UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off Topic > Triple K
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Randy Williams
UKC Forum Member

Triple K

tim, I started a new thread to keep from hyjacking the president Biden thread. The redbone pup has a loud, loud mouth, but bawls on track and tree. He is very gamey and I thought he would tree on the possum, cause he trees anything that is over his head. He trees on the chickens and guineas. I raise pigs every year and will will bay the pigs, hem them up in the corner of the hog lot and get up close. He grabbed a 130 or so pig in the woods the other night. My buddies dog was running what I thought was a bear track and got treed. I was looking up for the bear and the pig was hiding it seemed like in the thicket. The pup grabbed the pig about 5 or 6 feet away from me. Will all 3 squealed. The pig got gone before I could grab it. The Boudin is blood sausage made with rice. Most people deep fry it. I'm not a fan of blood sausage.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-25-2021 07:25 PM
Randy Williams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Randy Williams Click here to Send Randy Williams a Private Message Click Here to Email Randy Williams Find more posts by Randy Williams Add Randy Williams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Thanks

Randy
Blood Sausage ?
I have never heard of that either....LOL
I deep fried what he brought back to me. I just didnt care for it.
Thats good on your Pup/Young Dog. Sometimes they can be a headache but when they start putting it together is what makes it fun, at least for me it is.
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 01-25-2021 09:52 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

I like your guys thread

Old Post 01-25-2021 10:14 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

I've been eating boudin for 75 years (both red and white) and never deep fried it. It's already cooked so you only have to warm it. Three years ago we brought about 10 pounds of white boudin to the Utchman Memorial Hunt. Everybody there liked it except one fellow. And he told everybody there how much he didn't like it. Four or five times. LOL

Old Post 01-25-2021 10:48 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Randy Williams
UKC Forum Member

I didn't eat the boudin. A friend made it and said it was basicly blood sausage with rice. He made meatballs and deep fried them. Blood sausage is just sausage that you put a lot of blood in, I don't eat it either. I hope I can get this pup trained, I'm out of a coondog now.I have a walker that is 4 and she still has not figured out how to handle a track. Her mom was the best dog I've ever had. I had tick fever a year and a half ago and it left me with nueropophy. Maybe redneck mafia has a cure for it.

Old Post 01-26-2021 12:11 AM
Randy Williams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Randy Williams Click here to Send Randy Williams a Private Message Click Here to Email Randy Williams Find more posts by Randy Williams Add Randy Williams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Boudin....

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
I've been eating boudin for 75 years (both red and white) and never deep fried it. It's already cooked so you only have to warm it. Three years ago we brought about 10 pounds of white boudin to the Utchman Memorial Hunt. Everybody there liked it except one fellow. And he told everybody there how much he didn't like it. Four or five times. LOL

For 75 years ?.......Dang how old are you ...😉🙄
The ones my Buddy brought back were like oversized Hush Puppies. They were colored about like hush puppies too.
Looked like the were maybe liver inside with alot of spices etc.
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 01-26-2021 01:06 AM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 01-26-2021 01:08 AM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

AND A HALF

Old Post 01-26-2021 01:13 AM
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Donald. ( shadinc )

WOW.......I never would have guessed your age.
I am 55......But feel 95 some days.....😉😁😁

Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 01-26-2021 11:03 AM
Driftwoodblue
UKC Forum Member

quote:

haven't been eating it that long.. LOL!

That you brought to the Ucthman Memorial was sure good..
" Blood sausage" is not really a correct name. it has plenty of red meat in it. some make it out of gator meat and it is very good also.

Old Post 01-26-2021 02:01 PM
Driftwoodblue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Driftwoodblue Click here to Send Driftwoodblue a Private Message Find more posts by Driftwoodblue Add Driftwoodblue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micooner
UKC Forum Member

This blood sausage or bouidan brings back a fond memory. First dinner at first wife's parents. Bunch of pollock's with some French mixed in. Grandma brings out big pan of something red liquid. Me trying to be polite dips out a big scoop or two. Every one else dips out a hearty portion. Was pretty tasty, asked what it is they said Chiani. On the ride home wife starts giggling. She says you know what chiani is? No what is it? It's duck blood soup. Laughing. Ha ha

Old Post 01-26-2021 04:16 PM
micooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for micooner Click here to Send micooner a Private Message Click Here to Email micooner Find more posts by micooner Add micooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Randy Williams
UKC Forum Member

Fixing to make another batch of liver mush. Too foggy to go huntin. This batch will be xxx hot, last batch was a little hot too suit the wife.I do eat deer heart and liver, but I don't think I want any duck blood soup!

Old Post 01-27-2021 01:58 AM
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Soup...

Duck Blood Soup.......Ummmm NO....!!!
I like hearing stories of different parts of the Country, just like this of different foods.
Keep them coming guys......
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 01-27-2021 11:34 AM
Randy Williams
UKC Forum Member

got the liver mush made and its real good. I was building a house for a man several years ago, he had a friend doing all the backhoe work. This friend wanted some blood sausage so I told him I would make some. He told me to save the blood and mix it in with the sausage and I did. I diidn't eat none but he said it was good. Looked pretty bad too me. Had a man that worked for me, he had asian neighbours, he eat supper with them. He said they had chicken feet and lob. He said lob was meat soaked in lemon juice, not heated at all. He said it was real good. He said the lemon juice cooked it. I didn't want none of it.

Old Post 01-29-2021 05:33 AM
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Food....

quote:
Originally posted by Randy Williams
got the liver mush made and its real good. I was building a house for a man several years ago, he had a friend doing all the backhoe work. This friend wanted some blood sausage so I told him I would make some. He told me to save the blood and mix it in with the sausage and I did. I diidn't eat none but he said it was good. Looked pretty bad too me. Had a man that worked for me, he had asian neighbours, he eat supper with them. He said they had chicken feet and lob. He said lob was meat soaked in lemon juice, not heated at all. He said it was real good. He said the lemon juice cooked it. I didn't want none of it.

I dont Blame you..........I wouldnt want any either....LOL...😁
A few years ago, we had 3 young ladies that worked for my Company and they were from the Philippines. Very hard Workers and always happy & cheerful. One of them would bring a dish in for her lunch and it was her favorite......it was Fish Heads......Yep, eyes and all. Didnt look good at all to me......🤮
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 01-29-2021 11:13 AM
Randy Williams
UKC Forum Member

Man, and I've been throwing them good fish heads away all my life. I don't think I'm man enough to eat them. I did eat my first crawdads at Thanksgiving, they was good. My nephew made what he called a low country boil. Had to put a bark collar on the rad pup. My guineas roost over his head and the hawks and owls come in for supper, then he goes crazy. You aint gonna sleep when he cranks up.

Old Post 02-03-2021 04:49 AM
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Crawdads......

quote:
Man, and I've been throwing them good fish heads away all my life. I don't think I'm man enough to eat them. I did eat my first crawdads at Thanksgiving, they was good. My nephew made what he called a low country boil. Had to put a bark collar on the rad pup. My guineas roost over his head and the hawks and owls come in for supper, then he goes crazy. You aint gonna sleep when he cranks up.

I have always wanted to try the Crawdad Boil......it sure looks good but I am not sure on how to eat the Crawdads....🙄
Couple of years ago we went on a 10 day trip to the Gulf, Actually Gulfport Mississippi. It was the hottest darn place I have ever seen....LOL.
I had my chance to try the Crawdad boil......But passed on it and had some Gumbo & Fish. Good stuff for sure.
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 02-03-2021 10:50 AM
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

If you go back to the coast and order some, please call them crawfish and not craw dads. LOL

Old Post 02-03-2021 03:10 PM
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Crawdads......

quote:
If you go back to the coast and order some, please call them crawfish and not craw dads. LOL

They will know what I am talking about.
Heck.....even Randy Williams called them Crawdads.....😁😁
Thanks
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 02-03-2021 03:22 PM
Randy Williams
UKC Forum Member

I don't know if yalls crawfish and our crawdads is the same thing or not. Never heard of anyone eating ours. I've been in the low country of S.C. quite a bit, hunting & fishing,(mostly trotlines), and seems like they get theirs from La. Mr. Bobby Barber invited me down there a bunch of times, he said I would love it down there, but I never good afford to take the time off work.

Old Post 02-03-2021 03:47 PM
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Crawfish.....

quote:
I don't know if yalls crawfish and our crawdads is the same thing or not. Never heard of anyone eating ours. I've been in the low country of S.C. quite a bit, hunting & fishing,(mostly trotlines), and seems like they get theirs from La. Mr. Bobby Barber invited me down there a bunch of times, he said I would love it down there, but I never good afford to take the time off work.

I am going to try the Boil next time I have a chance.....probably tear into the Taters & Corn right away......might take me a few minutes to get to the Crawfish......😉😝
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 02-06-2021 02:52 PM
Randy Williams
UKC Forum Member

Redbone pup has turned the page. He is running and treeing pretty good now. Haven't broke him from off game yet, haven't decided whether to make him a hog dog or a coondog. I need to make another run of liver mush. Still have about 20 pounds of pork liver in the freezer.

Old Post 02-21-2021 02:02 AM
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Pup.....

quote:
Redbone pup has turned the page. He is running and treeing pretty good now. Haven't broke him from off game yet, haven't decided whether to make him a hog dog or a coondog. I need to make another run of liver mush. Still have about 20 pounds of pork liver in the freezer.

Thats Awesome on your Pup.....!!!!
No better feeling and makes a Man want to get out there and go put that young dog in the woods.
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 02-21-2021 02:44 AM