UKC Forums UKC Front Page :: Field Operations :: Show Operations :: Registration :: UKC Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off Topic > The Gardening Thread
Pages (11): « First ... « 9 10 [11]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Redneck Mafia
UKC Forum Member

Visited coonhunting friends of Chey's in Ford City then Bernville. Stayed in Kittanning then Reading but we have been all over! If I had known sooner I could have looked you up we've been from W to E & N to S. Now in Virginia. Headed into Tennessee and Kentucky tomorrow. We are taking a loop down then across going home back through the boot heal of MO instead back across Ohio, Indiana and Illinois through St. Louis. No point in traveling home same direction as we left it is a road trip after all lol.

GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA
GRCH GRNITECH PKC GCH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMI-FINALIST. 2016 UKC TOP 20. 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE. 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4. 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION
NITECH PKC CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-03-2019 06:17 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oklared
UKC Forum Member

Thumbs up

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
These things produce you can have some.

HOME OF 2010 HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE, DUAL CH Y2KD, #7 REPRODUCING RED FEMALE
NT.Ch. WINNER AT REDBONE SEC. 2008
3RD PL. NT.CH. 2009 BATTLE OF BREEDS AT ADA OKLA.
4TH PLACE R.Q.E 2010
2ND PLACE OVERALL AT ZONE 4 AND DOUBLE CAST WINNER 2010
WENT TO 2010 WORLD HUNT
AMERICAN REDBONE ASSOCIATION HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE OF THE 2010 WORLD HUNT
OVERALL HI SCOREING DOG AT 2010 BBCHA BLUE TIC SECTIONAL
GR.NT.CH. AT 12 and A HALF
MADE-EM SEE RED

Old Post 07-04-2019 01:45 PM
oklared is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oklared Click here to Send oklared a Private Message Click Here to Email oklared Find more posts by oklared Add oklared to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rex Ridge
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
Visited coonhunting friends of Chey's in Ford City then Bernville. Stayed in Kittanning then Reading but we have been all over! l.

We're about 60 miles from Kittanning. I have relatives there. Next time you get this way let me know.

Old Post 07-06-2019 05:30 AM
Rex Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex Ridge Click here to Send Rex Ridge a Private Message Find more posts by Rex Ridge Add Rex Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
UKC Forum Member

All my maters getting ripe at the same time lol. I fried 2 gallons of catfish fillets wendsday and two more gallons last night plus all the trimmings I am eating out today after church lol.

Tar

Old Post 07-07-2019 01:58 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Rex Ridge
We're about 60 miles from Kittanning. I have relatives there. Next time you get this way let me know.

Will do! May be a couple of years but we will be back.

Spent a couple hours in the weed patch/garden pulling weeds today. No ripe tomatoes here yet but lots of green ones. I did get 2 squash and 1 cucumber. Slim pickins today lol. I did drown some leaves from the squash that had bugs in some vinegar and water but I've got to get some diatomaceous earth on them in a bit and may get something to spray them with mixed up.
The tomato plants look like they are needing fertilizer, maybe some compost. I planted them in the landscaping Chey had did at the back of the house but he hadn't added any organic matter to it just that black fabric on the ground and woodchips.

2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMI-FINALIST. 2016 UKC TOP 20. 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE. 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4. 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION

Old Post 07-08-2019 12:21 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Forum Member

True love

After reading that Tar had ripe tomatoes I got to thinking about the 1 not quite ready little one I saw. We worked in the yard till almost dark and I tried some bacon and told Cheyenne, who doesn't eat tomatoes, that one would probably be good on my sandwich. Just out of the shower and in his underwear he puts on his hunting light and went in search of it lol.

Old Post 07-08-2019 03:24 PM
yadkintar
UKC Forum Member

Mrs tar fried some green ones yesterday man they were good. Out putting up tarps for the dogs shade and it started raining my garden needs it I just stood out in it a while shore smells fresh when itís raining.

Tar

Old Post 07-08-2019 03:33 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rex Ridge
UKC Forum Member

Missing my garden, but it rained for 7 days straight then quit for 3 days and just rained for another night 6 days. It would be hard to keep up with the weeds.
Fried green tomatoes sound yummy.
So coonhunting lites come in handy for tip toeing thru the tomatoes?
We have hay down that will keep me busy tomorrow. Rode the ATV through the blueberries today, the deer have some of the bushes ruined. Sure aren't going to have many.

Old Post 07-09-2019 05:07 AM
Rex Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex Ridge Click here to Send Rex Ridge a Private Message Find more posts by Rex Ridge Add Rex Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Forum Member

Used neem oil spray last night for bug control. It is a great alternative to regular pesticides if you are anti that like I am. Be sure to not use during the heat of the day. Which reminds me those of you who wish to avoid round up for weed control... use salt! Farm salt works great at killing anywhere you don't want to have to weedeat, just sprinkle around mature trees, paths, walks ect. Mixing regular salt, vinegar and water up into a brine is a great alternative for your sprayer, rinse well when done and spray a little water through to clean hose and nozzle. Remember that salt is broad band so whatever you spray it will kill.
The cucumbers are full of blooms and lots of little ones. It will be pickle making time by the weekend! Mom was getting her jars out and ready. Despite having quite a few tomato plants and quite a few on the vine they are not producing like this amount of plants should be. The new growth is looking a little more promising but if they don't really take off soon we will be having to buy some if I want to can much. I have one okra plant so if we want a mess of fried okra I better head to the farmers market!
Mom's green beans did not do well with all the rain she was threatening to just mow them down but hasn't yet. The corn is finally looking like corn lol.
It is a good thing very few of us have to rely upon a garden crop to have food for the year. Yes, it is a nice supplement but thankfully not a necessity. Imagine how much crop failure affected those of yesterday compared to today!

Old Post 07-17-2019 05:42 PM
Nathan Harder
UKC Forum Member

I've used neem oil before. It worked good for me. I was lazy this year and only planted tomatoes. Got them in pretty late because of all the rain and like you have no fruit ripe yet but when they come I will have plenty.

Iraq War Vet 03-04, 05-06
RECON
618-410-3034

Old Post 07-17-2019 10:03 PM
Nathan Harder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Harder Click here to Send Nathan Harder a Private Message Click Here to Email Nathan Harder Find more posts by Nathan Harder Add Nathan Harder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Been a heck of a year for squash, cucumbers and tomatoes. Creek flooded and washed away my greenbean patch. Replanted now they are starting to bloom. Tried planting brussel sprouts for the first and last time. Buggiest things I've ever seen. Tried beets for the second time with no luck. They come up good get about an inch tall and just disappear. Cantaloupe patch is full. Turned hot and dry and they are all trying to ripen at the same time but thats really not a problem since I have a waiting list for them. Bring one in the house and it makes the whole house smell good.
Chasing the bugs, beagles and the lawnmower keeps an old man busy.

Old Post 07-18-2019 08:19 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Forum Member

Ah, the golden years. Sounds like you have lots of spare time on your hands lol!
I'm pretty sure the rain drown out my onions they are just gone. I think it just rotted them in the ground. The squash and cucumbers are going wild.
Don't know about the weather where you all are at but it iis hotter than the gates of hades here today, I'd take one of those rain days!

Old Post 07-19-2019 10:55 PM
Rex Ridge
UKC Forum Member

We have heat, severe thunder storms and now flash floods. Checked the blueberries tonight, between the critters and Chuck's pruning, there aren't many. A couple squash and okra came up in my flowers, not sure we'll have any to eat, I see a rabbit seems to be hanging around there.

Old Post 07-20-2019 05:16 AM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Forum Member

Made a great big batch of cucumbers and onions last night added a couple of tomatoes and a green peppers. Applecider vinegar, water, plenty of salt and pepper and a little sugar, my summer favorite! My girls came by and each took a gallon jar of it home. We also went blackberry picking over the weekend and I made 3 refrigerator cheese cake on graham cracker crust topped with blackberries and a few strawberries so they could each take one home. They are delicious if you've never had it you are missing out!

Old Post 07-23-2019 08:09 PM