UKC Forums UKC Front Page :: Field Operations :: Show Operations :: Registration :: UKC Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Rules Question-Scenario
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Rules Question-Scenario

4 Dog Cast, Dogs A,B,C,D struck in that order. Dog D is declared treed at about 550 yards straight in from the cast. Handler of Dog A hears his dog treeing 450 yds. right handed from Dog D, and deep. Deep to the point that Dog A is a little hard to hear. Judge (handler of dog B) declares his dog treed second. Handler of Dog A questions the judge as to which direction is he treeing his dog. Judge replies, I don't know, with my hearing aids, I cannot tell direction, but I can tell you I hear him treeing. After listening closely, Handler of dog A can tell that dog B is more in the direction of Dog B, than it is with Dog D, but handler of Dog B still will not commit a direction his dog is in, but not sure anybody else can tell, since the sound was echoing off the hillsides, so handler of dog A, called his dog treed split from Dog D. Now I know that dog A goes in for 125 on this tree since it was declared split from Dog D, and obviously was split from dog D, but what happens if/when arriving at Dog A's tree, Dog B is found to be treeing with dog A??

It was a mute point since no coon was seen but was wondering how Dog A should have been scored on this tree.

Thanks for any help!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Hang'em High Holly
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Rockets Top Gun.
Gr.Nt.Ch.Hooper Ridge Rocket
Gr.Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Dolly
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy
HOOPER RIDGE ENGLISH-POUND FOR POUND THEY ARE ONE TOUGH HOUND!!!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-26-2018 04:08 PM
Rocketman55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocketman55 Click here to Send Rocketman55 a Private Message Click Here to Email Rocketman55 Find more posts by Rocketman55 Add Rocketman55 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

well

well why would anyone split tree when its so hard to tell from that distance !! how does anyone know one dog is 400yrds from the other !! without using garmin !! cant use garmin in a scoring situation!!dogs never shut up and ya split tree a dog!! my opinion it better be split !! kinda stupid to split in those hollers unless one dog is on top and one at the bottom !!jmo

Old Post 05-26-2018 04:29 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

yep

to much garmin use in the hunts !! creates probs !! I have seen it !!

Old Post 05-26-2018 04:31 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

You cannot put dog B on the card unless you say where it is. Without knowing where the dog is, how can you know to card it for 125 being alone or 75 for covering? And if in for 75, covering which dog? Because if you dont say which dog it covers, it can cover both without penalty. When it is all said and done, you have to say where the dog is before it can go on the card.

AKC/UKC NtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jeff 5/2/2000 to 1/22/2012 R.I.P.
AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 05-26-2018 04:46 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote