UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Misty River Kennels
Pages (77): « First ... « 63 64 [65] 66 67 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bubba D's Blues
UKC Forum Member

Pups

Sent u a pm

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-15-2019 06:21 AM
Bubba D's Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bubba D's Blues Click here to Send Bubba D's Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Bubba D's Blues Add Bubba D's Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ed Mauney
UKC Forum Member

Pups

Dang Mr. Jack you have done it again!!! They are fine looking little dudes. We will be reading about them for awhile.

Old Post 07-18-2019 04:01 PM
Ed Mauney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ed Mauney Click here to Send Ed Mauney a Private Message Click Here to Email Ed Mauney Find more posts by Ed Mauney Add Ed Mauney to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Agree Ed

That is as nice a litter as any I have seen in a long time. Sure hope mine look that good when they get here in Sept.. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 07-18-2019 07:20 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Lake and Sheba 11 pups

Thank you Mr. Ed and Ron for the compliments on the pups. Sheba 11 did all the work. I just carried the feed. It means everything when you have a good mama dog. All 11 of them is still doing fine. They will be 5 weeks old tomorrow. They will all make the trip to the Vet. Monday for their first shots and a good check up. Thanks again guys for the compliments. It's hard to get them all in one picture unless they are on the feed bowl.

Last edited by Misty river on 07-20-2019 at 01:05 AM

Old Post 07-20-2019 12:51 AM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bubba D's Blues
UKC Forum Member

Pup

I sure like that blanket backed pup.

Old Post 07-20-2019 02:52 AM
Bubba D's Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bubba D's Blues Click here to Send Bubba D's Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Bubba D's Blues Add Bubba D's Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba

Took old Sheba out for a run tonight. She hasn't been out since cool weather and she is like me, done got old and fat and very out of shape for a night as hot as it was tonight, but we decided to give it a try anyway. There is a couple of sweet corn patches back toward the river and we went to these. The first one we tried, didn't get a strike so we went to the next one. She struck one in it and moved it out the backside and thru the first section of woods and crossed a woods road that goes into some camps on the river. about 20 yards across the road she locked up treed. The old girl still sounds pretty good. She was in a thick place and I had to cut my way into where she was. I had to cut out a place around her where I could see her and get a picture. She was treed on some vines going up into a big hardwood tree.
Sheba had done got really hot. I had to go back outon the road to shine the tree. I finally found him looking at me from the backside. I decided to get Sheba out of there and get her cooled off and leave the coon for another night, so I leashed her up and we made our way back to the 4-wheeler and called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 07-20-2019 at 06:01 AM

Old Post 07-20-2019 05:40 AM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba

Took old Sheba back to the cornfield tonight, again the first field we cast in, never got a bark. I checked it and its still a little young and they are not hitting it yet. We went back to the older field. The younger field is a sweet corn patch and the older field is a regular corn field about 3 acres. The owner thinks the coons are ruining his field, and there are a few coons in there, but every night I go there, there is anywhere from 25 to 50 deer in that field. Sheba struck a coon in there tonight and took it out the back side into the woods and went in about 100 yard and treed. I walked in to her and she was treed up a small hardwood, that went into a bigger tree and I found the coon in the bigger tree. Sheba had done got hot again so we left the coon to run again. Walked back to the 4-wheeler and called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 07-21-2019 at 04:51 AM

Old Post 07-21-2019 04:35 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba

the nearest suntrust bank

Took old Sheba back to the cornfields tonight. Still didn't strike a coon in the young field, so we went on to the older field and she got one going pretty quick there. Took him out the back side of the field and into the woods. Made about a 100 yard circle into the woods and came out to the big oaks on the tree line next to the field and loaded up treed. I shined the tree and it didn't take long to find the coon. Old Sheba hasn't had a coon shot out to her in a long time so I gave her this one. When she was through wit it she was pretty well worn out. She will be 11 years old in December. We called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 07-24-2019 at 04:53 AM

Old Post 07-24-2019 04:42 AM
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

Old Sheba

Great to see you still hunting the old gal Mr Jack!

I co-own a female with a good friend of mine. She’s 9-1/2 years old now, but still loves to go. We finally got some cooler weather and I took her tonight. She managed to slip up on a sick one and show us some eyes in a tree. I’ve owned another dog with more raw coon treeing ability, but when it comes to an all around balanced hound she’s been my dog of a lifetime. Like old Sheba, our old gal still sounds pretty darn good doing what she loves to do. The good ones get old way too quick!

Keep after them Mr Jack! I enjoy reading your thread!

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Nt Ch Becky’s Midnite Blue Hank - R.I.P. Old Boy, thank you for the memories

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!

Old Post 07-24-2019 07:11 AM
Vic Stoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vic Stoll Click here to Send Vic Stoll a Private Message Find more posts by Vic Stoll Add Vic Stoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Nice looking gyp. Enjoy keeping up with your hunts.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Old Post 07-24-2019 03:21 PM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

It sure was good to get Sheba 11 back in the woods tonight after about a 6 month lay off to have a litter of pups. I made 2 drops in the cornfields and she treed 2 coons. Between the deer and the coons there is not a lot of corn left. The first one it was so thick in there I could hardly see any of the tree and I didn't see the coon. The second one was in much better woods and I found the coon pretty quick. I was hot out there tonight and Sheba had done got pretty warm so we called it a night and came in.

Thank you Vic and Dennis, Glad ya'll like the thread. I enjoy the hunts and enjoy writing about them. Vic I do enjoy hunting Old Sheba. She has been a good one since she was about 9 months old. She can still tree coons like she once did , it just takes her a little longer to do it. It just breaks my heart to see her set in the pen as bad as she wants to go. I know there will come a time when us and them will have their last hunt. Take care.

Last edited by Misty river on 07-31-2019 at 06:19 AM

Old Post 07-31-2019 05:54 AM
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

Sounds like she never missed a step. And them pups sure looked great, bet they make good ones.

Old Post 07-31-2019 02:19 PM
BigContry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigContry Click here to Send BigContry a Private Message Click Here to Email BigContry Find more posts by BigContry Add BigContry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

Sounds like she never missed a step. And them pups sure looked great, bet they make good ones.

Old Post 07-31-2019 02:19 PM
BigContry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigContry Click here to Send BigContry a Private Message Click Here to Email BigContry Find more posts by BigContry Add BigContry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

Took Sheba to the cornfields tonight, Dropped her off in the first one. She struck and went out the back side of the field into the woods for about 100 yards and locked up treed. I could see the coons eyes from the field on the backside of the tree, but when I walked into the tree, it was so thick in there that I never could find him again. I leashed Sheba and we moved on down the road aways to the next patch. She struck one there and moved it out of the field to where there was about 3 or 4 trees growing out close to the field. Sheba went into these and locked up treed. I walked about half way around those trees shinning and found the coon sitting up near the top. I petted up Sheba and we rode on down to the swamp. I turned her up a branch and she went up it for about 200 yards and struck a working track and worked it on in another 200 yards and locked up treed. I rode around to about 50 yards of her and walked on in. the tree that she was treed up was just a big canopy the went into several trees and one big Turkey Pine. I shined it for a few minutes, but I wasn't expecting to see anything up in all that thick stuff. I leashed up Sheba and we called it a night.

Thank you Mr. Tommy for the kind words on Sheba and the pups.

Last edited by Misty river on 08-03-2019 at 07:27 AM

Old Post 08-03-2019 07:06 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

picture hoster

photo sharing

Was good to have Clayton Daniels back hunting with me again last night. It had probably been a year or more since he had been hunting with me, but you could tell that the old coonhunting spark was still there. We hunted Sheba 11 and really had a good hunt. I think we treed 4 coons and looked at 3 of them. Although she looked good. I don't think she was feeling her best as she was dripping a little blood tonight and I think She might have an infection from having the pups. I will take her to the Vet tomorrow and get her on antibiotics.

Last edited by Misty river on 08-07-2019 at 07:20 AM

Old Post 08-07-2019 07:00 AM
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Jack I want to thank you for giving Landon Trott my name and number. He came by Monday and picked up a beautiful female pup. He sure seem like a good young man.. Thanks again.

Old Post 08-15-2019 07:32 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Anytime Mr. Tommy I knew that If you had a pup it would probably make a good one. Take Care.

Old Post 08-16-2019 12:45 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

Took Sheba out for a run tonight. Turned her up a branch that runs through the swamp on its way to the river. She went in about 450 yards and struck worked it on in a couple hundred yards and treed. I rode in through some old deer plots to get closer. I parked the 4-wheeler at the edge of a deer plot and walked on in. She was still about 200 yards. She was treed up a large tree loaded with grape vines. It was pretty thick in there and I could only find 1 spot that I could see just a small part of the tree, but when I hit the squaller he looked at me. I petted Sheba up and we headed to the branch to get her some water. It sure was hot out there tonight.

Last edited by Misty river on 08-16-2019 at 05:11 AM

Old Post 08-16-2019 04:52 AM
Ed Mauney
UKC Forum Member

Heat

You be careful in that heat Mr. Jack. Its not hard to get to much of it at this stage of the game.

Old Post 08-17-2019 05:06 PM
Ed Mauney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ed Mauney Click here to Send Ed Mauney a Private Message Click Here to Email Ed Mauney Find more posts by Ed Mauney Add Ed Mauney to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Hi Mr Jack!

Hope all is well. What a great looking litter. I wish you the best with them. I have been laid up for the last 10 months recovering from my back surgery but am ready to get back at it. I had Jack at a guy's place to get hunted but got him back home this morning.

Take Care,
Scott

Floyd's Shine On (GrNiteCh Pink Floyd x GrNiteCh Oklahoma Blue Creek)

Gone but not forgotten:
GrNiteCh Mose's Pink Floyd (GrNiteCh Dean's Blue Mose X GrNiteCh B&D's Blue Ruby) Hollis-VH
GrNiteCh GrCh Bullet II's Code Blue Cricket (GrCh GrNiteCh 'PR' Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X NiteCh Ch JJ's Code Blue Jenny)
Ch GrNiteCh Smokey River Blue Tramp II (GrCh GrNiteCh Smokey River Jean's Blue Tramp X Ch NiteCh Misty River Blue Doll IV)
GrNiteCh GrCh Vining's Hammerhead (Dual Grand Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X Dual Grand Vining Blue Mollie)
GrNiteCh Ch Uchtmans Blue Logan (GrNiteCh Gene's Blue Newton X ChNiteCh Smiley's Blue Lady)
GrNiteCh GrCh Makin' Music Banjo (GrNiteCh Washburn Valley Blue Drip X GrNiteCh GrCh Razor Ridge Unstable Mable)
GrNiteCh. Uncle Pen (GrNiteCh South Shore Drive Blue Kev X GrNiteCh Frosty's Fancy)

Old Post 08-18-2019 03:33 PM
Scott VH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scott VH Click here to Send Scott VH a Private Message Click Here to Email Scott VH Find more posts by Scott VH Add Scott VH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

private image hosting

Took Sheba out for a run tonight, another hot night. Turned her up a branch and she went in about 200 yardsand struck a cold track. Worked it back toward me and treed about 50 yards from me. I walked in to her and she was treed up a nice oak. It was pretty thick in there. I shinned for several minutes, but I never could make him look. We loaded up and moved on down the swamp and I cast her off an old woods road. She went in about 200 yards and struck another cold track Worked it on in another 150 yards and treed. I walked in to her and she was treed up another hugh oak That had muscadine vines in it. I looked for several minutes an finally found him sitting right in the top. I petted Sheba up and we called it a night.

Scott, good to hear from you, I'm glad your back is better and you are fixing to hit the woods again. I sure been missing your thread.

Last edited by Misty river on 08-21-2019 at 05:58 AM

Old Post 08-21-2019 05:40 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

Took Sheba out for a run tonight. The first track was real cold. She treed but I don't think she had him. The second track was a better track and she made quick work of it and I think there were 2 or 3 coons up it. It had a lot of muscadine vines in it. The third track was another cold one and she ended up treed up a tree that had other trees around it and the vines was a big canopy.I could not get him to look. We called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 08-24-2019 at 06:25 AM

Old Post 08-24-2019 06:07 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

Loaded Sheba up tonight and traveled down river a few miles to hunt tonight. When I got there, The swamps were flooded in the low areas. I didn't realize that we had that much rain up above Jackson. I came back up river and it was flooded everywhere. I finally turned Sheba loose in a spot that I didn't figure we would get in the back water and she went in a ways and just come treed. I walked in to her and she was treed up a big hardwood tree and I found her coon pretty quick. I petted her up and we called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 08-29-2019 at 05:42 AM

Old Post 08-29-2019 05:24 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

bb image

Took Sheba in on the river tonight behind my house. Cast her down river. She went in a little over 300 yards and struck a real cold track. She moved I on in another 200 yards a locked up treed. I rode in to about 50 yards of her and walked on in. She was tree up a hugh viney oak. It was too thick up in there to see anything. I shined for a few minutes, but could not get him too look. We loaded up and called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 09-01-2019 at 05:09 AM

Old Post 09-01-2019 05:00 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba11

Took Sheba back to the river tonight. We did about the same as we did last night. She struck an old cold feeder track. worked it 250 yards and locked up treed. I rode in pretty close to her on an old woods road. She was treed up a hugh viney Beech tree. I tried shinning it, but it was just too thick from other trees and vines and leaves. We loaded up and called it a night. It sure was hot out there tonight.

Please say a prayer for everyone in Hurricane Dorians path.

Last edited by Misty river on 09-03-2019 at 05:45 AM

Old Post 09-03-2019 05:36 AM