UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Autumn Oak Question
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Yard Dog Joker
Banned

Autumn Oak Question

Why in creation when you confirm entry and you get your cast number do they make you wait until 4pm to tell you where your going to hunt at? I have never understood this. Would be so nice to not have to stand around for several hours waiting when you can plan the rest of your day at the Oaks after you confirm your entry by 1pm to either go take a nap, shop around the fairgrounds, head out early and go to your satellite club early ect. Can someone help me understand the thinking of keeping everyone until 4pm?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-19-2018 08:36 AM
Yard Dog Joker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Yard Dog Joker Click here to Send Yard Dog Joker a Private Message Find more posts by Yard Dog Joker Add Yard Dog Joker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harleydan1956
UKC Forum Member

IMO. It takes a while to draw approximately 300 dogs into casts. Then confirm guides from satellite clubs and on grounds, then make sure each club gets there number of casts. Put directions to each cast. Then getting everyone in there to let them know where they are going. If you confirm at 1:00.. go shop till 4:00... nap till 4:00... Odds are you ain't leaving for a couple hours anyway. Then do whatever. I have even seen satellite clubs not have food. I have seen local clubs hold an event of 100 dogs and take 45 minutes. I think they do very well.

Canton, ohio
330-904-3392

Home of:
Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Moonlight Serenade... Gr. Ch. Nite Ch PR Hillbillys Smokey River Dutch HTX X Gr. Ch. Nite CH. PR Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara
Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Lil Bit of Respect.... Ch. Nite Ch PR Shivers' Magic Lead X GR. Ch. Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Betty Jane
PR. Lethal Blue Tayen Grace..... Nite Ch. Pr Coffins creek running J.R. X Gr Ch Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Moonlite Serenade.

Gone but never forgotten
Gr. Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara... Dual Gr. Ch PR Bowens Blue Deuce X Ch. Nite Ch. PR Becky.

Gr Ch Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Betty Jane...... PR. Crites Soggy Bottom Blue Banjo X PR. Mosquito Creek Tree mamma Sis

Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Rattlin Samantha ... Dual Gr Ch PR Mid Ohio Rattlin Sam X Gr Ch PR. Lethal Blue Jet's Xena

Gr. Ch. Nite Ch Hillbilly's Smokey River Blue Dutch HTX..... Gr. Ch. Gr. Nite Ch Pr. Smokey River Tramp's Blue Lake and Pr. Misty River Blue Doll III.
(Dutch wasn't ours, but he was here and like one of the family)

Pr. Dan's little Porter.... my last beagle...

Old Post 09-19-2018 01:39 PM
harleydan1956 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for harleydan1956 Click here to Send harleydan1956 a Private Message Click Here to Email harleydan1956 Find more posts by harleydan1956 Add harleydan1956 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoosier Man1
UKC Forum Member

Re: Autumn Oak Question

quote:
Originally posted by Yard Dog Joker
Why in creation when you confirm entry and you get your cast number do they make you wait until 4pm to tell you where your going to hunt at? I have never understood this. Would be so nice to not have to stand around for several hours waiting when you can plan the rest of your day at the Oaks after you confirm your entry by 1pm to either go take a nap, shop around the fairgrounds, head out early and go to your satellite club early ect. Can someone help me understand the thinking of keeping everyone until 4pm?

I believe only the wait listed dogs are the ones that have to wait to be drawn out Into casts after confirming by 1. I could be wrong tho..

Grand Nite Ch HOF PKC Silver Ch Heatseaker Unleash the Kraken(Grand at 15 months old) BBOA Overall 1st place X2, Tournament of Champions Finalist, National Bluetic Days overall winner, Autumn Oaks Grand 16x2 PKC SS Semi Finalist PKC State Hunt Final 4 UKC World Top 20
GRNT CH BLUES AMAZING GRACE
Trevor Hack
567-231-7413

Old Post 09-20-2018 04:00 AM
Hoosier Man1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Man1 Click here to Send Hoosier Man1 a Private Message Find more posts by Hoosier Man1 Add Hoosier Man1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote