UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Garmin Software Observation
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Garmin Software Observation

So I went through today and updated all Collars and Alpha to the latest software updates. I have two TT10's one TT15 and one T5.

I noticed that the TT15, T5, and one of the TT10's updated to the latest version of 4.2 while the one remaining TT10 only updated to the latest version of 3.0

Anybody have any thoughts or explanations as to why one TT10 would update to 4.2 and the other would only update to 3.0????

Any/all thoughts/Ideas, explanations, greatly appreciated.

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Hang'em High Holly
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Rockets Top Gun.
Gr.Nt.Ch.Hooper Ridge Rocket
Gr.Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Dolly
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy
HOOPER RIDGE ENGLISH-POUND FOR POUND THEY ARE ONE TOUGH HOUND!!!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-23-2019 08:54 PM
Rocketman55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocketman55 Click here to Send Rocketman55 a Private Message Click Here to Email Rocketman55 Find more posts by Rocketman55 Add Rocketman55 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

Consider urself lucky that 1 tt10 updated ..... tt10 r obsolete as far as the alpha 💯 is concerned.....just sent 2 tt10's back that wouldn't update/work with my alpha 💯 ...... Re

Old Post 11-23-2019 10:20 PM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Interesting, that yours wouldn't update. Both of mine updated some. It's just that the one collar updated from 2.something to 3.0 but all the other collars updated to 4.2

The collar still tracks fine, but I was puzzled why it didn't update to 4.2 like the others did.

Maybe I should pose that question to the Garmin folks, HUMM
Sorry just talking to myself again.

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 11-24-2019 12:40 AM
Rocketman55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocketman55 Click here to Send Rocketman55 a Private Message Click Here to Email Rocketman55 Find more posts by Rocketman55 Add Rocketman55 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Whisper you bring up a curiosity question for me. Did you call Garmin and set up an exchange. Or did you just send them in. Garmin as far as I know quit accepting the TT 10's for exchange/upgrade several months ago. Maybe you have some special contact there?

Your right the TT10's are obsolete as far a Garmin is concerned and so much so. They ain't touching them.

Rocket did you read what the updates were for before you did them. Garmin hasn't put out any that did anything for the TT10 in quite some time.

Old Post 11-24-2019 01:11 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

Bruce you just explained why I have trouble updating mine!! Garmin should at least give updates for there equipment even tho they don't make them anymore!! AT LEAST!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. like buying a auto and company quit making parts for them and garages quit servicing them. sounds like they just run scams on people and gotta live with it I guess.

Old Post 11-24-2019 02:19 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I think there is confusion on what updates do. Garmin is always coming out with new equipment. Say they have a handheld out but new trchnology allows a new map card to be user. Garmin has a software up date on their handhelds to allow then to handle the new map cards. Another example. When garmin came out with the drive tracks. They worked only with ALPHAs. Did not work with 320s. So they came out with a software for the 320 to allow it to work with the drivetrack which come out after the 320. Most updates are just like that, released to allow the older products to be compatible with new products which generally has newer technology. Garmin has come out with many updates to keep the older products working with newer ones. Actually as given in the examples. That is what most of them do.
Some updates change wording that confused people. On the handhelds in the map menu they used the wording of declutter on or declutter off. Updated handhelds say show map on or show map off.

Last edited by Bruce m. Conkey on 11-24-2019 at 10:24 PM

Old Post 11-24-2019 10:15 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Rocket did you read what the updates were for before you did them. Garmin hasn't put

Bruce No i didn't read them word for word, but I did skim through them to see if any issues might jump out at me. I didn't see anything that looked dangerous to do so I proceeded.

What has me puzzled is why would one TT10 update to 3.0 software, and the other TT10 upgrade to 4.2 software??

In other words is it possible that one TT10 has older technology than the other one, thus making it impossible to accept some of the software upgrades that the other system is capable of accepting.

I am looking for an explanation as to why one system upgraded to 3.0 and stopped, yet the other TT10 upgraded to 4.2 Any Thoughts??? Or should I pose that question to the Garmin call center??

As far as I can tell both collars still track OK. You know how some of these updates are, they may fix some sort of communication between handheld and collar but it may not be something that will affect what/how you are using your system.

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 11-24-2019 11:40 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Rocketman, I think the answer is you have 1 TT10 and you have 1 TT15. You can verify this by the serial number on the back on the GPS antenna box on the the collar. One will end in the number 97 and the other will end in the number 15. The 97 will be the TT10 and the one that upgraded to 3.0 and the other one with the 15 one it will be a TT15 and upgraded to 4.2

Reason I say this, is the latest upgrade for a TT10 is 3.0 and latest update for TT15 is 4.2

Last edited by Bruce m. Conkey on 11-25-2019 at 03:14 AM

Old Post 11-25-2019 03:11 AM
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Conkey, as always, you are right again, I remember buying this extra collar a few years back when I originally bought my Alpha. The collar that came with the Alpha was the TT10. The additional collar that was sent was packaged in a TT15 box but I just assumed it was a TT10 as well since it was all purchased at the same time, just packaged in a TT15 shipping box but I was wrong. From those serial numbers I can now see that I own Two TT15's Not one (1) and I own one TT10 and not (2)

Thank You once again for your knowledge and expertise, as well as your willingness to share both. Happy Thanks Giving

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy

Old Post 11-26-2019 10:43 PM