UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Another stationary call
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

Another stationary call

If a dog is obviously treed with 4 minutes left in hunt but handler does not want to call treed. Can a judge or cast member ask for stationary put on the dog. And what would the scoring scenario be when you go to tree when hunt is over. If he went ahead and treed his dog or if he chose to not tree his dog.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-25-2018 07:02 PM
Ron Jackson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Jackson Click here to Send Ron Jackson a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Jackson Find more posts by Ron Jackson Add Ron Jackson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

If there is less than 5 minutes left no stationary can be applied. This renders your other questions moot.

Old Post 05-25-2018 07:14 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

Thank you sir.

Old Post 05-25-2018 08:01 PM
Ron Jackson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Jackson Click here to Send Ron Jackson a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Jackson Find more posts by Ron Jackson Add Ron Jackson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blaine Stout
UKC Forum Member

I understand that stationary cant be applied when there is not enough hunt time left. But i feel this is flawed if the 5 still continues to run on a dog treed or walking in after hunt time expires you can still start the 2 on a dog if it quits treeing than you should be able to start the stationary on a dog up till the last few seconds of hunt time. Then you should have to wait that 5 minutes if not treed and found to be treed they should be scratched. If you dont have enough faith in your dog to call it for whats its doing then you shouldnt be at the hunt! Just my opinion though

Hounds that reside at Cedar Creek Ranch

WALKERS
Ch Grnitech Cedar Creek Paco

ENGLISH
Grch Blackfords C'mon Eileen
Nitech Wanna be a Lunatic

R.I.P
Nitech Cedar Creek Timbers Blu Junior

Last edited by Blaine Stout on 05-27-2018 at 04:18 PM

Old Post 05-27-2018 04:15 PM
Blaine Stout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blaine Stout Click here to Send Blaine Stout a Private Message Click Here to Email Blaine Stout Find more posts by Blaine Stout Add Blaine Stout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
[i]...... If you dont have enough faith in your dog to call it for whats its doing then you shouldnt be at the hunt! Just my opinion though.... [/B]

Oh my goodness..... In a comp hunt, you should beat another dog by treeing more coons, not by looking for ways to minus the other dogs. But that is just my opinion. Everyone has their own opinion and the right to express it. But we just have to go by UKC's official opinion because that is the one that counts.

Old Post 05-27-2018 04:43 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blaine Stout
UKC Forum Member

I agree with you Rich. I dont want to win the cast by sratching other people out of it. I just want people to quit sandbagging on calling their dogs. When they strike strike them when they tree tree them regardless of how much time is left in the hunt. If your not going to call your dog theb you should be scratched regardless of first 10 minutes of hunt or last 3 minutes of hunt. I also feel we should be honest with minus and circle points. But it dont always happen.

Hounds that reside at Cedar Creek Ranch

WALKERS
Ch Grnitech Cedar Creek Paco

ENGLISH
Grch Blackfords C'mon Eileen
Nitech Wanna be a Lunatic

R.I.P
Nitech Cedar Creek Timbers Blu Junior

Old Post 05-27-2018 04:57 PM
Blaine Stout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blaine Stout Click here to Send Blaine Stout a Private Message Click Here to Email Blaine Stout Find more posts by Blaine Stout Add Blaine Stout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

It's a game part of the game is the dog and part is handling. There's times you tree you're dog before he's got his locate out and there's times you want to set back.

Old Post 05-27-2018 06:55 PM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

It is a team sport. There are good dogs and there are good handlers. When you have a good dog and a good handler teamed up together, they are hard to beat.
Oh my goodness, I almost forgot about the owner. He can be an important part of the team also.

Old Post 05-27-2018 09:03 PM
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Blaine Stout
. If you dont have enough faith in your dog to call it for whats its doing then you shouldnt be at the hunt! Just my opinion though

Half the people in a cast don't even know what their dog is doing to call it anyways

Old Post 05-28-2018 12:59 AM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Michaelis
Half the people in a cast don't even know what their dog is doing to call it anyways
yea it is bad when you know a mans dog better than he does in a 2 hour hunt.lol to much looking art the garmin in hand not using ears.lol if i beat you by not treeing my dog with the last 4 ticking off maybe you should have with drawn and got out of the way in the first hour . lol

Old Post 05-28-2018 03:48 AM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
delta nightlife
UKC Forum Member

Time

There is a time for offense and a time for defense ,If I知 winning the cast with less than 5 left I知 not gonna tree em , I知 gonna let the time run out and call em in

Old Post 05-28-2018 03:29 PM
delta nightlife is offline Click Here to See the Profile for delta nightlife Click here to Send delta nightlife a Private Message Click Here to Email delta nightlife Find more posts by delta nightlife Add delta nightlife to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

Re: Time

quote:
Originally posted by delta nightlife
There is a time for offense and a time for defense ,If I知 winning the cast with less than 5 left I知 not gonna tree em , I知 gonna let the time run out and call em in

Strictly depends on what hunt I'm at. If all I need is a cast win then I'm doing the same thing, if I need as big of a score as I can get I'm treeing him and we will see what happens.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 05-28-2018 04:46 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Time

quote:
Originally posted by joey
Strictly depends on what hunt I'm at. If all I need is a cast win then I'm doing the same thing, if I need as big of a score as I can get I'm treeing him and we will see what happens.
Yep. Sometimes you punt, sometimes you go for it on 4th down.

Old Post 05-28-2018 08:33 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, are y'all saying that strategy is involved in comp coonhunting?

Old Post 05-28-2018 10:03 PM
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Oh my goodness, are y'all saying that strategy is involved in comp coonhunting?
some us dont have those barn burner type . just average dogs that occasionally give us a shot at winning if we dont mess it up for them .lol

Old Post 05-28-2018 11:02 PM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

You are in a Super Slam and you are winning the cast. The split would be $700. 3 min. left in the hunt you have first strike and your dog is the only one treeing. You tree your dog, tree is slick you loose the cast. Of course if your dog is 100% all the time go ahead, I have never been lucky enough to have one that never misses and my luck this would be the time.

Old Post 05-29-2018 01:45 AM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote