UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Welping Box Bedding???
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
D&L Kennels
UKC Forum Member

Welping Box Bedding???

Just wanted to see what everyone's opinion is on bedding for a Welping Box!!!Thanks in Advance

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-23-2017 03:07 AM
D&L Kennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for D&L Kennels Click here to Send D&L Kennels a Private Message Click Here to Email D&L Kennels Find more posts by D&L Kennels Add D&L Kennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DFred
UKC Forum Member

If anything just old carpet or thick rubber mat.

Old Post 06-23-2017 03:40 AM
DFred is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DFred Click here to Send DFred a Private Message Find more posts by DFred Add DFred to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JORDAN LINGLE
UKC Forum Member

I like a wool blanket. It absorbs and wicks away moister better than cotton or polyester. I use shavings in all my older dogs houses but some say shavings can choke or suffocate the little pups, so I have never used them while whelping a litter for that reason. I have heard some say to use newspapers but it seems to me like that could be a choking or suffocation hazard also? A cheap dog bed from a pet store might do well? However I still say a wool blanket is about the best because of it's wicking ability and ease of cleaning. If you do use a wool blanket or any blanket just make sure it is held down around the edges by something so that there is no way a pup could become trapped in between or underneath it. Something else I've done that might help you is I put a piece of cardboard under the blanket. This will help to keep the house clean without washing it out every day. Every time I wash the blanket I just pull the old cardboard out and replaced it with a new one. By doing so you not only keep the house cleaner but you will also reduce the amount of flies and insects drawn to all the smell and extra fluids associated with the newborn puppies. Hope this helps. Best of luck with your pups.

Old Post 06-23-2017 03:45 AM
JORDAN LINGLE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JORDAN LINGLE Click here to Send JORDAN LINGLE a Private Message Click Here to Email JORDAN LINGLE Find more posts by JORDAN LINGLE Add JORDAN LINGLE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
imacorgimom
UKC Forum Member

Incontinence pads. Cheap, absorbable, and washes like iron for years.

Home to a bunch of short dogs who occasionally allow me the honor of holding the other end of their leads!

Old Post 06-23-2017 01:13 PM
imacorgimom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for imacorgimom Click here to Send imacorgimom a Private Message Click Here to Email imacorgimom Visit imacorgimom's homepage! Find more posts by imacorgimom Add imacorgimom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Nothing. Just the floor of the dog house.

Old Post 06-23-2017 03:55 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote