UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Need information about Grand River Wildlife Preserve in Ohio
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jeffrey robinso
UKC Forum Member

Need information about Grand River Wildlife Preserve in Ohio

Was thinking of taking a trip to Ohio to hunt. Found Grand River Wildlife Preserve in West Farimington, Ohio. Looks like a big piece of property and sounds like there are plenty of coons there but was wondering if it was worth making the trip up there. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-04-2019 05:22 PM
jeffrey robinso is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jeffrey robinso Click here to Send jeffrey robinso a Private Message Click Here to Email jeffrey robinso Find more posts by jeffrey robinso Add jeffrey robinso to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JB Cobb
UKC Forum Member

Jeffrey that place is either so bad nobody goes there or its so far back in the sticks no one has ever been. Guess you will have to be like Lewis and Clark on this trip 😂

Old Post 10-06-2019 02:27 PM
JB Cobb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JB Cobb Click here to Send JB Cobb a Private Message Click Here to Email JB Cobb Find more posts by JB Cobb Add JB Cobb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeffrey robinso
UKC Forum Member

I think I am going to go try it, I will try anything one time.

Old Post 10-06-2019 05:53 PM
jeffrey robinso is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jeffrey robinso Click here to Send jeffrey robinso a Private Message Click Here to Email jeffrey robinso Find more posts by jeffrey robinso Add jeffrey robinso to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbpro56
UKC Forum Member

I might be wrong, but I don't think the hunting is that great over in that part of the state. The best hunting in Ohio is up near the Indiana, Michigan part of the state. Northwest Ohio, and central part of Ohio is good hunting as well. Maybe someone from that area can help you out.

Bruce Profitt

Old Post 10-08-2019 05:11 PM
dbpro56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbpro56 Click here to Send dbpro56 a Private Message Click Here to Email dbpro56 Find more posts by dbpro56 Add dbpro56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tln70
UKC Forum Member

I live in central ohio, good hunting here.
I have plans to go to Alliance this weekend, Alliance is about 50 miles south of the park. I'll let you know what I find.
Good luck and good hunting

Old Post 10-08-2019 06:10 PM
tln70 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tln70 Click here to Send tln70 a Private Message Click Here to Email tln70 Find more posts by tln70 Add tln70 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeffrey robinso
UKC Forum Member

Tin70, thanks in advance for your help.

Old Post 10-09-2019 01:17 PM
tln70
UKC Forum Member

Hunted Berlin wildlife area tonight, nice place. Nice timber and flat. It's about 40 miles south of the area you was talking about.

Old Post 10-13-2019 07:49 AM
tln70 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tln70 Click here to Send tln70 a Private Message Click Here to Email tln70 Find more posts by tln70 Add tln70 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeffrey robinso
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the information.

Old Post 10-13-2019 11:08 PM
bobbijo3456
UKC Forum Member

Grand River

I was just there this past weekend.Becarful where you walk.Also becarful of the Beaver and River Otter.There is a huge coon population.Alot of Skunk have been out and about there lately.Have fun and Godbless

'PR'ADKINS BLUE DOG ANNIE
'PR'BRAGGS FATBOY (RIP)

Old Post 10-15-2019 03:36 AM
bobbijo3456 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bobbijo3456 Click here to Send bobbijo3456 a Private Message Find more posts by bobbijo3456 Add bobbijo3456 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeffrey robinso
UKC Forum Member

Bobbijo, thanks for the information.

Old Post 10-17-2019 01:08 PM
bobbijo3456
UKC Forum Member

Grand River

It is over 7,700 acres to hunt.I love going there.It is a very amazing place.And alot of wildlife.GrandRiver will definately test your houndsability for sure.And your stamina.

'PR'BRAGGS FATBOY (RIP)

Old Post 10-17-2019 03:15 PM
bobbijo3456 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bobbijo3456 Click here to Send bobbijo3456 a Private Message Find more posts by bobbijo3456 Add bobbijo3456 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeffrey robinso
UKC Forum Member

Bobbijo, why do I need to look out for the beavers and otters. I live in the south and have both where I hunt and have never had any problems with them.

Old Post 10-17-2019 06:45 PM
bobbijo3456
UKC Forum Member

Grand River

I was just trying to help you.I am not sure whats around where you hunt.Some people don't pay attention to whats around.

'PR'BRAGGS FATBOY (RIP)

Old Post 10-17-2019 08:04 PM
jeffrey robinso
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for your help.

Old Post 10-18-2019 12:41 PM