UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > It is not about the dogs anymore.
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yadkintar
Banned

It is not about the dogs anymore.

Become a garmin master and get you a flir thermal a money man and become famous.

Tar

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-28-2020 09:50 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lance Laymon
UKC Forum Member

Was it ever about the hound for those looking to be famous??? Win at all cost because nobody remembers the losers.

Old Post 05-28-2020 11:50 AM
Lance Laymon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lance Laymon Click here to Send Lance Laymon a Private Message Find more posts by Lance Laymon Add Lance Laymon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

Re: It is not about the dogs anymore.

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Become a garmin master and get you a flir thermal a money man and become famous.

Tar

hard to believe them guys are allowing the use of the Flir. Cap that off with going to trees alone and you have the makings for some very serious cheating. I love it. The place to be is becoming a playground for crooks. Washington DC will likely recruit a few of them.

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 05-28-2020 12:16 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sfox91
UKC Forum Member

I carry a flir, have used it in hunts. Cannot score a tree with one, have to see the animal with your, and the majority of the casts eyes or non hunting judges eyes to be plus. Does it help pinpoint where to shine your light, yes. And who is allowing dogs to be put on the paper that aren’t heard, question it if you can’t hear the dog.

Old Post 05-28-2020 01:15 PM
Sfox91 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sfox91 Click here to Send Sfox91 a Private Message Click Here to Email Sfox91 Find more posts by Sfox91 Add Sfox91 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Sfox91
I carry a flir, have used it in hunts. Cannot score a tree with one, have to see the animal with your, and the majority of the casts eyes or non hunting judges eyes to be plus. Does it help pinpoint where to shine your light, yes. And who is allowing dogs to be put on the paper that aren’t heard, question it if you can’t hear the dog.

If you go to trees alone it enables you to find the coon before the cast gets there or one close by lol. Might be some ukc boys with one in their pouch for that big money.

Just saying.

Tar

Old Post 05-28-2020 01:38 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sfox91
UKC Forum Member

People have been moving dogs long before a thermal came into play

Old Post 05-28-2020 01:51 PM
Sfox91 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sfox91 Click here to Send Sfox91 a Private Message Click Here to Email Sfox91 Find more posts by Sfox91 Add Sfox91 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Yes they were moving dogs before thermal come along but more times then not from an obvious slick to a bigger tree close by. With a flir they know which tree to move it to.

I love my Garmin but it sure has changed the hunts. Yes you gotta hear them to score them but you can walk a long ways in 8 mins when you know which direction to walk.

Those out of pocket dogs used to be useless.

Old Post 05-28-2020 02:08 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
4play
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Sfox91
People have been moving dogs long before a thermal came into play

That's a 'Stretch' right there...........and he is still allowed to hunt and handle hounds.

Nitech Stylish Clover Shark Jill - RIP 'Ole Girl
{Great White Shark x Brush Creek Patch}

Old Post 05-28-2020 02:43 PM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

Believe it or not but there are still some honest people that hunt the hunts.

Old Post 05-28-2020 02:44 PM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

...."It is not all about the dogs anymore"...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe that Tarbaby has the nerve to make such a statement. Was it all about the dogs when you were younger, had a money man and traveled the country as a paid handler? Was it ever all about the dogs?

Old Post 05-28-2020 02:49 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
...."It is not all about the dogs anymore"...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe that Tarbaby has the nerve to make such a statement. Was it all about the dogs when you were younger, had a money man and traveled the country as a paid handler? Was it ever all about the dogs?

LOL

Nostalgia & rose colored glasses combined with a selective fading memory ..... the tarbaby syndrome

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Nt Ch Becky’s Midnite Blue Hank - R.I.P. Old Boy, thank you for the memories

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!

Old Post 05-28-2020 04:42 PM
Vic Stoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vic Stoll Click here to Send Vic Stoll a Private Message Find more posts by Vic Stoll Add Vic Stoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, there is a name for it now, "Tarbaby Syndrome". It must be highly contagious because a lot of people seem to have it now.

Old Post 05-28-2020 05:02 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micooner
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by 4play
That's a 'Stretch' right there...........and he is still allowed to hunt and handle hounds.
that's funny right there. They were really moving dogs right down the road a few miles. Lol

Old Post 05-28-2020 05:25 PM
micooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for micooner Click here to Send micooner a Private Message Click Here to Email micooner Find more posts by micooner Add micooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I went by myself to handle my dog once many years back. He was treed on a little bitty tree and there was a big huge oak about 10 yds away. I was very tempted to move him over to the obvious circle tree but I didn't. When the cast got there, one of them found a little kitten coon in his little tree. I have never even thought about moving one over since. If they make/pick a tree, that is their tree right or wrong.

Old Post 05-28-2020 07:19 PM
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Vic Stoll
LOL

Nostalgia & rose colored glasses combined with a selective fading memory ..... the tarbaby syndrome

Didn’t have a garmin , shock collar, tracking collar , not a very good light , you used your ears and your brain and you never hunted blueticks or redbones if you wanted to win lol.

Tarbaby

Old Post 05-28-2020 07:55 PM
4play
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Didn’t have a garmin , shock collar, tracking collar , not a very good light , you used your ears and your brain and you never hunted blueticks or redbones if you wanted to win lol.

Tarbaby

100% true statement !!

Nitech Stylish Clover Shark Jill - RIP 'Ole Girl
{Great White Shark x Brush Creek Patch}

Old Post 05-28-2020 07:59 PM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

dogs

"Just turn them loose and let the best dog win." That is what the hunts are like in our area. Can't believe there is so much cheating going on around the country. Like T Felderman said, there are some areas that have honest people attending the hunts. Come on up to eastern Iowa & enjoy. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 05-28-2020 08:10 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Gotta love your laid back attitude these days, no more getting rattled by other folks comments. Just stating what most folks know as being true, but do not want to admit. Must be a lot of rose colored glasses being sold and worn these days. Lol. Dave

Old Post 05-28-2020 08:11 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Re: Re: It is not about the dogs anymore.

quote:
Originally posted by Robert Johnson
hard to believe them guys are allowing the use of the Flir. Cap that off with going to trees alone and you have the makings for some very serious cheating. I love it. The place to be is becoming a playground for crooks. Washington DC will likely recruit a few of them.

Ukc allows you to carry it just not use it. They see it as any other electronic device you can carry but not utilize like phones for communication of scores or using to video in holes, controlling capable collars (yes I know when they can be used) and Garmin's and the telemetry rules that apply.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 05-28-2020 08:23 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Tar

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dave Richards
Gotta love your laid back attitude these days, no more getting rattled by other folks comments. Just stating what most folks know as being true, but do not want to admit. Must be a lot of rose colored glasses being sold and worn these days. Lol. Dave [/QUOTE

I can hold my own fishing with the guys but mrs tar just put it on me lol.

Mrs tar - 10 big ones

Tar - 1 squeaker

Kinda humbles ya lol.

Tar

Old Post 05-28-2020 08:56 PM
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Not exactly the way this thread has gone but if you think about it competition hunting has really never been about the dog. Don't think the dog looks at a competition night any different than any other. Competition has been and rightly so about the pride a man has in his dog. Now I know that money is in the picture and that also has to be a motivating factor.

Old Post 05-28-2020 10:18 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Tarbaby

C'mon tarbaby, stereotype breed babbling to dance a little side step?
Nice dodge the question Richard threw out there. Surely not do as I say, not as I do or have done ... it was alright then when you did it, wasn't it tarbaby?

Not talking about the tools or lack of available at the time, already walked a mile or three in that era, your're preaching to the choir

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Nt Ch Becky’s Midnite Blue Hank - R.I.P. Old Boy, thank you for the memories

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!

Old Post 05-28-2020 10:44 PM
Vic Stoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vic Stoll Click here to Send Vic Stoll a Private Message Find more posts by Vic Stoll Add Vic Stoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Vic Stoll
C'mon tarbaby, stereotype breed babbling to dance a little side step?
Nice dodge the question Richard threw out there. Surely not do as I say, not as I do or have done ... it was alright then when you did it, wasn't it tarbaby?

Not talking about the tools or lack of available at the time, already walked a mile or three in that era, your're preaching to the choir

Most of the dogs I handled didn’t need a slick handler they just got some age on them and the big doggies of that time period sold them.

They was a lot more advanced than ole blue out there snorken around Under leafs and twigs tryen to move that 4 hour old track lol.

I knew my dog and after the first 30 minutes I knew yours too !!

Tarbaby

Old Post 05-28-2020 11:05 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tom Wood

Preacher, the hunts were started with the dogs in mind and the concept was sound at the time. Simple, call the dogs for what they did and use the scoring system to determine the best dog in that cast. Dogs packed in those days and the strike was one track not 4 different tracks. It was easy to see what dog struck first, what dog treed first. No one hunted off buckets, it was more like a real hunt. Sadly, those days are gone, now it's 4 dogs going 4 different directions and the winner is usually the dog that struck first, no matter that it was babbling and went a mile to tree a hot pop up coon. No longer are the hunts a determination of the best dog in that cast. I only give validity to s dog that has won multiply casts to win the hunt, only cast winner elimination hunts produce a true champion. Dave

Old Post 05-28-2020 11:11 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cotton 1927
UKC Forum Member

quote:
OUCH!!! Lol

Tarbaby

Old Post 05-29-2020 12:17 AM
Cotton 1927 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cotton 1927 Click here to Send Cotton 1927 a Private Message Click Here to Email Cotton 1927 Find more posts by Cotton 1927 Add Cotton 1927 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote