posts by Blaze2014 Add Blaze2014 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I usually get beat so I don't have to worry about it lol. I could be in a 1 dog hunt and loose.

Tar

Old Post 05-26-2018 08:04 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blue blue
UKC Forum Member

Politicians

Never lie and neither should coon clubs!!!!!!🤥🤥🤥🤥🤥

Old Post 05-26-2018 08:13 PM
blue blue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blue blue Click here to Send blue blue a Private Message Click Here to Email blue blue Find more posts by blue blue Add blue blue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote