UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Babblers
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Babblers

I have heard so much about babblers lately. How did they do at the World Finals this year?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-24-2018 12:28 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AndyMiller
UKC Forum Member

ALL YOU GOT TO DO IS GIVE THEM A WARNING B 4 YOU TURN DOGS LOOSE THAT THE 1 MINUTE IS GOING TO B ENFORCED ...AND IF THEY STRIKE ON A BABBLE MINUS THEM.... EVERY HANDLER KNOWS IF THE DOGS ARE BABBLING OR IF THEY HAVE A TRACK ..

Old Post 09-24-2018 12:33 AM
AndyMiller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AndyMiller Click here to Send AndyMiller a Private Message Click Here to Email AndyMiller Find more posts by AndyMiller Add AndyMiller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Babblers

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Richard Lambert
I have heard so much about babblers lately. How did they do at the World Finals this year? [/QUOUTE

Hmmmmmm now that I think about it there was only one redbone at the finals just sayen.

Tarbaby

Old Post 09-24-2018 12:42 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by AndyMiller
ALL YOU GOT TO DO IS GIVE THEM A WARNING B 4 YOU TURN DOGS LOOSE THAT THE 1 MINUTE IS GOING TO B ENFORCED ...AND IF THEY STRIKE ON A BABBLE MINUS THEM.... EVERY HANDLER KNOWS IF THE DOGS ARE BABBLING OR IF THEY HAVE A TRACK ..
What is the one minute rule?

Old Post 09-24-2018 01:46 AM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ricochet17
UKC Forum Member

That rule hasn't gotten across the big river yet.

Old Post 09-24-2018 02:04 AM
Ricochet17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ricochet17 Click here to Send Ricochet17 a Private Message Find more posts by Ricochet17 Add Ricochet17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oklared
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Babblers

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Richard Lambert
I have heard so much about babblers lately. How did they do at the World Finals this year? [/QUOUTE

Hmmmmmm now that I think about it there was only one redbone at the finals just sayen.

THERE SHOULD HAVE BEEN PLENTY LEFT AFTER THE RED LEFT, JUST SAYIN

Tarbaby

HOME OF 2010 HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE, DUAL CH Y2KD, #7 REPRODUCING RED FEMALE
NT.Ch. WINNER AT REDBONE SEC. 2008
3RD PL. NT.CH. 2009 BATTLE OF BREEDS AT ADA OKLA.
4TH PLACE R.Q.E 2010
2ND PLACE OVERALL AT ZONE 4 AND DOUBLE CAST WINNER 2010
WENT TO 2010 WORLD HUNT
AMERICAN REDBONE ASSOCIATION HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE OF THE 2010 WORLD HUNT
OVERALL HI SCOREING DOG AT 2010 BBCHA BLUE TIC SECTIONAL
GR.NT.CH. AT 12 and A HALF
MADE-EM SEE RED

Old Post 09-24-2018 02:17 AM
oklared is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oklared Click here to Send oklared a Private Message Click Here to Email oklared Find more posts by oklared Add oklared to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Had to be from Oklahoma to get that huh. They ain't got no sense of humor no more I am loosing my touch lol.

Tarbaby

Old Post 09-24-2018 02:23 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by AndyMiller

Wrong, UKC does not have a 1 min babbling rule. The minute in UKC is only in place to protect the handler from being forced to strike his or her dog on or before the 3rd bark in the first minute of the hunt, essentially if a dog does loose bark upon casting and barks more than 3 times has not been forced to strike like they are in other times of the hunt. A dog can be minused at anytime of the hunt if the dog is determined to be babbling the minute has nothing to do with whether or not to minus. The so called "minute babbling rule" may be one of the most misused, misapplied and misunderstood rules they have.

Tar, Richard is still grieving it may take a while for him to get over it. I may need to send some of those brownies for snacks in the winniebago to cheer him up.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Last edited by Redneck Mafia on 09-24-2018 at 05:01 AM

Old Post 09-24-2018 04:49 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Hey Jen, I used to have a friend that drove out to Mo. every fall to do some farming. I may be interested in some of Richards brownies. lol

Old Post 09-24-2018 01:21 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Jen, do your brownies have a secret ingredient? No wonder you are always smiling.

Old Post 09-24-2018 01:53 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Jen, do your brownies have a secret ingredient? No wonder you are always smiling.

Yes I put pecans in them 😊.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE

RIP
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 09-24-2018 02:46 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

PECAN'S? OMG. Richard give her your secret recipe. I know I'll have to get mine from her since I've talked so much smack to you. You'd be as likely to share a brownie with me as you'd share a ride in the Winnie baygo with Tarbaby.

Old Post 09-24-2018 02:59 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

How you know I ain't already been in the Winnie baygo ? And that wasn't pecans in them brownies I ate lol !!

Wow man can you dig it !!

Tarbaby

Old Post 09-24-2018 03:04 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Groovy Tarbaby, Groovy...

Old Post 09-24-2018 03:17 PM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by yadkinriver
PECAN'S? OMG. Richard give her your secret recipe. I know I'll have to get mine from her since I've talked so much smack to you. You'd be as likely to share a brownie with me as you'd share a ride in the Winnie baygo with Tarbaby.

Well a dab of this and a dash of that then some pecans 😉.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 09-24-2018 04:54 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Special herbs and spices like Kentucky fried chicken huh lol.

Did you see the size of that chicken wow !!

Tar

Old Post 09-24-2018 05:05 PM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Special herbs and spices like Kentucky fried chicken huh lol.

Did you see the size of that chicken wow !!

Tar

A lady never gives her best recipes out!
Organic pampered chickens??
What happened to the guy on the minute rule? I was all prepared for a rule debate now all I get is a debate about pecans in brownies from the board nuts!

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 09-24-2018 05:16 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Err um ahh it's a minute every drop but usually they are all barking so if they need a strike they get it and nobody will vote against them strike them on the snap click lol.

Tar

Old Post 09-24-2018 05:21 PM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Err um ahh it's a minute every drop but usually they are all barking so if they need a strike they get it and nobody will vote against them strike them on the snap click lol.

Tar

Unless non-hunting judge with 50 some seconds gone on the minute and the dog sounds like a coyote at times. Minus dog goes 50yds opens again others put in and a coon is treed shortly after. What do you do when you can't vote even if cast agrees? Will a MOH overturn? Probably not, your good luck just ran out.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 09-24-2018 05:29 PM
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Board nuts? Wow Tar and Richard y'all have been burned. Hard to believe someone is looking for a rule debate on this board and can't get it. I know better than argue, er, debate a female on here. Come on slackers. Lets see ya get it on!

Old Post 09-24-2018 05:32 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Struck at 50 seconds of the minute !! If I was the judge I might of studied the situation a little longer I mean I just set and watched 50 seconds tick off that's a long time before a strike.

Tar

Old Post 09-24-2018 05:34 PM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Wish you were the judge then and a little one eyed, one nutted white dog and the young man that has raised and trained him would have been in the finals! Judge stated he had moved 50yds lol, Improper application of the minute rule? It was the first drop so I have wondered if the way the little dog sounds on the ground maybe he thought he wasn't running a coon. If it was a big bawl mouth that opened maybe different outcome.
Can non hunting judges be questioned on judgement calls? I think though these decision usually aren't ever overturned just for good measure there will be a ? mark by it.
Yes board nuts, sorry I couldn't help myself. Yadkinriver surely you've won atleast one argument with a woman.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 09-24-2018 05:48 PM
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Don't wanna talk about it. I'm old. Memory's not real good.

Old Post 09-24-2018 05:58 PM
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Well Jen, I don't want to start an argument (especially with a lady that makes good brownies)but, I don't understand your interpretation of the one minute rule. I thought it was to protect dogs that barked right off the leash.

Old Post 09-24-2018 06:38 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
Well Jen, I don't want to start an argument (especially with a lady that makes good brownies)but, I don't understand your interpretation of the one minute rule. I thought it was to protect dogs that barked right off the leash.

Yes sir it is. It is put in place so that a handler is not forced to strike his or her dog on or before the 3rd bark.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 09-24-2018 06:52 PM