UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Big Game Hunting > How's this for Bad Luck????
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Gary Roberson
UKC Forum Member

How's this for Bad Luck????

Last week I was lion hunting in the Navajo Nation, trailed a couple of lions but was just way behind and could not catch up before temperatures warmed into the 70's and 80's and winds picked up. Got a call Thursday night (midnight) from a friend that had a report of a lion killing goats about an hour and a half away. My other buddies and I had planned to hunt in the opposite direction as they said they had seen lots of sign there the day before. Since I planned to drive back to Texas after the hunt, I decided not to change my plans.
Long story short, I left the Rez about 9:00 AM on Friday and my buddy went to investigate the lion with the taste for cabrito. I got a text from him when I was about half way home showing photos of a kill and big tracks. I would have turned around but my wife of 41 years was running a fever so I decided to keep heading SE.
My buddy got up early the next morning and walked his dogs into the kill and started the lion and treed it. The tom weighed over 200 pounds and is the largest lion I have ever seen come off the Rez.
How's that for luck?
Adios,
gary

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-20-2017 02:26 PM
Gary Roberson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gary Roberson Click here to Send Gary Roberson a Private Message Click Here to Email Gary Roberson Find more posts by Gary Roberson Add Gary Roberson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thundervalleyoutfitters
UKC Forum Member

Bad Luck???

Gary, If your wife is OK and you get to hunt again, Id say you are lucky.....

Old Post 06-20-2017 05:37 PM
thundervalleyoutfitters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thundervalleyoutfitters Click here to Send thundervalleyoutfitters a Private Message Click Here to Email thundervalleyoutfitters Find more posts by thundervalleyoutfitters Add thundervalleyoutfitters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gary Roberson
UKC Forum Member

She is doing better now that she is on antibiotics. I think that she has Lymes disease as most of us do and every now and then she runs a low grade fever and feels bad.
Adios,
Gary

Old Post 06-20-2017 07:56 PM
Gary Roberson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gary Roberson Click here to Send Gary Roberson a Private Message Click Here to Email Gary Roberson Find more posts by Gary Roberson Add Gary Roberson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote