UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Boots
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Riverbottom Ron
UKC Forum Member

Boots

I know Im going to get several different answers about coonhuntin boots. Ive hunted for many,many years ,Ive tried different boots with chaps sewed on them.I have always after trying different boots ending up going back to Lacross Burley boots with chaps.This is what Im lookin for now #1 A very light boot as light as I can get. #2 a boot that fits like the Lacross Burley meaning tight around the ankle, not very loose.#3 A single layer of the nylon sewed on. Just a good Very light tight fiting boot with chaps... Could someone tell me , where I can find it ? and what do I ask for ? Thanks and Have A Blessed One ,,, Ron

ALWAYS REMEMBER GOD GAVE US FRIENDS AND COONHOUNDS, " I AM A GREATLY BLESSED",HIGHLY FAVORED" " IMPERFECT BUT FORGIVEN CHILD OF GOD "KEEP YOUR {FAITH IN GOD } FAITH SEES THE INVISIBLE,BELIEVES THE INCREDIBLE,AND RECIEVES THE IMPOSSIBLE. WERE BLESSED !!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-09-2019 02:33 AM
Riverbottom Ron is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Riverbottom Ron Click here to Send Riverbottom Ron a Private Message Find more posts by Riverbottom Ron Add Riverbottom Ron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

If I was you I would stick with the Lacrosse boot that you have been wearing. You're fortunate as most men these days cannot wear that boot because their legs over the years have grown to large for that boot.

The lightest boot is the Tingly but not the same fit and not close to the grip on the bottom.

The Quatro non insulated is a good boot. Going to be heavier and not an ankle boot.

Yoder as a boot called the Cougar Boot. Again heavier boot.

Brother Ron. I think you just need to stick with what you have been wearing.

Dans has stopped putting the light weight chap on boots but I can get them from yoder with a light weight water proof chap.

https://www.conkeysoutdoors.com/cgi...ith-Yoder-Chaps

Old Post 06-09-2019 12:48 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

Re: Boots

quote:
Originally posted by Riverbottom Ron
I know Im going to get several different answers about coonhuntin boots. Ive hunted for many,many years ,Ive tried different boots with chaps sewed on them.I have always after trying different boots ending up going back to Lacross Burley boots with chaps.This is what Im lookin for now #1 A very light boot as light as I can get. #2 a boot that fits like the Lacross Burley meaning tight around the ankle, not very loose.#3 A single layer of the nylon sewed on. Just a good Very light tight fiting boot with chaps... Could someone tell me , where I can find it ? and what do I ask for ? Thanks and Have A Blessed One ,,, Ron

Stick with them Burlys Brother Ron..If they suit you their is nothing on the market any better if that is the boot you like..With them being a 16 inch boot some folks cant get their foot to bend like they use to...As far as that light weight chap it probably weighs a few ounces lighter but tears so easy first sign of barb wire or rose bush up your way its not funny..Afraid we have tried to fix or exchange that chap on at least 100 customers especially the southern boys that have thorns and such.

Old Post 06-09-2019 06:01 PM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Ashbaugh
UKC Forum Member

The lacrosse Grange is way lighter than the burly and fits very snug. If you don't need warmth they are the best coon hunting boots imo. I wear 8's in most everything but have a set of size 7 with wick chaps that are my best boots and chaps. I can wear a cotton sock and a dress liner sock with them. It helps get them off more easily. You will need a boot jack. You'll pull a hamsting trying to pull them off without one

Ron Ashbaugh
CROOKED FOOT KENNELS

Old Post 06-09-2019 10:20 PM
Ron Ashbaugh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Ashbaugh Click here to Send Ron Ashbaugh a Private Message Find more posts by Ron Ashbaugh Add Ron Ashbaugh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Ashbaugh
UKC Forum Member

https://www.stonecreekhounds.com/pr...egory/clothing/

Ron Ashbaugh
CROOKED FOOT KENNELS

Old Post 06-09-2019 10:23 PM
Ron Ashbaugh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Ashbaugh Click here to Send Ron Ashbaugh a Private Message Find more posts by Ron Ashbaugh Add Ron Ashbaugh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

For the past 5 yrs I’ve spent $200-600 a year on boots and chaps!! Most the time the boot out last the chap, sometimes the chap out last the boots!! I feel like the combo I’m wearing now is the best I’ve found, but it was costly and had to order the boot from one place and send it to another to get it sewn on!!
13 inch Non-insulated Quattro boot on a Garnett chap!! I’m just 2 months in them but so far I love them. Hate to brag on anything I have cause usually when I do that it lets me down!! Just like my dog!! But if you ain’t tried the Garnett chap I highly recommend them

Old Post 06-09-2019 10:45 PM
ole hoss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ole hoss Click here to Send ole hoss a Private Message Click Here to Email ole hoss Find more posts by ole hoss Add ole hoss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

boots

Love my Bekina boots for lightness and wear for last 3 yrs. Easy on/easy off for summer hunting, even with my swollen ankles. Can't get Mucks on or off any more. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 06-09-2019 11:51 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Huntnharris
UKC Forum Member

If you like the Burly and it has worked, stay with it like Bruce said. If you want lighter go with the Grange, same fit as the Burly, just not insulated at all. We keep both of these boots in stock with Yoder chaps, may still have a pair or 2 with Dans chaps as well in the Grange

www.harrishoundsupply.net

Old Post 06-10-2019 01:04 AM
Huntnharris is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Huntnharris Click here to Send Huntnharris a Private Message Click Here to Email Huntnharris Visit Huntnharris's homepage! Find more posts by Huntnharris Add Huntnharris to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Just want to clear up some confusion on the name of the Lacrosse boot we are talking about.

The BURLY boot comes insulated and non insulated. The non insulated version was commonly called the GRANGE. The insulated version was called the Burly. Later came an ALPHA Burly now Alphaburly Pro but that has larger space in the ankle area.

This is straight from the Lacrosse website.
In 1957 we introduced the Grange. A non-insulated, do-it-all rubber boot that our customers knew they could always trust. Six years later, an insulated version of the Grange came to be — the Burly. Today, these boots are alive and well. They’re still made from the same proven rubber formulas. They’re still built to perform under the harshest of conditions. And they’re still the boots you can call on to get the job done.

So when you are talking about the NON insulated burley boot. You are talking about the Grange boot. Same boot, two names.

Here is a link to see the boots we are talking about.

https://www.lacrossefootwear.com/pr...Id=position-asc

Last edited by Bruce m. Conkey on 06-10-2019 at 01:40 PM

Old Post 06-10-2019 01:24 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lone Pine JB
UKC Forum Member

I've never found a boot that lasts like the old school green Lacrosse boots. Just wish they had better traction. Or is that Grange sole adequate? The air grip is ok, but they do wear down. Is the Chevron better that I'm thinking it would be?

Lone Pine North

Old Post 06-10-2019 02:08 PM
Lone Pine JB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lone Pine JB Click here to Send Lone Pine JB a Private Message Click Here to Email Lone Pine JB Visit Lone Pine JB's homepage! Find more posts by Lone Pine JB Add Lone Pine JB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

The company claims the grip is good. lol I just wish my leg/ankle/foot fit and I would test them. They are great boots.

Old Post 06-10-2019 04:07 PM
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

i got narrow feet fairly small ankles. I used to wear the Alpha Burlys ones with the knobbies on bottom . They fit my foot like a glove hence the "ankle fit " and yes like many mentioned they were VERY hard to get off esp when your socks/feet got sweaty. I loved them cause they fit so well but they just didnt last ... rough terrain , sharp rocks ,bluffs, barbed wire fences, stobs etc etc . always tearing slits in em . Used shoe goo on em constantly .... they finally turned into a Shoe Goo brand boot as you could no loner tell they was Lacrosse.

Badlands Chap , bekina boot , and bama socks best for me. i cant wear the bekinas without the bama socks cause my feet are narrow.

I Wouldnt trade 3 pairs those lacrosse boot/chaps for this bekina set up

Old Post 06-10-2019 07:38 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lucas foster
UKC Forum Member

I second that toad hill . Bekina one piece , no seam to split, light weight, on a badlands chap is tough combo to beat👍🏻

pr’ Hooper ridge hangem high huck
ntch. pr’ Kettle hollow Sandy

Old Post 06-12-2019 03:34 AM
lucas foster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lucas foster Click here to Send lucas foster a Private Message Click Here to Email lucas foster Find more posts by lucas foster Add lucas foster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Toad Hill, I have narrow feet like you and wear a size 9.5 to 10 tennis shoe. What size would you suggest in the Bekina boot using the bama socks? Thanks.

Old Post 06-12-2019 01:30 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Toad Hill could you please clarify before some more people get confused.

Are you talking about the first style of Bekina Boots that came out or the newer model that is out now. There is a difference and clarifying which one you like might save someone some grief.

I have people calling weekly wanting the older version Bekina Boot and not wanting the newer version. I personally wear the older version which work fine for me. Which one are you recommending? Chaps under the name Badland is also a thing of the past unless it is revised in the future at some point. There is another name associated with that same chap today.

Old Post 06-12-2019 01:50 PM
Huntnharris
UKC Forum Member

I have narrow feet and if I was going to wear Bekinas with the bama booties i would have to go to a size 11. Without the booties I would wear a size 10, my normal boot size.

Badlands chaps are now called Bushwacker chaps. They are the exact same chaps.

www.harrishoundsupply.net

Old Post 06-12-2019 06:10 PM
Huntnharris is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Huntnharris Click here to Send Huntnharris a Private Message Click Here to Email Huntnharris Visit Huntnharris's homepage! Find more posts by Huntnharris Add Huntnharris to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Preacher Tom
Toad Hill, I have narrow feet like you and wear a size 9.5 to 10 tennis shoe. What size would you suggest in the Bekina boot using the bama socks? Thanks.

I will have to look tonight to be 100% BUT i wear a 10 to 10.5 in most shoes . My Bekinas are 11 im pretty sure. I have to wear the bama socks with them cause they are too big without them but thats normal if u use bama socks ( get boots half to full size bigger) .

Last edited by Toad Hill on 06-12-2019 at 09:13 PM

Old Post 06-12-2019 09:10 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
Toad Hill could you please clarify before some more people get confused.

Are you talking about the first style of Bekina Boots that came out or the newer model that is out now. There is a difference and clarifying which one you like might save someone some grief.

I have people calling weekly wanting the older version Bekina Boot and not wanting the newer version. I personally wear the older version which work fine for me. Which one are you recommending? Chaps under the name Badland is also a thing of the past unless it is revised in the future at some point. There is another name associated with that same chap today.

Bruce , I have both first style and the new model.
I would recommend either model over the rest of the junk thats being produced today.
Sorry if my post was confusing so thanks for having me be more specific cause your're right theres a difference in the two bekina models.
So here it goes.....From my experience >>>
The first style bekinas are going to fit the narrow foot like mine the best !! and are going to be tight in top of foot area.
The new style bekina with more aggressive lug design, ( to me )> is a little bigger in length , width and height like area in top of foot . If you like little more room or slop area in your boots then go with the newest style. If you want them to fit your foot like a latex glove go with the first style bekinas.

I dont like the sloppy feel i get with any boots cause my heel slips in em and it dont take long to get blister on heel.
Anybody notice the crease on inside of mucks and some other brands? ... its a glue line seam like a dull pocket knife .... With a heal slipping every step cause of narrow feet like mine it dont take long to hate these IF u deal with it youre gonna eventually wear a small hole in the heal area of the boot thus causing more discomfort . The inside of bekinas are smooth as butter . IMO You dont really need the bama socks for bekinas if you dont want to BUT I like the snug fit they give me PLUS they are unreal at absorbing the sweat from your foots/socks.
Bekina when hitting the market was almost as good as when the Garmin replaced the beep beep

Last edited by Toad Hill on 06-12-2019 at 09:46 PM

Old Post 06-12-2019 09:22 PM
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Ok guys, If I'm buying Bekinas how do I know which is old style and which is new?

Old Post 06-12-2019 09:33 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

first style has black color soles and not big lugs on bottom like the newer style. Just ask any the vendors here im sure they'll help ya out.

Old Post 06-12-2019 10:19 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Preacher Tom. Toad has it correct about what he says about the boots. Actually unless a vendor has had them on the shelf for a while. I think all your going to find is the newer style. Which isn't a bad thing. But I do have people that have had both call and request the first version as they liked them a lot.

I wear the older style and it is because I can easily get it on and off. I have not had the need to buy another one since I got it, or I might be using the newer style.

Boots are a hard subject to take about. Mainly because everyone foot seems to be somewhat different. I know some guys that say there is no comfort in wearing a Bekina boot for a long period of time. I don't hunt that long at one time or those many nights in a row for comfort to be an issue for me.

Old Post 06-13-2019 12:13 PM
Charles Pullen
UKC Forum Member

Ron I got a pair of Bekina boots with the pro chaps . Highly recommend them buddy .

Old Post 06-13-2019 07:27 PM
Charles Pullen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Charles Pullen Click here to Send Charles Pullen a Private Message Click Here to Email Charles Pullen Find more posts by Charles Pullen Add Charles Pullen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Preacher Tom
Ok guys, If I'm buying Bekinas how do I know which is old style and which is new?

The new bekinas are readily available from most all dealers with about any chap imaginable..Im sure their are a few old styles somewhere but they are scarce..I know i ended up with a few pr of 7s and 8s....As far as the Badlands chap the brand and the chap is still available...As much as some want him to be James is still in business and the chap is still being produced..The new bekinas have alot better traction but personally i dont think longevity will not be as good but comfort level went up a bit due to being a bit more flexible.

Old Post 06-14-2019 04:00 PM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

John, I agree with your description of the Bekina boots completely. I have had several wanting the older version and I can't find them.

Help me get the correct story on the Badlands Chaps. In my opinion it really has nothing to do with James personally. Just the branding of the chap. The Badlands chaps were something that yoder made and put on a boot for James. For some reason there was an issue and Yoder started marketing the same chap under a different name. "Bushmasterr". That is where the rumor mill comes in. I really don't know or care if the Bushmaster is still being put on a boot for James and called the Badlands Chap. To my knowledge if someone says BADLANDS CHAP or Yoder BUSHMASTER chap. They are the same identical chap just branded differently. Can you straighten me out if I am wrong. Thanks

Old Post 06-14-2019 04:41 PM
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

Preacher Tom -

Let me also add something that really has helped me in addition to the the bama sock and bekina ( esp the new bekina style that fits looser ) set up which will actually help anyone that has a prob with slender feet that have slippage issues in the heel , ,,, I attach my chap straps to the sides of my vest and have them adjusted just tight enough to help keep boot good and snug to the bottom of my foot esp the bottom heal area. If you dont wear a vest ive seen some guys wear a buckle harness strap ( like a vest but its just black strapping/ not sure who sells these ) that has sliding rings on each side they attach chap straps to . Same concept as my vest and works also.
I'll be shocked if you hate the bekinas.

Old Post 06-14-2019 05:20 PM