UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Dan’s Briarproof Coat
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Chris Snyder
UKC Forum Member

Dan’s Briarproof Coat

Does anyone know what kind of warranty if any a Dans Coat would have? Ive had this coat several years and love it but the area from the armpit to the waistline on both arms has come apart.

Id like to send it back to get repaired if possible. Any suggestions?

If they dont warranty it is there anyone that fixes nylon coats? Thanks.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-19-2018 03:59 AM
Chris Snyder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Snyder Click here to Send Chris Snyder a Private Message Find more posts by Chris Snyder Add Chris Snyder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim Hoeck
UKC Forum Member

Your just going to have to buy a new one.

Old Post 11-19-2018 03:44 PM
Tim Hoeck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim Hoeck Click here to Send Tim Hoeck a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim Hoeck Find more posts by Tim Hoeck Add Tim Hoeck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

My wife always sews up my coats and bibs when I tear them. I will ask her if she will sew yours up for you.

Old Post 11-19-2018 03:57 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chris Snyder
UKC Forum Member

New One

Now why would I want to do that if it can be fixed? This coat is broke in like an old pair of blue jeans. Also, covered with enough coon grease to stay waterproof for another 10 yrs.

Richard, I applaud you for having a wife that still can operate a sewing machine. Todays women would hurt themselves trying to run one.

Old Post 11-20-2018 12:41 PM
Chris Snyder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Snyder Click here to Send Chris Snyder a Private Message Find more posts by Chris Snyder Add Chris Snyder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Truth be known it's probably Richard at the sewing machine.

Old Post 11-20-2018 12:43 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkinriver
Truth be known it's probably Richard at the sewing machine.

Richard is more of a duct tape kinda guy.

Old Post 11-20-2018 01:07 PM
Adam Wingler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Wingler Click here to Send Adam Wingler a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam Wingler Find more posts by Adam Wingler Add Adam Wingler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Adam, you are right. I go through a roll of duct tape every week. And I tried the cheaper brands but they are not as good.
Chris, my wife is old school. If I rip something, I don't buy a new one. She sews it up. I have a pair of nylon bibs that I have had for 15 years. I wear them hunting at home and she bought me a new pair for "special occasions" like Redbone Days.
If you have a coat and bibs for everyday/night and one for special occasions, "you might be a redneck".

Old Post 11-20-2018 01:56 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
James Garrison
UKC Forum Member

Came home one nite wife had a new super duper sewing machine that has computer in it, she programs into it and walks away while the machine just sews and hums along. What did that cost little lady? $4,000 why?. Lot of money. What did that last coonhound cost? Well she still has her machine and I still got my dog.

Gr. Nt. Ch. Garrisons Brindle Hobo
Gr. Nt. Ch. Garrisons Brindle Luke
Gr. Nt. Ch. Garrisons Brindle Honey
Nite Ch. Garrisons Brindle Lead Nite Ch. Garrisons Brindle Belle
Nite Champion Garrisons Brindle Buckshot HTX
At Stud Grand Nite Ch. Garrisons Brindle Trax

Old Post 11-20-2018 02:12 PM
James Garrison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for James Garrison Click here to Send James Garrison a Private Message Click Here to Email James Garrison Find more posts by James Garrison Add James Garrison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chris Snyder
UKC Forum Member

Jim

Thats seems like a fair trade to me!

When I find stuff that works I tend to stick with it. Women, dogs, vehicles, tracking systems and hunt clothes. So Im hoping I can get this ol reliable coat stitched up.

Might have to break out the needle and thread. Never sewed nylon before.

Old Post 11-20-2018 04:24 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Chris, safety pins and duct tape, as long as you don't wash it you are good to go....

Old Post 11-20-2018 04:45 PM