UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Here is a scary thought. LOL
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Here is a scary thought. LOL

You start out as a young man. Knowing you have a lot to learn. You are full of energy and learn quickly. You study all aspects of coon hunting. From dogs and their care and breeding. To coon hunting supplies and how they are made and work. You travel around and experience hunting in different parts of the Country. You then start to notice the future hunts are less and the past is full of memories. Like an old elephant heading to their final resting place. Only for Coon Hunters their final stop is the UKC message board. Now thats a scary thought. But a good place to rest.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-29-2020 03:26 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Scary thought? My six month old pup treed a coon last night. I'm 76 years old. In her peak years I could be in a nursing home being spoon fed soft food with a bib around my neck. That's a scary thought.

Old Post 01-29-2020 04:10 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Donald Bergeron

I took a nasty fall yesterday unloading round bales of hay, blew my knee out, did not know if I could make it back to the house as my leg would not hold me up. Finally got to the house ( wife at work ) should have called 911 but did not ( macho man ) Can not walk at all today and wife and I are trying to figure out how to get me to the hospital without calling an ambulance, she is gone to try and buy or rent wheelchair, most likely going to need an ambulance. Suffered with pain all night in silience ( Mr. Macho) , think I am about ready to fire Mr. Macho and get to the hospital asap. It's scary thinking one minute you are fine the next minute you can not even walk. Lol. Dave

Old Post 01-29-2020 04:31 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

This getting old is not a pretty thing. Dave wishing you the best. But this just confirms what Bruce was saying, Here is Dave in pain and still on the net.

Old Post 01-29-2020 06:49 PM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BAS
UKC Forum Member

AGE is a rough and deadly disease
But there is only one alternative to getting old and it is not good!

Old Post 01-29-2020 07:37 PM
BAS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BAS Click here to Send BAS a Private Message Click Here to Email BAS Find more posts by BAS Add BAS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

We listened and learned and respected our elders when I was young they were a wealth of knowledge. Now to the young ones all old folks are big dummies and their dogs are no good. And when they leave a hunt us old folks get to pick up their trash.

And to think I passed up being a brain surgeon for this lol.

Tar

Old Post 01-29-2020 08:17 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Tar, it ain't too late. I saw on the news a while back, an 82 year old woman got her college degree. I say go for it. I'll be your first patient. My brain needs some fixin'.

Old Post 01-29-2020 08:47 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
Tar, it ain't too late. I saw on the news a while back, an 82 year old woman got her college degree. I say go for it. I'll be your first patient. My brain needs some fixin'.

Neh!! I got my wife a new set of pioneer woman pots and pans I use them a lot think I will be a chef.

Tar

Old Post 01-29-2020 08:52 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

The toughest, roughest, hardest thing I've ever done is getting old!!

Old Post 01-29-2020 09:41 PM
2ol2hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2ol2hunt Click here to Send 2ol2hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email 2ol2hunt Find more posts by 2ol2hunt Add 2ol2hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Just hope my mind never thinks I'm as old as my body says I am.

Old Post 01-29-2020 09:42 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

I keep a quote in my phone from the movie actress, Bette Davis "Old age ain't no place for sissies".

Old Post 01-29-2020 09:45 PM
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

quote:
I keep a quote in my phone from the movie actress, Bette Davis "Old age ain't no place for sissies".

You got that right 👌

Old Post 01-29-2020 09:49 PM
2ol2hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2ol2hunt Click here to Send 2ol2hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email 2ol2hunt Find more posts by 2ol2hunt Add 2ol2hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
4play
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Scary thought? My six month old pup treed a coon last night. I'm 76 years old. In her peak years I could be in a nursing home being spoon fed soft food with a bib around my neck. That's a scary thought.

LOL,cracked me up

Nitech Stylish Clover Shark Jill - RIP 'Ole Girl
{Great White Shark x Brush Creek Patch}

Old Post 01-29-2020 10:34 PM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Preacher Tom
Just hope my mind never thinks I'm as old as my body says I am.

My brain is slowly starting to realize my body isn’t keeping up with it like it used to...

Old Post 01-30-2020 12:46 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Reuben
My brain is slowly starting to realize my body isn’t keeping up with it like it used to...

I still got all but two of my teeth and most of my hair I just can’t remember where I put them.

Tar

Old Post 01-30-2020 12:52 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Update

Hours at the hospital, txrays and cat scan showed broken bone under kneecap, but due to the amount of swelling they really don't know the full extent of my injury. Dr. Put me in knee brace and crutches with ice packs over the next few days to get the swelling down where they can evaluate the full damage and whether surgery will be needed. Sent me home with follow up Monday ortho doctor. Yes, I still have my iPad and this message board for entertainment, Tar watch out, pain makes a man mean. Lol. Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 01-30-2020 at 03:11 AM

Old Post 01-30-2020 03:00 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Dave the good thing is you can go right on coonhunting at least internet coonhunting.

Old Post 01-30-2020 03:23 AM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Dave, I'm hoping this heals up quickly so you can get those dogs above average.

Last edited by shadinc on 01-30-2020 at 03:50 PM

Old Post 01-30-2020 03:51 AM
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

Sorry Dave!! But it just goes to show you what happens when you be mean to Tar!! Lol.... get well soon!

Old Post 01-30-2020 11:13 AM
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Update

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Hours at the hospital, txrays and cat scan showed broken bone under kneecap, but due to the amount of swelling they really don't know the full extent of my injury. Dr. Put me in knee brace and crutches with ice packs over the next few days to get the swelling down where they can evaluate the full damage and whether surgery will be needed. Sent me home with follow up Monday ortho doctor. Yes, I still have my iPad and this message board for entertainment, Tar watch out, pain makes a man mean. Lol. Dave

I got a titanium disk in my back both knees done a plate and 10 screws in my ankle and a pin in my left elbow and a whole bunch of arthritis ........... everywhere ! I know what pain is and yes it will make you grumpy almost to the point to where you got 6 herb dispensaries in your town and you wonder why you just don’t partake with everybody else lol.

Tar

Last edited by yadkintar on 01-30-2020 at 02:54 PM

Old Post 01-30-2020 12:51 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I Pray you feel better soon and make a full recovery. I might suggest that if your going to be without wheels for very long you go ahead and graduate to FACEBOOK. There is enough entertainment over there you won't get bored in you recliner.

Old Post 01-30-2020 01:23 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SLR
UKC Forum Member

X

Hopefully a full quick recovery

Old Post 01-30-2020 03:53 PM
SLR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SLR Click here to Send SLR a Private Message Click Here to Email SLR Find more posts by SLR Add SLR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

Tar, are you sure your street name is not lucky?

Old Post 01-30-2020 04:37 PM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Roy Grant
Tar, are you sure your street name is not lucky?

Wasent the fall that got me it was the sudden stop at the bottom lol.

Tar

Old Post 01-30-2020 05:12 PM
Larry Atherton
UKC Forum Member

Dave,

Man that doesn't sound good. Our woods are snowy, icy, and wet. I fell while hunting 3 weeks ago. I was fine until the next morning when my hand was swollen. The darn thing is still swollen, but luckily it is only soft tissue damage. Every time something like this happens to me I hear my mother in-law's voice in my head. " Growing old is not for sissys."

I wish you a speedy recovery, and will include you in my prayers.

Aim small miss small

Old Post 01-30-2020 05:44 PM
Larry Atherton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Atherton Click here to Send Larry Atherton a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Atherton Visit Larry Atherton's homepage! Find more posts by Larry Atherton Add Larry Atherton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote