UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Do we really care about the future?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Do we really care about the future?

We talk day after day on here about whats wrong with hunts, what is wrong with the future. All these changes that are needed for the future and for the Youth to get involved.

Well we just had the UKC Youth Nationals and UKC did post results of the bench show on here and some of the hunt results are on their website. Little more information on Facebook.

We fill up pages about a dog treeing a possum, someone accused of misconduct. Some dog that barks and don't shut up. What about talking about these kids and their accomplishments. Their future is our future.

Surly someone from this board had to be involved or know one or more of the kids in the hunt or show. Lets give them some recognition. Then let the ones like myself that might not know them. At least give them some words of encouragement and a Congratulations!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-22-2019 02:53 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

I would really like to see so results myself. I would really like to see an interview with they young hunter, and hear what they have to say. Love to hear a kid tell of their deer/ turkey hunting stories. Coon hunting stories would be just as good. Post their interviews if anyone has them.

Old Post 07-22-2019 03:39 PM
BigContry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigContry Click here to Send BigContry a Private Message Click Here to Email BigContry Find more posts by BigContry Add BigContry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

Like it or not there will be changes in the future so why not embrace it? Our time has come and almost gone,and we did it our way, so why not trust these young folks and let them do it their way? Well done 👍 youngsters! Keep up the good work and keep those hounds in the woods and let the criticism roll off your back.

Old Post 07-22-2019 03:42 PM
2ol2hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2ol2hunt Click here to Send 2ol2hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email 2ol2hunt Find more posts by 2ol2hunt Add 2ol2hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I think when you turn 60 yrs old you should be able to hunt in the youth hunts again.

Tar

Old Post 07-22-2019 04:04 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
I think when you turn 60 yrs old you should be able to hunt in the youth hunts again.

Tar

I bet it sure would be boring for the 16 year olds waiting on us!!! Lol

Old Post 07-22-2019 04:14 PM
2ol2hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2ol2hunt Click here to Send 2ol2hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email 2ol2hunt Find more posts by 2ol2hunt Add 2ol2hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Do we really care about the future?

Some of us do!

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 07-22-2019 07:44 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wildwilly0161
UKC Forum Member

Yes Sir !!

Yes Sir Bruce, I'm on it !!! And speaking for my local area we had better get on it !! Mink farms all across our area have taken the price out of Coon hide. Because of this Coonhunting is dwindling down to less and less Hunters every year. Causing overpopulation in our area. This will lead to Distemper among other diseases which are already happening here!
We must Find, Show and Focus on the worth of Hounds themselves not hide prices. For we, Houndsman have the Right and the responsibility to preserve the ability to Feed and Cloth Ourselves !!! Without Hunting Dog's No one would be here!!!!
Times change and the only thing we can do about that is change with them.
I believe if we change just two things our sport will grow astronomically! #1 widespread Fun, Youth programs. #2 a widespread, gentler Child-Friendly, Coonhound training system. However, I believe all traditional training methods need to be taught and preserved as well !!!! Never lost just improved upon as we all do every day. Other than that I believe our sport should remain the Same. As the best people I know are Houndsman, and many a Young Man has told me, that in his youth Coonhunting kept him straight !!
I may be old school but when I teach my Children to Coon Hunt, I've taught them to feed and Cloth themselves!
There are Children all over the USA chasing fake Pokey Mon into the woods,,,, GIVE THEM A LEASH CONNECTED TO A HARDCORE HOUND AND WATCH THEIR EYES BULDGE !!! Technology has not yet taken the Adventure out of Real, However, if we do not find inspiring words it will !!!

Click link to see our Upcoming library Obedience Video !! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TtkiewjtvM

Home of Dual GR.CH. !! Bad Boy Brussel !!

GR.CH.GR.NITE.CH.BRUSSEL SPROUTS ROAST
(((((((One of the smartest coon hounds on the Face of the EARTH))))))) 40 verbal comands 20 hand signals !! Amazing In the Woods!!!!
Pm for DVD Video !!

Wild Willy's Way to Complete Coon Hound Control training system / Specializing in Coonhound Control and Scent Training Scent Hounds !!! With Positive Reinforcement Methods !!! Click the link to watch WildWilly'sWay to 10 minute Loading training- Quick Tip
https://youtu.be/zUa7hT7Tbgg See a Sneak Peek of our beliefs on Off Game Breaking with this link- Off game Breaking https://youtu.be/tVouPD95P9s

Old Post 07-22-2019 08:19 PM
wildwilly0161 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildwilly0161 Click here to Send wildwilly0161 a Private Message Click Here to Email wildwilly0161 Find more posts by wildwilly0161 Add wildwilly0161 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tony.beals
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by BigContry
I would really like to see so results myself. I would really like to see an interview with they young hunter, and hear what they have to say. Love to hear a kid tell of their deer/ turkey hunting stories. Coon hunting stories would be just as good. Post their interviews if anyone has them.

I was there and they did do interviews with the 2019 Junior and Senior winners both Bench and Nite Hunters. And I know one individual who did not know it was going live would like to re-phrase a couple of comments LOL nothing bad just humerous.

MSG, US ARMY RETIRED
President of Michigan State United Coon Hunters Association

Old Post 07-23-2019 02:20 AM
tony.beals is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tony.beals Click here to Send tony.beals a Private Message Click Here to Email tony.beals Find more posts by tony.beals Add tony.beals to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tony.beals
UKC Forum Member

Re: Do we really care about the future?

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
We talk day after day on here about whats wrong with hunts, what is wrong with the future. All these changes that are needed for the future and for the Youth to get involved.

Well we just had the UKC Youth Nationals and UKC did post results of the bench show on here and some of the hunt results are on their website. Little more information on Facebook.

We fill up pages about a dog treeing a possum, someone accused of misconduct. Some dog that barks and don't shut up. What about talking about these kids and their accomplishments. Their future is our future.

Surly someone from this board had to be involved or know one or more of the kids in the hunt or show. Lets give them some recognition. Then let the ones like myself that might not know them. At least give them some words of encouragement and a Congratulations!

Bruce I went and had a great time and agree there should be more done, UKC and the club put on an excellent event (even with the heat) and yes maybe more picks of events as they happen maybe interviews of kids , not just the winners. Allen put on a great class before the hunt and there was lots of prizes for all the kids.

MSG, US ARMY RETIRED
President of Michigan State United Coon Hunters Association

Old Post 07-23-2019 02:24 AM
tony.beals is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tony.beals Click here to Send tony.beals a Private Message Click Here to Email tony.beals Find more posts by tony.beals Add tony.beals to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Re: Re: Do we really care about the future?

quote:
Originally posted by tony.beals
Bruce I went and had a great time and agree there should be more done, UKC and the club put on an excellent event (even with the heat) and yes maybe more picks of events as they happen maybe interviews of kids , not just the winners. Allen put on a great class before the hunt and there was lots of prizes for all the kids.

Curious did the plotts do anything special for the kids? If not do you have any contacts with the association to help something happen in the future? Just wondering I think this is something maybe we all need to help with pushing for each breed and maybe even something for any youth that places with an X.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 07-23-2019 03:52 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote