UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Hunt Director
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
tommy curtis
UKC Forum Member

Hunt Director

Did I read somewhere that under new format that hunt director could indeed hunt in hunt...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-03-2018 02:04 PM
tommy curtis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tommy curtis Click Here to Email tommy curtis Find more posts by tommy curtis Add tommy curtis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

You did not. Several have asked so maybe they can figure out the logistics to make it happen.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 11-03-2018 02:07 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, Tarbaby said that they could??

Old Post 11-03-2018 03:48 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Oh my goodness, Tarbaby said that they could??

Tar's hoping they can in the future along with numerous others.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 11-03-2018 04:37 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RatDog
UKC Forum Member

hunting hunt director or moh

Its time

Old Post 11-03-2018 06:01 PM
RatDog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RatDog Click here to Send RatDog a Private Message Find more posts by RatDog Add RatDog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

They are worried about scratchable offences questions being heard with a hunt director not present to establish a panel. Already if a hunt you go to has a hunt director you have to wait for 3 people to make up your panel anyway. Many have been hunting under the hunting hunt director for years with no problems. The difference is as I have said before is the scratch mentality in ukc is much more prominent than in others. In others questions cost $ to be heard and if you are wrong you don't get it back so the frivolous reaching questions don't get put on the card. Scratching questions very seldom do because those who may scratch for anything that is not cut and dry know that if questioned they most likely won't be finishing the cast either because they have to wait on that panel too. There is also the option of panels over the phone which happens in other kc's and UKC already allows for misconduct hearings.
Last year at out $kc hunts we had one question brought in many years we've had none. We've never had a scratchable offence question come in ever and have only had one panel assembled to determine the scoring of a tree, this is in years of having these hunts.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 11-03-2018 07:35 PM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Hunt directors being able to leave the grounds is something that many clubs are enquiring about and it could make their keeping the doors open easier.
I'm interested in hearing from those who host hunts in other kc's where the hunt director does not stay at the building pro's and con's of your clubs experience. Why it works or problems you may have had. Put it out here for UKC to see and consider.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 11-03-2018 10:01 PM
rooster731
UKC Forum Member

Only question i have ever seen brought back in the other kc i happen t be on the cast with hunt director. He got the phone call that he was needed back. Told them we were almost thru with our cast an would be there in a few minutes. Our cast all rode together so he had his panel with him when he returned. If a club has enough problems that the hunt director goin to the woods would cause problems then the club has bigger issues

Old Post 11-04-2018 02:54 AM
rooster731 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rooster731 Click here to Send rooster731 a Private Message Find more posts by rooster731 Add rooster731 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

I don’t see any reason why a HD can’t hunt, but trying to sale this to UKC with the idea that putting one more person in the woods is gonna save lots of local clubs is sad, I understand the challenge getting someone to sit at the club an not get to hunt but if that’s gonna make or break your club, your not gonna make it!

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 11-04-2018 12:03 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by nitehunter2004
I don’t see any reason why a HD can’t hunt, but trying to sale this to UKC with the idea that putting one more person in the woods is gonna save lots of local clubs is sad, I understand the challenge getting someone to sit at the club an not get to hunt but if that’s gonna make or break your club, your not gonna make it!

Even the one's who's doors will remain open are requesting. A club we visited a couple of weeks ago each time they have a hunt one of their members that would otherwise be in the woods either hunting, guiding or both take turns setting and waiting for cast to return. For questions to be heard they still have to wait for enough people to return to hear a question anyway. They had a question come in on driving to trees, something like a few others that was made policy by the advisor not a rule change and if the breeds would like to keep needs put in and clarified in the rules, if it had been on the card the man wouldn't have questioned it.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 11-04-2018 03:27 PM
Jack Bingham
UKC Forum Member

Like Cheyenne said even if a question is brought back they would have to wait for other cast to get back to form a panel. It's ridiculous that the hunt director can't hunt that's one more entry that the club does'nt get.
We have 9 Ukc hunts a year at our club. in the last 10 years i could count on one hand how many questions have been brought back in. It's time to let the hunt directors hunt.

A screw up on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

HOME OF

GRNitech PKC Platinum CH PR Mosquito Creek Danno's Buggs 2018 American Redbone Champion. 2019 World Champion Female. 2020 PURINA NATIONALS CH.

GRNITE CH Mosquito Creek Hank 2020 top 100

NITE CH SILVER CH Jersey Girl 2020 Top 100

GRNITE CH SILVER CH. Wipeout Small Pox 2020 Top 100

NITECH River Valley Rain

R.I.P.
GRNitech PKC CH GRCH Awesome Mosquito Crk. Lick 2016 World Champion Redbone Female

R.I.P.
DUAL GRAND PR ANDREWS MOSQUITO CREEK GO MAN SAM DNA-P

R.I.P.
GRNITECH PR Thunder creek Squeller 2cast wins NRCA. 4 cast wins AKC qualified for AKC 2009,2010,2011 world hunt. Qualified for 2008,2009 and 2010 UKC worlds. World Finalist at the 2010 UKC Worlds. Money won in PKC

R.I.P. NITECH PR Faith's Image ( 3-UKC 1st) cast win at NRCA 6TH AT ARCA Money won in PKC

Look us up on Facebook: Mosquito Creek Redbones

Old Post 11-04-2018 05:00 PM
Jack Bingham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jack Bingham Click here to Send Jack Bingham a Private Message Click Here to Email Jack Bingham Visit Jack Bingham's homepage! Find more posts by Jack Bingham Add Jack Bingham to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
awfred
UKC Forum Member

I have sat in many clubs alone until the cast start to return. If I was working under the HD format I would have to wait till someone comes back I cannot extend dead line for that so they ain't gona have enough time anyhow. Not just my club but others I would have know one to call in to hear it. So clubs that use HD format need to have a panel dedicated if needed too make it work, and folks just ain't dedicated. There is another situation where a HD or MOH have too be there and that is for a cast that has to return for a non hunting judge. HD could handle this but if he is gone on cast he can't untill he gets back, which he can extend the deadline for a cast that has come back down to one. That kinda sucks for the other cast winners waiting around to see where they place( which ain't gona matter after dec) So I think clubs using the HD format should be certain they have dedicated volunteers to call on and still still make HD stay there, get a handler for your dog let him do his job and you do yours, or don't use the format.

Old Post 11-06-2018 03:21 AM
awfred is offline Click Here to See the Profile for awfred Click here to Send awfred a Private Message Find more posts by awfred Add awfred to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jack Bingham
UKC Forum Member

Good luck finding 3 dedicated people to sit around on a panel and wait all night. Hell some clubs can't come up with 3 guides.

HOME OF

GRNitech PKC Platinum CH PR Mosquito Creek Danno's Buggs 2018 American Redbone Champion. 2019 World Champion Female. 2020 PURINA NATIONALS CH.

NITECH River Valley Rain

R.I.P.
GRNitech PKC CH GRCH Awesome Mosquito Crk. Lick 2016 World Champion Redbone Female

R.I.P.

R.I.P.
GRNITECH PR Thunder creek Squeller 2cast wins NRCA. 4 cast wins AKC qualified for AKC 2009,2010,2011 world hunt. Qualified for 2008,2009 and 2010 UKC worlds. World Finalist at the 2010 UKC Worlds. Money won in PKC

R.I.P. NITECH PR Faith's Image ( 3-UKC 1st) cast win at NRCA 6TH AT ARCA Money won in PKC

Old Post 11-06-2018 07:59 PM
Jack Bingham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jack Bingham Click here to Send Jack Bingham a Private Message Click Here to Email Jack Bingham Visit Jack Bingham's homepage! Find more posts by Jack Bingham Add Jack Bingham to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

If you consistently have questions presented at your hunts. You don't have a moh , hunt director, or panel problem you got a integrity of your club members problem simple as that !!

All the moh or hunt director are for down here is to fill out the paperwork after the hunt and cook breakfast simple as that !!

Tar

Old Post 11-06-2018 08:16 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
awfred
UKC Forum Member

My point was not that we have lots of questions my point was it takes more people to deal with one IF it should arise under the HD, and that there is almost never enough people just hanging out. The only problem we had this year was cast getting down to one dog and needing a non hunting judge, MOH handled it and the feller went back hunting.

Old Post 11-07-2018 05:16 PM
awfred is offline Click Here to See the Profile for awfred Click here to Send awfred a Private Message Find more posts by awfred Add awfred to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Well just the way I look at it now all your going to get is cast wins. Soooo if it's down to just one dog and he has plus points no need to send him back out give him his win slip.

After the first of the year it won't matter if you got 25+ or 2,500+ just cast wins.

Tar

Last edited by yadkintar on 11-09-2018 at 01:08 PM

Old Post 11-09-2018 01:04 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

Hunt Director. Worst thing that ever happened to the rule book as printed. So few of them know a rule, and even then its a panel of cooks and folks who have not and will not go on a hunt deciding your fate. Yep, Hunt director. Its always fun to see what a panel will dream up next. There is no accountability in that format. I will take my chances with someone who at least had to pass a test, even if it was 50 years ago.

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 11-09-2018 04:01 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Robert Johnson
Hunt Director. Worst thing that ever happened to the rule book as printed. So few of them know a rule, and even then its a panel of cooks and folks who have not and will not go on a hunt deciding your fate. Yep, Hunt director. Its always fun to see what a panel will dream up next. There is no accountability in that format. I will take my chances with someone who at least had to pass a test, even if it was 50 years ago.
Tell em Rock !!!!!

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 11-09-2018 04:10 PM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Rock only one thing ain't nobody stepping up to take those test ! And I for one don't like setting in a delapedated cold or hot building talking to myself for 8 hrs but I know you work bigger venues than me !

Tar

Old Post 11-09-2018 04:15 PM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Many of the hunters know the rules better than many moh.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 11-09-2018 04:43 PM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia

That’s rite, just ask if you don’t believe that! But they still can’t answer questions put on a score card!

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 11-09-2018 05:06 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Got two other kc's doing it with the hunt director hunting go over there and see how many cheating threads you see. Their major hunt had a 1000 + dogs at it and we got more cheating threads for a 4 dog hunt than they do for a 1000 duh maybe we should do what they do huuuuuuuuuh !

Tar

Old Post 11-09-2018 06:42 PM
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

Folks it really doesn't matter to me which they use, that was only my opinion. It has nothing to do with anyone else's opinion, and there are many different ones on here, but where I am from, a panel for a UKC hunt question is nothing more than a joke. The answers you get are 3 different versions of a mixture of all kc rules, and when they are done, they have you so mixed up you will almost believe them. It is really sad.

Now with that said, I think a hunt director should be able to hunt, since he isn't the final authority on a question. We have been told time and time again that someone should be at the clubhouse to help the lost or out of pocket hunters. With the technology we have today, most won't get lost, but then what happens when they have to return for non hunting judge, which most will not have available until a cast gets back anyway. Lots of angles to figure, but I believe they could be worked through for the most part. I do know this, I won't hunt direct and have to sit at the club house. If that is the case its moh for me or I am hunting, or going home. I like my bed too. I can't see where hunt director have helped anything other than to stop the transfer of club monies to a greedy moh. JMO!

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 11-09-2018 07:16 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jack Bingham
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia

Exactly right. I'll take my chances with a panel of hunters. I've seen master hounds at the finals and zones make bad calls and there supposed to be the best UKC has to offer and with no option to appeal your screwed. And this is not pointed at you Rock I've never had a bad hunt with you in charge.

HOME OF

NITECH River Valley Rain

R.I.P.

R.I.P.

R.I.P.

Last edited by Jack Bingham on 11-09-2018 at 07:28 PM

Old Post 11-09-2018 07:21 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Rock I know we need a moh at major hunts. But local hunts it's just a waste of time setting there all night for 5 or 6 dogs. Usually the same ones. I started judging the bench shows for my night hunt entry now that's where the shortage is trying to grand show champion a dog down here is a struggle getting wins under different judges.

Tar

Old Post 11-09-2018 07:23 PM