UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Hey any strange "encounters" while hunting?
Pages (23): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Joe Moore
UKC Forum Member

Hey any strange "encounters" while hunting?

just wondered if any thing out of the oridanary like hearing noises or seeing things?

-2004 PKC Youth World Hunt, 3rd place
-2005 UKC PA State Overall Show Champion
-2007 UKC Youh National Hunt, 3rd place

-PKC Silver Ch, GRNTCH 'pr' Tree Stalkins Stylish Striker

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-07-2004 02:27 AM
Joe Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joe Moore Click here to Send Joe Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email Joe Moore Visit Joe Moore's homepage! Find more posts by Joe Moore Add Joe Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dentree
UKC Forum Member

Saw a coon once. Dang, I wish I had that dog back!

Old Post 02-07-2004 02:31 AM
dentree is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dentree Click here to Send dentree a Private Message Click Here to Email dentree Find more posts by dentree Add dentree to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joe Moore
UKC Forum Member

no im seriious about this

Old Post 02-07-2004 02:34 AM
Joe Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joe Moore Click here to Send Joe Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email Joe Moore Visit Joe Moore's homepage! Find more posts by Joe Moore Add Joe Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Libby
UKC Forum Member

BTT

I hear and see things all the time when I am hunting alone. My dogs coming back to me have nearly been shot once or twice and once I ducked from a rising moon! I keep meaning to leave my imagination in the jeep, but often forget to.

I, too, would love to hear stories of things people have seen out in the woods.

Old Post 02-07-2004 02:47 AM
Libby is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Libby Click here to Send Libby a Private Message Find more posts by Libby Add Libby to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
charles
UKC Forum Member

of all things a turkey

hello hunters

while hunting one night me and my partner was standing outside the truck tracking the dogs we heard something tipping out n front of use so we assumed it was one of our pups so we shined the light and out of nowhere came a turkey. he ran toward us we ran from it and it ran head on into the side of the door and knocked itself out when it came too it tried to fly and flew head on into a tree.
by then i was on top of the truck and my partner had gotten inside the truck and locked me out. we still joke about that night.

now i hold on to the keys lol lol lol

god bless

kalepa1@bellsouth.net

Old Post 02-07-2004 03:05 AM
charles is offline Click Here to See the Profile for charles Click here to Send charles a Private Message Click Here to Email charles Find more posts by charles Add charles to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JAYW
UKC Forum Member

STRANGE

SEVERAL, BUT THE MOST MEMORABLE WAS ONE TIME IN SOUTH CAROLINA. TWO OF US WERE HUNTING IN A NEW PLACE. WE WERE GOING TO THE DOGS,WHO WERE TREED, THE FOG WAS REAL THICK. YOU COULD SEE BETTER WITH YOUR LIGHTS OUT,FULL MOON,CUT CORN FIELD AND SOMETHING WAS WALKING ALONG BESIDE US ABOUT FIFTY YARDS AWAY. IT WAS REAL TALL AND ONLY MOVED WHEN WE DID. WE BOTH SAW IT SO WE DIDN'T WASTE TIME SHINING TREE.

Nt. Ch. 'Pr' Southern Shadow
Blue Prince
573-673-1354

Old Post 02-07-2004 03:13 AM
JAYW is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JAYW Click here to Send JAYW a Private Message Click Here to Email JAYW Find more posts by JAYW Add JAYW to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
andy
UKC Forum Member

Jayw........

Seems if though the "Boogey Man" was hunt'in with ya'll!!!!!!!!!!!

BOO!

GRNTCH CH"PR" SNAKE CREEK ALSOME ROOSTER

Old Post 02-07-2004 03:21 AM
andy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for andy Click here to Send andy a Private Message Click Here to Email andy Find more posts by andy Add andy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JAYW
UKC Forum Member

DON'T KNOW, BUT ME AND MY HUNTING PARTNER HAD TWENTY YEARS OF HUNTING EACH AND IT STIIL SPOOKED US!

Blue Prince
573-673-1354

Old Post 02-07-2004 03:25 AM
JAYW is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JAYW Click here to Send JAYW a Private Message Click Here to Email JAYW Find more posts by JAYW Add JAYW to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SoIllcnhntr
UKC Forum Member

We had a bluetick come into our tree one night.LOL

Old Post 02-07-2004 03:45 AM
SoIllcnhntr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SoIllcnhntr Click here to Send SoIllcnhntr a Private Message Click Here to Email SoIllcnhntr Find more posts by SoIllcnhntr Add SoIllcnhntr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brian Gardner
New UKC Forum Member

The first time I took my son, we decided to take a break. We sat down against a tree. After talking for a min, we got quiet to listen for the dogs. Just about the time it got really quiet(you know the quiet I am talking about) a hoot owl about 25 feet above us, in the same tree. Well I still don't know who was more scared! I knew he was hooked the next night when he was ready to go again.

Old Post 02-07-2004 03:46 AM
Brian Gardner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brian Gardner Click here to Send Brian Gardner a Private Message Click Here to Email Brian Gardner Find more posts by Brian Gardner Add Brian Gardner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
andy
UKC Forum Member

SoIllcnhntr...............

We had that happen one night too!!

Strangest thing I ever saw!!!

GRNTCH CH"PR" SNAKE CREEK ALSOME ROOSTER

Old Post 02-07-2004 04:03 AM
andy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for andy Click here to Send andy a Private Message Click Here to Email andy Find more posts by andy Add andy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skyblu
UKC Forum Member

compass spins

Michael Brigman B&T and Richard Nethery were telling me about a place near Pineland where their compass just spins round and round & when they go into the woods in that area they tend to lose their bearings and walk in circles, often returning to their starting point more than once when trying to find their way out of those woods.

Old Post 02-07-2004 04:30 AM
skyblu is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skyblu Click here to Send skyblu a Private Message Click Here to Email skyblu Find more posts by skyblu Add skyblu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jimmie legrand
UKC Forum Member

old time hunter;

Jimmie told me of a hunt he went on and after he turned out the hounds he went and found a fallen tree to sit on while waiting for the dogs to tree, out of nowhere came an old man dressed in hunting gear and sat down and started talking to him. After a little while talking the man told himhe use to hunt those hounds all the time and they sat and listened. Jimmie turned to say something to him about going in to the dogs and he was just gone, and he never seen him again. -Maxine-

REBEL TANK
my girls rebels blck raven rebels honeydo and rebels ruby
the freak dozer

Old Post 02-07-2004 04:44 AM
jimmie legrand is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jimmie legrand Click here to Send jimmie legrand a Private Message Click Here to Email jimmie legrand Find more posts by jimmie legrand Add jimmie legrand to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hardwoodrunner
UKC Forum Member

I have heard and seen things I cant explain. I guess I am to crazy to get skird. Several years ago , and old hunting partner and I were down in the bottoms near a swamp and his dog jumped a deer, went out of hearing at first and in a few minutes turned and started back our way. Getting closer and closer, I told my partner the dog was headed right for us running that deer. I steped behind a wateroak tree and he stayed right in place , the deer jumped a small ditch and run right over him knocking him down , I jumped fer the dog, grabed it by the hind leg, the dog jumped and bit the heck out of my arm, but it was my fault for graping him. We hunted for a years afterwards until my hunting partner died and we laughed about that night , I called him stand your ground John after that night and he called me grab a dog.

Old Post 02-07-2004 10:26 AM
hardwoodrunner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hardwoodrunner Click here to Send hardwoodrunner a Private Message Click Here to Email hardwoodrunner Find more posts by hardwoodrunner Add hardwoodrunner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blue Ice
UKC Forum Member

I have never had too much happen other than hearing all kinds of noises when hunting alone. My daughters boyfriend swears by this that one night down on the river bottoms near a pasture they were sitting there and heard the dogs tree and got up and started to the dogs across the pasture and out of no where comes this real bright light and it was moving on not much more than head high. He said it followed them all the way across the pasture and then as they got to the dogs bam it was gone. I pick on him about that but I will tell you this he is not going in the woods alone. Says that is why.

Home of 'GRNTCH 'GRCH PR' Aaron's Hidden Meadows Blue Max (Bluetick)
Gone But Not Forgotten 6/25/15

NiteCh Dalton's Fathead Coonsmoker Ace (English) Gone but not Forgotten

CH'NiteCh'PR' LoneTree Subzero (Walker) Gone but Not Forgotton 5/25/14

Old Post 02-07-2004 11:36 AM
Blue Ice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blue Ice Click here to Send Blue Ice a Private Message Click Here to Email Blue Ice Find more posts by Blue Ice Add Blue Ice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redtick
Banned

I had this true story printed in Full Cry maybe 20 years ago. It is condenced here. I was hunting late one night and the dogs treed in some posted land. As I was crossing a field, the sky lit up as bright as day. It reminded me of the flares in Viet Nam. I thought, shoot, the game warden has got the National Guard dropping flares, I am busted. After about 20-30 seconds, the light went out. It turned out to a a large meteor burning up in the atmoshere and was reported in the newspaper the next day. I went to the dogs and shot the coon out to them and got the heck out of there.

Last edited by Redtick on 02-07-2004 at 01:35 PM

Old Post 02-07-2004 01:15 PM
Redtick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redtick Click here to Send Redtick a Private Message Click Here to Email Redtick Find more posts by Redtick Add Redtick to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Ashbaugh
UKC Forum Member

This story did not happen to me but to my dad.

He went out Archery hunting deer a really foggy quiet kinda misty morning. Being totally impatient as he is, he started walking around just after light. Over in the woods he sees this sleeping bag of sorts laying on the ground with what looks like a dead body under it. Totally thinking the worst, he sneaks over and slowly picks up the corner not expecting what to see. Just as he lifts the corner a guy underneath sits up from the other side and starts hollering. The guy was just homeless and sleeping in the woods. My dad says he was never so scared in his whole life. Talk about a heart attack.

Ron Ashbaugh
CROOKED FOOT KENNELS

Old Post 02-07-2004 01:27 PM
Ron Ashbaugh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Ashbaugh Click here to Send Ron Ashbaugh a Private Message Find more posts by Ron Ashbaugh Add Ron Ashbaugh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jimmie legrand
UKC Forum Member

bout 15yrs ago the man that got me into coon huntin mr.bowline and me went huntin we were on mules we was ridin down nthrew this field we thought we seen something in this tree we rode the mules up to the spot and it was a person hangin in a tree he was dead hung his self we got out of their went to town and got the police

me and my wife were all set to go one night we got into the woods and for some reason it felt bad didnt turn the hounds loose dont really know what was goin on it just didnt feel right we loaded the hounds back up and went on home ive kinda got this thing if it dont seem right or feelright i dont turn my hounds loose

REBEL TANK
my girls rebels blck raven rebels honeydo and rebels ruby
the freak dozer

Old Post 02-07-2004 01:47 PM
jimmie legrand is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jimmie legrand Click here to Send jimmie legrand a Private Message Click Here to Email jimmie legrand Find more posts by jimmie legrand Add jimmie legrand to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joe Moore
UKC Forum Member

hey

jayw do u have any idea what it could have been thats spooky

Old Post 02-07-2004 09:13 PM
steve temple
UKC Forum Member

wild boar in OH

We was huntin this fall and the dogs struck a track and we was listenin for them to start treeing and while all this was goin on we heard this thrashing in the water and we turned on the spot lights and saw a big boar going up over the sand bar, later that week a guy killed a 300+ sow russian boar in the same hollow we was in, supposedly there is 13 more were that came from

Old Post 02-07-2004 09:28 PM
steve temple is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve temple Click here to Send steve temple a Private Message Click Here to Email steve temple Visit steve temple's homepage! Find more posts by steve temple Add steve temple to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
scapeorekennels
UKC Forum Member

JayW

depending on where you were in SC, it could have been the famous 'lizard man.'

he really exists, so my fellow neighbors say!

bvillehill@ftc-i.net

www.geocities.com/scapeorekennels/hunting_itall.html

Old Post 02-07-2004 09:55 PM
scapeorekennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for scapeorekennels Click here to Send scapeorekennels a Private Message Click Here to Email scapeorekennels Find more posts by scapeorekennels Add scapeorekennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JAYW
UKC Forum Member

NO IDEA WHAT IT WAS. I WAS HUNTING ABOUT THIRTY MILES NORTHWEST OF CHARLESTON. I WAS IN THE NAVY AND LIVED IN GOOSE CREEK,SC AT THE TIME. THATS NOT THE SPOOKIEST THING THAT I'VE HAD HAPPEN.THE SPOOKIEST WAS ON A COMP. HUNT IN LOUISIANA.I WAS GUIDING THE CAST AND WE WERE HUNTING A BIG SECTION IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE.AFTER THE HUNT TIME WAS UP MY DOG WAS DEEP AND STILL TRAILING, SO I LEFT HIM THERE AND TOOK THE CAST BACK TO THE CLUB.WHEN THE CAST ENDED WE WERE ABOUT TWO MILES FROM THE TRUCK DOWN A THREE-WHEELER ROAD. LATER I WENT BACK TO GET MY DOG WITH A FRIEND WHO HAD BEEN SPECTATING ON THE CAST. MY DOG WAS TREED ABOUT WERE WE HAD LAST HEARD HIM SO WE GOT HIM AND STARTED BACK TO THE TRUCK. BY THIS TIME IT IS FOUR IN THE MORNING AND WE WERE MAKING OUR FOURTH TRIP DOWN THAT THREE-WHEELER ROAD. WE GET ABOUT HALF WAY BACK TO THE TRUCK AND THERE IS A RED FLANNEL SHIRT RIPPED TO SHREADS HANGING FROM A TREE LIMB IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD! THAT SHIRT WAS'NT THERE THE FIRST THREE TIMES WE WALKED THAT ROAD. WE DID'NT RUN BUT WE WALKED REALLY FAST THE REST OF THE WAY TO THE TRUCK!

Blue Prince
573-673-1354

Old Post 02-07-2004 10:20 PM
bluehammer3
New UKC Forum Member

well i was deer hunting one morning and i was bout two ridges over from my nearest two friends that were with me. well this is back in the mountains and there ain't no houses for miles and only on road was the road threw a field where my truck is. it was bout 11 and i was bout done hunting hadn't seen anything and i was getting out my stand and saw someone in camo so i thought it was one of my friends ready to go so i thought i would go to him well i got to him and and it this old man with a long graw beard he said i'm sorry i didn't know u was deer hunting in here if i knew that i'd stay out of here and he had this 50lb grass sack and said he was looking for real small hemlock pine trees reall nice guy course i had a a 30-06 on my shoulder but i don't know how he got in there cause i would have heard a truck if it pulled up but we talked for a min and he walked on and i walked to the truck pretty fast. after my friends where in the truck and we was bout home i told them what happen and they laughed and said ur just know tellling us they still aggravate me till this day bout that. but it was still wierd and never seen that man again

Old Post 02-07-2004 10:57 PM
bluehammer3 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bluehammer3 Click Here to Email bluehammer3 Find more posts by bluehammer3 Add bluehammer3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce Ordway
UKC Forum Member

I was standing by a tree one winter night waiting for a dog to open. It was a cold, dry night with no wind. A branch, about four feet long and 3 inches in diameter just feel out of the tree for no reason and hit me right on the top of the head. If not for my bump cap, I'm sure I would have been knocked out. I was woozy for several minutes. Of course I knew it was just coincidence but, it was hard for me to shake the feeling that somebody up there was trying to make a point.

Old Post 02-08-2004 12:49 AM
Bruce Ordway is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce Ordway Click here to Send Bruce Ordway a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce Ordway Visit Bruce Ordway's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce Ordway Add Bruce Ordway to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
A.L
UKC Forum Member

THE SCARIEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO ME WAS ONE TIME I TURNED MY DOG LOOSE AND HE ACTUALLY TREED A COON. I'M GLAD THAT ONLY HAPPENED ONCE..LOL

HEY JAYW, IF I'M EVER HUNTING WITH YOU AND WE SEE SOMETHING LIKE THAT, YOU'RE STAYING HOME THE NEXT TIME

Old Post 02-08-2004 01:26 AM
A.L is offline Click Here to See the Profile for A.L Click here to Send A.L a Private Message Find more posts by A.L Add A.L to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote