UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > How About these Leopard Hounds?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Coondog123
UKC Forum Member

How About these Leopard Hounds?

I recently bought a 1.5 yo black and tan colored Leopard hound for a little summer project. He seems right Gamey and tree minded. bred Wicks camo jug x Coat of many colors. anyone had experience raising and training these things, they act different than your average coon hound? Seen any good ones in the woods? lets hear the good, the bad and the ugly.

thanks

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-23-2017 01:08 AM
Coondog123 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coondog123 Click here to Send Coondog123 a Private Message Click Here to Email Coondog123 Find more posts by Coondog123 Add Coondog123 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DFred
UKC Forum Member

I have a pretty decent one out of Coat. Don't see many get comp hunted, at least not like most of the other breeds. I've hunted with several nice ones at Leopard Days over the past few years. The thing I like most about mine, which is not necessarily a good thing for comp hunting, is he don't gamble. He is the most accurate dog I've ever walked behind. When he trees, he has a coon. The thing I least like (actually the only thing I don't like) is that he sometimes will leave if it gets crowded at his tree. He likes and operates best when he's alone. Not a mean bone in him.

Last edited by DFred on 06-23-2017 at 03:02 AM

Old Post 06-23-2017 03:00 AM
DFred is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DFred Click here to Send DFred a Private Message Find more posts by DFred Add DFred to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SRF
UKC Forum Member

leopard dog.

Those are nice dogs, my a$$hole neighbors have a real nice leopard pup that's 4 months old and good looking but they don't do nothing with the dog except leave it on a 5 foot chain it's whole life. Too bad i couldn't get a hold of that pup cause i'd turn him into a good coondog.

My buddy has a one out of the wick's camo jug bloodline. Makes a heck of a coondog and also it's a good watch dog.

I wanna get one of those pups out of the wick's camo jug bloodline for my next pup.

Old Post 06-23-2017 04:13 AM
SRF is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SRF Click here to Send SRF a Private Message Click Here to Email SRF Find more posts by SRF Add SRF to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Yogi33
UKC Forum Member

Re: leopard dog.

Check out my dog Parker on the American Leopard Hound forum. I hunt in Sussex co, if you still live in Suffolk you should bring your dog and hunt sometime.

Old Post 06-23-2017 01:47 PM
Yogi33 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Yogi33 Click here to Send Yogi33 a Private Message Find more posts by Yogi33 Add Yogi33 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coondog123
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: leopard dog.

quote:
Originally posted by Yogi33
Check out my dog Parker on the American Leopard Hound forum. I hunt in Sussex co, if you still live in Suffolk you should bring your dog and hunt sometime.

Casey i watched your video's. MAN that is a impressive tree dog you've got there my friend. i would absolutly love to come up and hunt one night just let me know when you would like to go. my cell # is 678-427-7400. Have you put Parker in any local hunts yet? You are the 3rd person i know in our area now with a Leopard Hound, we could almost put a ALH cast together!

Old Post 06-23-2017 04:51 PM
Coondog123 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coondog123 Click here to Send Coondog123 a Private Message Click Here to Email Coondog123 Find more posts by Coondog123 Add Coondog123 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Yogi33
UKC Forum Member

Sounds good. I'm off next Wednesday and Thursday evenings, we can try to go then if you can. I'll be in touch Tuesday evening if that's alright with you.

Old Post 06-24-2017 03:16 PM
Yogi33 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Yogi33 Click here to Send Yogi33 a Private Message Find more posts by Yogi33 Add Yogi33 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coondog123
UKC Forum Member

yes sir, that sounds great. thanks

Old Post 06-24-2017 05:51 PM