UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > ? to many cage coon ?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
marcel hill
UKC Forum Member

? to many cage coon ?

I bought this young dog hunted it 2 times now and it appears like this dog has seen to many cage coon . what can you do now ?
I reckon the only thing to do is keep it in the woods and hope some thing clicks in her head
she hunts good i have seen her check trees but she hasnt opened other than 1 time last night garmin said she was treed but she was not barking i walked in she was up and down on this tree , any advise shes bred good great lookin dog i think she will be ok but just wonder what some of you all would do

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-14-2012 04:57 PM
marcel hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for marcel hill Click here to Send marcel hill a Private Message Find more posts by marcel hill Add marcel hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
englishbuddy
UKC Forum Member

The first thing is how many coons has she had ???? If she has had several, tie her back and shoot coons to the other dogs ( Dont let her have a hold of em ) and let her watch till she starts barking. If she has not had ahold of many , start killing them to her and she should start barking.

Old Post 05-14-2012 05:26 PM
englishbuddy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for englishbuddy Click here to Send englishbuddy a Private Message Find more posts by englishbuddy Add englishbuddy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Okie Dawg
UKC Forum Member

I don't think you can give a dog to many caged coon. You can give them to many in the wrong way. It is all in what you do with the coon. If you think she has SEEN TO MANY in a cage release one and age the track longer. See what she does. Don't let her see it in the cage. It will give you an idea of how hot of track she will try to work.
How old is it? I don't know what it is doing to make you think it has had to many caged coon.

Tonkawa Okla. 74653
580-628-0507
CH 'PR' Grady's Dark Woods Waylon -Bluetic

NITECH 'PR' Grady's Insane Tinker Bell (Tink) - Treeing walker --Okla. State Hunt open redg. winner

'PR' Grady's Barley - Treeing Walker

Old Post 05-14-2012 05:47 PM
Okie Dawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Okie Dawg Click here to Send Okie Dawg a Private Message Click Here to Email Okie Dawg Find more posts by Okie Dawg Add Okie Dawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee Currens Jr.
Banned

Re: ? to many cage coon ?

quote:
Originally posted by marcel hill
I bought this young dog hunted it 2 times now and it appears like this dog has seen to many cage coon . what can you do now ?
I reckon the only thing to do is keep it in the woods and hope some thing clicks in her head
she hunts good i have seen her check trees but she hasnt opened other than 1 time last night garmin said she was treed but she was not barking i walked in she was up and down on this tree , any advise shes bred good great lookin dog i think she will be ok but just wonder what some of you all would do

cage coons they usually come out of the box barking with excitment
but what do i know about it

Old Post 05-15-2012 01:12 AM
Lee Currens Jr. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Currens Jr. Click here to Send Lee Currens Jr. a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Currens Jr. Add Lee Currens Jr. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

Does she go crazy to just hear a cage rattle? If so shes been shown a few

Old Post 05-15-2012 01:23 AM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee Currens Jr.
Banned

the only thing i worry about is dog that cant finish track.

Old Post 05-15-2012 01:29 AM
Lee Currens Jr. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Currens Jr. Click here to Send Lee Currens Jr. a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Currens Jr. Add Lee Currens Jr. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buzzardcreek
Banned

Turn the coon loose with a 15 minute head start don't let the dog see the trap.put him with a dog that does it right and reward the dog on the tree for doing what you like.

Old Post 05-15-2012 12:11 PM
buzzardcreek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buzzardcreek Click here to Send buzzardcreek a Private Message Click Here to Email buzzardcreek Find more posts by buzzardcreek Add buzzardcreek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote