UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Do they stay silent
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Stringtownblues
UKC Forum Member

Do they stay silent

I’ve got a blue dog year and half old started treeing coon about 4 months ago but is dead silent on track and I hate a silent dog he dead accurate and a good tree dog so my question is do u think he will ever open on track Most dogs track first then tree any help or ideas thanks

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-16-2018 11:00 PM
Stringtownblues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stringtownblues Click here to Send Stringtownblues a Private Message Click Here to Email Stringtownblues Find more posts by Stringtownblues Add Stringtownblues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Dog

Don't really know if he will stay silent, but there's all ways someone who would buy him if he does. Dave

Old Post 08-16-2018 11:28 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Bizich
Banned

Not going to ask what line blue dog.But I will say there is one line that the males are tight while the females are not.Some start out opening and go silent and others start out silent and go to opening. Others are tight their whole life.
I had one that was dead silent.At 3 years old he became an absolutely first strike dog and wide open.Almost sold him cause I don't like silent dogs either.Never know. They are all different. He may start openin with a little more age.
And the line I am referring to TREES FIRST then learn to track.Just like yours

Gone but never forgotten:
NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
NtChGrCh Dryfork Little Blue Baby Doll
2009 Pa Show Dog Of The Year
GrCh Dryfork Little Black Book
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
Gone too soon RIP my baby girl
Gr.Ch. Black Dog Black Cherry
GrCh Dryfork Black Dog Raine
One of kind and would make a believer out of you when you thought there were no coon left
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper
2018 Pa. Show Dog Of Year
Gr.Ch. Batman's Poison Ivy
2011&2013 WTDA Pa State Champion
2011&2013 Overall Hunt For The Cure
Ch. Jay's Greenridge Heidi
In memory of my best friend "Jay"

Last edited by Pat Bizich on 08-17-2018 at 02:32 AM

Old Post 08-17-2018 02:28 AM
Pat Bizich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Bizich Click here to Send Pat Bizich a Private Message Find more posts by Pat Bizich Add Pat Bizich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Pat

If he was mine, I would give him some time after reading your reply. I really didn't know, as I never seen a silent dog go to open trailing. I have one that's really tight, but he does open on tracks and he is very accurate. Dave

Old Post 08-17-2018 03:53 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoosier
UKC Forum Member

Smart

I would bet he's pretty smart too. If I were you....I'd sell him to ME! LOL

Old Post 08-17-2018 12:32 PM
Hoosier is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Click here to Send Hoosier a Private Message Click Here to Email Hoosier Find more posts by Hoosier Add Hoosier to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

I have one that started out dead silent alone for months then I hunted her with a friend's dog an she was wide open. Took her again alone dead silent. This went back and forth awhile. Fast forward to today and she is about perfect amount of mouth now and she is 3 year old. Ya just never know.

Old Post 08-17-2018 01:50 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

I'm hunting a red male thats as close to dead silent alone as anything I've had. He will open with another dog but it seems like he's locked in stealth mode til somebody else ruins it lol. My buddy has two dogs one is tight the other one never shuts up. Doesn't matter which one I put mine with he's gonna open a couple barks after the other one does. Hot nosed and dead accurate I've seen him miss twice alone in over a hundred trees and if another dog gets slick he'll be two doors down under the coon. I hunt almost exclusively alone and he's one miserable bugger to hunt alone in thin coon. I keep hoping he's gonna start to open but I seriously doubt it's gonna happen.

Old Post 08-17-2018 07:09 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wildhounds
UKC Forum Member

My first B and T would only open once or twice and that meant he was about to tree. Very accurate dog, earned his Gr Nt Ch on accuracy, he was almost always 3rd or 4th strike, but he wouldn't leave a tree and he always had a coon, no off game, so he won on those points many times! I think one time he got 1st strike, but then he would be pretty silent til he treed, which was usually within 30-60 secs of striking. Nice chop on tree until you took him off the tree. Smart, easy to handle, great lapdog in the house when not hunting him, so he had many great features that the silent track didn't bother us much! A pup by Dark Hollow Victor, Lee Stocking. My pup was the BEST HOUND EVER! Lived to 14.

Old Post 08-18-2018 05:09 PM
Wildhounds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wildhounds Click here to Send Wildhounds a Private Message Find more posts by Wildhounds Add Wildhounds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote