UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Delay of Cast Question
Request Delay of Cast clock to remain ON HOLD until handler has GPS system in hand.
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Granted. 10 8.20%
Denied. 96 78.69%
Majority of cast decision. 16 13.11%
Total: 122 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Allen / UKC
Administrator

Delay of Cast Question

During the hunt the dogs get scattered out and you have dogs trailing out of hearing in opposite directions. The majority of the cast votes to call time out and gather up the dogs. The cast agrees that their meeting place will be at the truck, which is several hundred yards from where the cast was in the woods when time out was called.

One handler asks to hold off starting the one-hour "delay of cast" clock until he has his tracking system in-hand, which is in his truck at the road (300 yards away).

You're the judge.

A. Request granted.
B. Request denied.
C. Majority of the Cast Decision.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-23-2018 08:07 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I am always wrong on these but. I think you gave it away with your last sentence that stated. "when timeout was called" Timeout is called you have one hour, no matter what is agreed upon afterwards. Someone might have thought about this before time out was called and the group might have figured out how to get back to the trucks with time running and then call timeout.

B

Old Post 05-23-2018 08:38 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blaze2014
Banned

Timeout is timeout.

Old Post 05-23-2018 08:43 PM
Blaze2014 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blaze2014 Click here to Send Blaze2014 a Private Message Find more posts by Blaze2014 Add Blaze2014 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Surveyor
UKC Forum Member

To me, no one is delaying anything until everyone is at the truck and ready to move to another spot, then and only then is there a "delay" in the planned activities of the cast. Permission granted.

2 time world finalist, 10th overall and high scoring Bluetick of the 2010 UKC World Coonhound Championship
NASHOBA VALLEY PIAZON, (RIP)
his littermate brother
UKC NT CH SHEPPARDS NORTHERN
BLUE LONER (RIP)
UKC GR NT CH RATTLERS BLUE SKY (RIP)
UKC Gr NT CH, PKC Ch Sheppard's Northern Blue Abbie, (PiazonxSky) UKC GR NT CH 'pr' Sheppards Northern Blue Punkin (PiazonXAlice) High scoring Bluetick of the 2015 (50th anniversary) Grand American, 2017 National Grand Nite Champion of breed, 2017 BBOA zone 4 Nite hunt dog of the year. Queen of hunt on 2019 Grand National Bluetick Reunion, 5th place and High Scoring Bluetick of 2019 UKC world Nite hunt Championship, 2019 Triple Crown Winner.
UKC GR NT CH 'pr' Mckintosh's Blue Flame Chopper
Gr Nt Ch Sheppards Northern Blue Goomba (Piazon X Dizzie) 14th place 2017 UKC world coon hound championship 100 purina point cast wins in 2018
and several other blueticks of lesser accomplishments

Old Post 05-24-2018 04:14 AM
Surveyor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Surveyor Click here to Send Surveyor a Private Message Click Here to Email Surveyor Find more posts by Surveyor Add Surveyor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

Boy...alot of folks our hard to get along with out here

Old Post 05-24-2018 05:18 AM
ole hoss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ole hoss Click here to Send ole hoss a Private Message Click Here to Email ole hoss Find more posts by ole hoss Add ole hoss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Most people will agree to start the hour once they get to the truck...

Not sure its right... But that's what's gonna happen most of the time.

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 05-24-2018 11:55 AM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I can catch them with the Toyota faster than I can afoot just sayen lol.

Tar

Old Post 05-24-2018 12:03 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ringtail
UKC Forum Member

Re: Delay of Cast Question

quote:
Originally posted by Allen / UKC
......the cast was in the woods when time out was called. ........

For me the answer to the question is answered in the question.

The time started when time out was called... Request denied.

That's my opinion, but I could be wrong (again).

"TREE MY DOG" - NO BETTER FEELING

NAADP Charter Member....... appointed by King Dave himself........

Last edited by ringtail on 05-25-2018 at 02:04 AM

Old Post 05-25-2018 02:00 AM
ringtail is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ringtail Click here to Send ringtail a Private Message Click Here to Email ringtail Find more posts by ringtail Add ringtail to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

Re: Re: Delay of Cast Question

quote:
Originally posted by ringtail
For me the answer to the question is answered in the question.

The time started when time out was called... Request denied.

That's my opinion, but I could be wrong (again).

Dave, you and the rest of the 81% are correct.

Old Post 05-25-2018 02:22 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

Correct Answer:

Rule 6 (f) states dog will be scratched {For delaying completion of cast for one hour after time out has been called during the hunt in accordance with Rule 7.}

Rule 7 gives several situations where time out may be called. After time out has been called; Rule 6(f) kicks in.

The key word in 6(f) is: one hour "AFTER" time out has been called. This rule comes with no provisions or exceptions for a cast vote or otherwise. The rule takes care of all that.

So, the clock starts immediately after time out has been called, no matter what. In other words, the cast will continue on with the hunt no more than one hour later. And anyone not back in the boat to continue on with the hunt by that time, is done for the day.

Old Post 05-25-2018 02:49 PM
yadkintar
Banned

But , but that means I would miss happy hour at sonic a banana malt midways in the cast ain't bad 🍨🍨🍨🍨

Tar

Old Post 05-25-2018 03:02 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Surveyor
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Allen / UKC
Correct Answer:

Rule 6 (f) states dog will be scratched {For delaying completion of cast for one hour after time out has been called during the hunt in accordance with Rule 7.}

Rule 7 gives several situations where time out may be called. After time out has been called; Rule 6(f) kicks in.

The key word in 6(f) is: one hour "AFTER" time out has been called. This rule comes with no provisions or exceptions for a cast vote or otherwise. The rule takes care of all that.

So, the clock starts immediately after time out has been called, no matter what. In other words, the cast will continue on with the hunt no more than one hour later. And anyone not back in the boat to continue on with the hunt by that time, is done for the day.

So this isn't really a delay of cast rule at all, it is a dog under control rule? I mean no one was delayed a second from their planned completion of the cast until they reached the truck, assuming the plan was to move to another spot. I was in a situation once where we caught 3 dogs, called time and started the hour on the 4th dog (mine) immedietly, When I fired up the garmin I saw she was behind the trucks, which were a long way from us. We were way back in hilly cut over timber and made a big loop to avoid tree tops back to the trucks. It took us 30-40 minutes to get back to the trucks, so at that point I only had 20-30 minutes to catch her, even though she really hadn't delayed anybody any time before we got to the trucks. Fortunately I did get her caught and back in time, but lets play what if-what if, when time is called and the hour started, the cast gets in a total mess or gets lost going back to the trucks and it takes them over an hour to get to the trucks, upon arrival they find the missing dog sitting on the tailgate. He is then scratched for not being under control for an hour? He sure didn't delay the completion of the cast!

2 time world finalist, 10th overall and high scoring Bluetick of the 2010 UKC World Coonhound Championship
NASHOBA VALLEY PIAZON, (RIP)
his littermate brother
UKC NT CH SHEPPARDS NORTHERN
BLUE LONER (RIP)
UKC GR NT CH RATTLERS BLUE SKY (RIP)
UKC Gr NT CH, PKC Ch Sheppard's Northern Blue Abbie, (PiazonxSky) UKC GR NT CH 'pr' Sheppards Northern Blue Punkin (PiazonXAlice) High scoring Bluetick of the 2015 (50th anniversary) Grand American, 2017 National Grand Nite Champion of breed, 2017 BBOA zone 4 Nite hunt dog of the year. Queen of hunt on 2019 Grand National Bluetick Reunion, 5th place and High Scoring Bluetick of 2019 UKC world Nite hunt Championship, 2019 Triple Crown Winner.
UKC GR NT CH 'pr' Mckintosh's Blue Flame Chopper
Gr Nt Ch Sheppards Northern Blue Goomba (Piazon X Dizzie) 14th place 2017 UKC world coon hound championship 100 purina point cast wins in 2018
and several other blueticks of lesser accomplishments

Old Post 05-29-2018 04:55 PM
Surveyor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Surveyor Click here to Send Surveyor a Private Message Click Here to Email Surveyor Find more posts by Surveyor Add Surveyor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote