UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Huck-a Buck
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Nat Thomas
Banned

Huck-a Buck

I am looking for info on huck a buck. I want to know what kind of dogs he is reproducing. not just the ones that are winning. I want to hear all. Hunting style, mouth, track speed, pressure tree dogs and what females the pups you are telling me about are out of. Thanks in advance for the info

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-28-2005 06:46 AM
Nat Thomas is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nat Thomas Click here to Send Nat Thomas a Private Message Click Here to Email Nat Thomas Find more posts by Nat Thomas Add Nat Thomas to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nat Thomas
Banned

btt

Old Post 03-28-2005 05:39 PM
Nat Thomas is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nat Thomas Click here to Send Nat Thomas a Private Message Click Here to Email Nat Thomas Find more posts by Nat Thomas Add Nat Thomas to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hammer Time
UKC Forum Member

he is a english dog . the best. haa

And all arround . just a good guy.

Old Post 03-28-2005 06:18 PM
Hammer Time is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hammer Time Click here to Send Hammer Time a Private Message Click Here to Email Hammer Time Visit Hammer Time's homepage! Find more posts by Hammer Time Add Hammer Time to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nat Thomas
Banned

b

Last edited by Nat Thomas on 04-01-2005 at 02:30 AM

Old Post 03-29-2005 02:21 AM
ballground
UKC Forum Member

I have one out of him, that I like, hard hunter and the half mates that I have hunted with were hard hunters. I've seen one with an average mouth the rest had better than average mouths. They have average track speed or a little better, their strength are split treeing and staying under extreme pressure. They seem very sensible, sometimes maybe a little too sensitive.

Old Post 03-29-2005 02:54 AM
ballground is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ballground Find more posts by ballground Add ballground to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John Ferrari
UKC Forum Member

I have had very good luck with Huck when crossing with my females here.
I think Huck has like around 50 Nt Ch and I around 20 to 21 have came from my females here. Remember the females have alot also to do what the dogs are. Huck is a great credit to the English Breed, and Ron Beck, who had him before Jim bought him should be proud of him. Huck is turning out to be a good buy for Jim Ridge. Good Luck everyone with those English dogs this summer. There are alot of nice lines out there and remember if someone is feeding the dog and they like it that all that matters. Go to the classfields and I have a ad that I have one male pup left that is running loose on the farm out of Huck and Ten. We have a four month old out of this cross that is treeing in the woods.
Good Luck
John Ferrari

Old Post 03-29-2005 03:35 AM
John Ferrari is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John Ferrari Click here to Send John Ferrari a Private Message Click Here to Email John Ferrari Find more posts by John Ferrari Add John Ferrari to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
heidimarty
UKC Forum Member

If anyone would know about Huck. John would. I have yet to hear "Anything" negitive about him or his offspring. We have one here out of him and one of Johns females that we are totaly in love with. Good looking, Smart, Gritty, and treeing the heck out of squirels and cats at like 3 1/2 months. This pup can track down and tree a drag as far and as tough as you want to make it for him. Got a good Horn on him too.

westshounds@yahoo.com
GRCH GRWRCH'PR' White Reuben Timber Thrasher
-------------------------
GRCH'PR' Red Raven Timber Thrasher
GCH'PR' Ladys' Amazing Grace
(E-Days '07 Grand Female,
Autum Oaks Grand English Female 07)
WCH GRCH'PR' Aspin Rain Timber Thrasher(2-1st place wins)
CH'PR' Heidi's Hillbilly Dancin Amber(E-Days '06 BFOS)
CH'PR'Ester's not in Kansas Anymore(E-Days '07 BFOS

Old Post 03-29-2005 03:49 AM
heidimarty is offline Click Here to See the Profile for heidimarty Click here to Send heidimarty a Private Message Click Here to Email heidimarty Find more posts by heidimarty Add heidimarty to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jim Fraze
UKC Forum Member

Best young dog we've had here in a long time was out of Rat Poison which is out of Huck Started young and was independent with a good mouth Was running and treeing early. He got ran over and killed at an early age.

Old Post 03-29-2005 03:49 AM
Jim Fraze is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jim Fraze Click here to Send Jim Fraze a Private Message Click Here to Email Jim Fraze Find more posts by Jim Fraze Add Jim Fraze to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rusty Johnson
UKC Forum Member

I have a 4 year old nt.ch.female here now thats out of Huck and one of John's females.Has a good mouth,will split and stay,pretty accurate,good tree dog.She's about a 3rd or 4th strike dog i'd say,but she's a really really nice dog.Turn her loose and she's gonna go tree one most times.

I had another nt.ch. that was out of Huck and Zee Zee.Real nice mouth.Used it good on a track and she'd blow the top out of a tree.She'd split and stay or tree with other dogs.Could have used a little more get up and go at times I thought,but she did ok.

I also hunted with Rat Poison a couple times when Pete and Willis owned him........COONDOG!

Old Post 03-29-2005 05:06 AM
Rusty Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rusty Johnson Click here to Send Rusty Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Rusty Johnson Find more posts by Rusty Johnson Add Rusty Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nat Thomas
Banned

thanks for all the great replies. what is his PAD?

Old Post 03-29-2005 06:10 AM
GOMER
UKC Forum Member

huck pups

i got a grand pup out of him he is accurate and you better not turn him loose unless you want to walk to him he aint got the best tree mouth in the world but you can tree him on the first bark ive hunted with alot of huck pups and liked just about all of them just my opinon

Old Post 03-31-2005 04:03 AM
GOMER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GOMER Click here to Send GOMER a Private Message Click Here to Email GOMER Find more posts by GOMER Add GOMER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hammer Time
UKC Forum Member

i wasnt being a smart ass . i was being truthful he is a good dog.
and if you didnt want an answer dont ask.

And all arround . just a good guy.

Old Post 03-31-2005 04:35 PM
Hammer Time is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hammer Time Click here to Send Hammer Time a Private Message Click Here to Email Hammer Time Visit Hammer Time's homepage! Find more posts by Hammer Time Add Hammer Time to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bucky182
New UKC Forum Member

I had a pup out of huck, it was loud!! and good looking too. He was an all grand pup. The faults he had were:

1. Too slow on track
2. Ill at the tree and growled at daughter (reason I got rid of him)
3. would run a fox now and then.

His good points where:
1. Loud!!!!!!
2. Super hard tree dog
3. Super good looking

I am a walker dog man and always have been but decided to try an English. Other than the temperement problem he would have been a super hound if you did not mind a slower track dog. That is what I saw from him the good, the bad the ugly. But that in no way means I would not try another one.

Old Post 03-31-2005 05:17 PM
bucky182 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bucky182 Click here to Send bucky182 a Private Message Click Here to Email bucky182 Find more posts by bucky182 Add bucky182 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nat Thomas
Banned

that post sounded to me like you were being smart sorry for the reply thanks for all the other good ones!!! how slow of a track dog was the pup you tried?

Old Post 04-01-2005 02:32 AM
Mark V.
UKC Forum Member

I hunt Blue dogs but have hunt against Jim many times, he is a first class type of man winning or loseing and what he tells you is the way it will be. Just my thoughts!

Old Post 04-01-2005 04:50 AM
Mark V. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mark V. Click here to Send Mark V. a Private Message Click Here to Email Mark V. Find more posts by Mark V. Add Mark V. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
patches
UKC Forum Member

the one club in pa alleghany nite hunters out of pittsfield pa has a few hunters that have huck a buck dogs. might try to get ahold of someone from there. they look like nice looking hounds. don't know how they hunt.

Milarkens Coronet. Bleu(Gandalf)
Milarkens Army of 12 Monkees(Pippin)
Gone but not forgotten
Grfch. Grch. Milarkens Reevewood Shi-Ster
Ch. Milarkens Sportie Shortie

Old Post 04-01-2005 06:02 AM
patches is offline Click Here to See the Profile for patches Click here to Send patches a Private Message Click Here to Email patches Find more posts by patches Add patches to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pete T
UKC Forum Member

One of Bucks Pups placed third at the Indiana PKC state hunt last night GR NT Ch Briar Creek Rat Poison

Old Post 04-02-2005 02:25 PM
Pete T is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pete T Click here to Send Pete T a Private Message Click Here to Email Pete T Find more posts by Pete T Add Pete T to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
old ben
UKC Forum Member

btt

Anderson County Coon Club
Lance White
865-919-7234

Old Post 12-01-2012 12:18 PM
old ben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for old ben Click here to Send old ben a Private Message Click Here to Email old ben Find more posts by old ben Add old ben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote