UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Q&A's - Slam Events
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Kenneth Tavares
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Allen / UKC
Sorry KT. I was out Tuesday and have plenty to do other than trolling the forum all day. Sorry, I missed your question. I did check and have no voicemails from you. And... I appreciate those who know the answers to questions asked here and respond accordingly. Thanks Jen.

I left the call back number option for field operations concerning a completely different topic. But, I passed the problem on to someone else that might have a better chance of contacting someone of importance.

I understand we have had one dog cast for years. But, here is the difference. Listen close and think before you reply. Now one dog is hunting alone and competing for equal placement and winnings($$$) as the three dogs. How does one hunt alone and get 50% of the pot that three dogs competing against two other dogs and are only getting 50% of the pot. It’s much easier to tree a coon alone and win a cast than it is to compete against two others and win a cast. Am I the only one that would rather see all hunt together? Everyone would have competition, the local clubs would need one less guide, and one less judge. These small hunts are difficult for clubs. The last two hunts at our club were both minislams and both only had one registered dog. The other dogs were all titled dogs. We were luck that all dogs were able to hunt together. One of our guides is sitting at the clubhouse doing the hunt director(another thing that I disagree with) and two other guides are hunting in the same category. The one dog would not have been able to guide and one hunter would have to withdraw to go judge the one dog cast. It’s a lose, lose, lose, situation.

UKC getting 1/3+ of the money from the small hunts. 4 dogs = $80 $25 for the hunt package. $5 for DNR permit. Plus another couple dollars per dog to UKC. Then, there is a light bill that club has to pay.

But, I’m just a guy that has been hunting for 25+ years and trying to run a local club successfully thinking it would be nice if the hunts were more hunter/club friendly.

1/24/02---5/21/12
Manning, South Carolina
Ph. 803-840-2013
If you text this number you won’t get a response unless you include your name.

💰💰Click blue link to check us out on Facebook💰💰
👉🏼 Tavares' First Class Black & Tans 👈🏼

Tone it down guys, or they will delete another good topic...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-14-2018 01:28 AM
Kenneth Tavares is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenneth Tavares Click here to Send Kenneth Tavares a Private Message Click Here to Email Kenneth Tavares Find more posts by Kenneth Tavares Add Kenneth Tavares to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

X2 I been telling them that forever. Maybe they will listen to you !!

Tar

Old Post 12-14-2018 02:23 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kenneth Tavares
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
X2 I been telling them that forever. Maybe they will listen to you !!

Tar

😂😂😂

They have never and will never listen to me. I was hoping to win the lottery so I could buy UKC and remodel the staff. 😳😂😎

1/24/02---5/21/12
Manning, South Carolina
Ph. 803-840-2013
If you text this number you won’t get a response unless you include your name.

💰💰Click blue link to check us out on Facebook💰💰
👉🏼 Tavares' First Class Black & Tans 👈🏼

Tone it down guys, or they will delete another good topic...

Old Post 12-14-2018 04:09 AM
Kenneth Tavares is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenneth Tavares Click here to Send Kenneth Tavares a Private Message Click Here to Email Kenneth Tavares Find more posts by Kenneth Tavares Add Kenneth Tavares to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote