UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Why
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
N Williams
UKC Forum Member

Why

The last few years I’ve noticed a lot of handlers don’t include there dog in the picture when they are getting there picture took. Mainly in cast line ups. Just seems odd. Just curious why? Are they ashamed of how ugly there dog is.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-03-2019 04:46 AM
N Williams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for N Williams Click here to Send N Williams a Private Message Find more posts by N Williams Add N Williams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Afraid their owners will recognize them or someone will notice it's not the right dog. Just kidding. Go with the ugly idea.

Old Post 10-03-2019 11:19 AM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

I can’t speak on behalf of everyone but I personally don’t do it because mine don’t like other dogs sniffing his a$$ and most people don’t understand that. I don’t allow mine to sniff so he gets a lil uncomfortable when someone lets there’s run there nose up his behind. I try to keep mines mind on coons and when them dogs go to sniffing him he gets a lil growly, just being honest

Old Post 10-03-2019 12:00 PM
ole hoss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ole hoss Click here to Send ole hoss a Private Message Click Here to Email ole hoss Find more posts by ole hoss Add ole hoss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Actually sometimes they have sent the dog home with other family members before photos or on a two night hunt they take pictures next day and they want their dog to rest. Several different possibilites although I do know of a man that got his picture took with a ringer that he should have left in the box.

Old Post 10-03-2019 12:22 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I have one just like Old Hoss described. If you line him up with other dogs in the woods and take pictures. Everything is fine. Put him on a stage with a back drop at a major hunt or meet at a grocery store parking lot and try to get some pictures. All Heck will break loose. About 4 years ago they were taking some picture ofl dogs one at a time up in front of a back drop to get pictures of the hunt finalist. A Bluetick went before us and he peed on the backdrop. As he was coming down Corey walked my dog beside him and they about tore the stage down. Another occasion I woke up in the morning and had three calls from my handler at about 2 am. I got a hold of him and he said the final 4 met at a grocery store for pictures before the final cast started and my dog wasn't friendly towards another dog and the handler went ballistic. He was trying to call me and see if I wanted to withdraw him from the final cast. He didn't get me and he hunted him and he hunted and treed fine with every dog in the cast. He just doesn't like his picture taken when he is not in the woods. lol

Old Post 10-03-2019 12:40 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Phenix
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
I have one just like Old Hoss described. If you line him up with other dogs in the woods and take pictures. Everything is fine. Put him on a stage with a back drop at a major hunt or meet at a grocery store parking lot and try to get some pictures. All Heck will break loose. About 4 years ago they were taking some picture ofl dogs one at a time up in front of a back drop to get pictures of the hunt finalist. A Bluetick went before us and he peed on the backdrop. As he was coming down Corey walked my dog beside him and they about tore the stage down. Another occasion I woke up in the morning and had three calls from my handler at about 2 am. I got a hold of him and he said the final 4 met at a grocery store for pictures before the final cast started and my dog wasn't friendly towards another dog and the handler went ballistic. He was trying to call me and see if I wanted to withdraw him from the final cast. He didn't get me and he hunted him and he hunted and treed fine with every dog in the cast. He just doesn't like his picture taken when he is not in the woods. lol

I'm same way Bruce I hate when I get my picture took at grocery store. Heck I just hate being at grocery store. Dont get me started about back in school when a kid would pee on back drop on picture day. It would make me fighting made also. Lol

I never saw very many nice hounds that didnt have a quirk about them somewhere. Maybe that's what made them nice hounds they are just little different than most.

Bayou Creek Black and Tan’s

Nathan Phenix
417-255-5697

Old Post 10-03-2019 12:55 PM
Nathan Phenix is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Phenix Click here to Send Nathan Phenix a Private Message Find more posts by Nathan Phenix Add Nathan Phenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I owned the meanest , psychotic, man biting dog in the world !! After I sold him he made the front cover of coonhound bloodlines and commanded a $1,000 stud fee. The moment the guy called me I had went to the pickup to get somthing to let him Rest In Peace.

Tar

Old Post 10-03-2019 01:06 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

It sounds like some people need Wild Willie's help more than they think they do.

Old Post 10-03-2019 03:58 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gpent24
UKC Forum Member

I have one that is growly around other male dogs at the truck. Never been in a fight in the woods and never been scratched. When he does get his picture taken i usually get him out last and stand on the end and hold his head straight lol. I think that's what makes him independent sometimes though. If i draw out with male dogs he's not going to be in the same direction, much less on the same tree as them 9 out of 10 times.

Old Post 10-03-2019 04:30 PM
gpent24 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gpent24 Click here to Send gpent24 a Private Message Click Here to Email gpent24 Find more posts by gpent24 Add gpent24 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wildwilly0161
UKC Forum Member

I truly understand these things!

This problem is on the Rise because we all breed for independency to win hunts and impress friends !!! Little did many know That Independency goes hand in hand with the Pack leading Alpha Male and Female and they are Designed to EAT / HUNT ALONE !!!! We are breeding entire litters of Alpha Hounds,,, They are the most aggressive as Aggression is their Language and how they control the Pack. Aggression goes Hand IN Hand with Hunt as it takes aggression to open up on every track !!! Want, Depth and Drive are Tide to FOOD Aggression and The Alpha Is always the best for he or she takes lead in the hunt for food teaching their Pack how to provide for themselves !!!

These are good deserving Hounds. Pack leaders do the majority of all the winning because they are born More food aggressive. This simply means they hunt Harder and do not like to share food or game with other Dogs, Wich is the definition of an Alpha Male or Female. (Independent)

I will never stop breeding for indipendency myself because I can not win todays Hunts without it! So I developed 3 simple steps to Train all Dogs to Train under Adrenaline / Fight Mode.
Pre training , Easy and Drop after I compleate these steps I become a True K-9 Pack Leader in all Dogs minds! When this happens all things Dog become posible because Even Pack Leaders will respect and perform all my comands even when in Full Adrenaline / Fight Mode !!!

I have invented and used these 3 steps on of my young Dogs for over 30 years and in those 30 years, I have Never had one case of aggresion or shyness Ever !!!

I do not Tolerate miss placed aggression of any Kind nore do I ever experience these thing Because I become their True Pack leader in their mind!!!

Every fault Coonhounds have falls under Miss placed aggression. Off Game chases, Tree jacking, Face Barking, Slick Treeing, Road Runing , Tracks Blowing up on them to Not hunting Deep or Hard enough are ALL forms of Miss Placed aggression or the Lack there of.

When I train Dogs these 3 steps using Their own Languge, they Learn imeadiatly equaling Speed Training because I have Long Range Pack Leader respect out of them I experience none of these problems.
Pre Training, Easy and Drop is puppy prevention for all things good young Hounds do wrong.

Click link to see our Upcoming library Obedience Video !! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TtkiewjtvM

Home of Dual GR.CH. !! Bad Boy Brussel !!

GR.CH.GR.NITE.CH.BRUSSEL SPROUTS ROAST
(((((((One of the smartest coon hounds on the Face of the EARTH))))))) 40 verbal comands 20 hand signals !! Amazing In the Woods!!!!
Pm for DVD Video !!

Wild Willy's Way to Complete Coon Hound Control training system / Specializing in Coonhound Control and Scent Training Scent Hounds !!! With Positive Reinforcement Methods !!! Click the link to watch WildWilly'sWay to 10 minute Loading training- Quick Tip
https://youtu.be/zUa7hT7Tbgg See a Sneak Peek of our beliefs on Off Game Breaking with this link- Off game Breaking https://youtu.be/tVouPD95P9s

Last edited by wildwilly0161 on 10-04-2019 at 09:34 PM

Old Post 10-04-2019 09:12 PM
wildwilly0161 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildwilly0161 Click here to Send wildwilly0161 a Private Message Click Here to Email wildwilly0161 Find more posts by wildwilly0161 Add wildwilly0161 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

pic problems

Saw this at $KC youth cast this spring. When this big Walker male hit the door & saw other dogs, you'd have thought he was going to eat them alive. I told Madi, "What the heck did we get ourselves into!!". We had our female, an English male & the Walker. They said he was like that every since he was a young dog. Hunted whole hour & never had any issues at trees. Some dogs just don't like pic taken, i guess. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 10-04-2019 11:53 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote