UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > The “AIR” of Greatness...
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

The “AIR” of Greatness...

Sometimes in a litter there is a pup that is a little different from his siblings...at eight or so weeks of age he stands squarely with that head held high...with the appearance of a laid back attitude or atmosphere about him...yes he’s a pup and will act like a pup but there is something different about him...he might play hard with his siblings and then he will wander off exploring his surroundings...then he’ll lay down and watch the other pups play...then he’ll jump up and rough house with the best of them...

As a young dog he will show you what a good hunting dog is...

When he gets older he will come off the tailgate and not get in a great big hurry...you will see the dog exhibiting that air of confidence that he is the great one and then he goes in the woods and makes it look easy...he is exciting to watch in action...

If you are a young dogman or dogwoman you need to learn to see these things...some things are easy to see and some are not...

Last edited by Reuben on 04-19-2019 at 02:04 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-18-2019 03:02 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
James B Grice
UKC Forum Member

DALE EARNDHARTS TERM ,,,SEEING THE AIR WHEN DRAFTING ..MOST DRIVERS CANT OR JUST DONT RECOGNIZE IT WHEN ITS RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM...YOU GOT TO KNOW WHAT TO LOOK FOR( ITS A FEELING ,SENSE THING) AND ITS NOT SO MUCH WHAT EXPERIENCE TEACHES ONE BUT MORE SO A BIRTH GIVEN TALET ..YOU GOT IT OR YOU DONT....Reuben I DONT THINK ITS SOMETHING LEARNED I THINK ITS A TRAIT ...SOME HUNTERS...ARE BORN WITH JUST AS THAT PUP IS WHEN YOU SEE THAT GIFT IN A VERY YOUNG PUP ...THE GIFTED ONE KNOWS WHAT HE,S LOOKING AT..BORN POTENTIONAL...I LIKE TO TERM THAT AS HAVING A ...GIFTED OR TALENTED EYE ...WHEN CHOOSING A PUP...jmo very good post you started

Old Post 04-19-2019 05:15 AM
James B Grice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for James B Grice Click here to Send James B Grice a Private Message Click Here to Email James B Grice Find more posts by James B Grice Add James B Grice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Thank you James...I agree with everything you said... I can’t say I am always right...but I constantly am looking for that special pup or pups with natural abilities...

Over the years I have looked at many pictures of the grand champions and world champions studying their demeanors just because I wanted to learn more about what I could see...while not everyone has that “eye”...we all can be a work in progress striving for better...

Old Post 04-19-2019 02:52 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kler Kry
UKC Forum Member

The "Air" of Greatness

The "Air " of Greatness, not to be confused with "Air" of Alpha Dominance. Both ends of the spectrum and one should be used to fertilize the forest and one bred for the betterment of the breed!

Old Post 04-19-2019 09:20 PM
Kler Kry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kler Kry Click here to Send Kler Kry a Private Message Click Here to Email Kler Kry Find more posts by Kler Kry Add Kler Kry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote