UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Opinions needed
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

Opinions needed

What is everyone’s opinion on what dog or dogs has done the most winning by being a open mouth trailing type hound? What did you see in that dog that made him or her stand out from the rest. Not a question to get off on babbling. True open mouth track dogs.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-06-2019 02:27 PM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Atherton
UKC Forum Member

Silver Dollar Cracker.

Aim small miss small

Old Post 06-06-2019 05:28 PM
Larry Atherton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Atherton Click here to Send Larry Atherton a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Atherton Visit Larry Atherton's homepage! Find more posts by Larry Atherton Add Larry Atherton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

Ole cracker was before my time, heard he was the real deal. Let me make myself more clear. In the past 5 years, what hounds would fit the category

Old Post 06-06-2019 06:10 PM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
darton
UKC Forum Member

Bone collector

Old Post 06-06-2019 06:33 PM
darton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for darton Click here to Send darton a Private Message Find more posts by darton Add darton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wes Coffman
UKC Forum Member

Big D....Meltdown

Old Post 06-06-2019 07:06 PM
Wes Coffman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wes Coffman Click here to Send Wes Coffman a Private Message Click Here to Email Wes Coffman Find more posts by Wes Coffman Add Wes Coffman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
randy steadman
UKC Forum Member

MELTDOWN AND WORM BEST TRAILING AND HAVING THE GREASE AT THE END AND DID I SAY HARD HUNTERS

Old Post 06-06-2019 07:34 PM
randy steadman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for randy steadman Click here to Send randy steadman a Private Message Find more posts by randy steadman Add randy steadman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
randy steadman
UKC Forum Member

MELTDOWN AND WORM BEST TRAILING AND HAVING THE GREASE AT THE END AND DID I SAY HARD HUNTERS

Old Post 06-06-2019 07:34 PM
randy steadman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for randy steadman Click here to Send randy steadman a Private Message Find more posts by randy steadman Add randy steadman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by darton
Bone collector
Bone will always be one of my favorites. Didn’t get a chance to hunt with him. Play by plays an his offspring is enough to convince me. Again, don’t really know, but would he have been considered an open mouth track dog. I know he was deadly on layup coon.

Old Post 06-06-2019 07:54 PM
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

fast

Big Country And Ruby can cover ground in a hurry with a coon up it, but know there are a lot of good choices out there. Bo Diddly dog in OK. also was very impressive when I hunted with him. JMO. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 06-06-2019 08:36 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug C
UKC Forum Member

Bone was a open mouth trailing hound ask anyone that hunted with him several times, the reason on most play by plays that you seen him taking last strike is because nowadays after the minute that's all there is left,he was honest and didn't open his mouth until he was moving a track, a lot of his pups are tight on the ground but Bone was a open mouth trailing hound.

Old Post 06-07-2019 11:01 PM
Doug C is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug C Click here to Send Doug C a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug C Find more posts by Doug C Add Doug C to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Doug C
Bone was a open mouth trailing hound ask anyone that hunted with him several times, the reason on most play by plays that you seen him taking last strike is because nowadays after the minute that's all there is left,he was honest and didn't open his mouth until he was moving a track, a lot of his pups are tight on the ground but Bone was a open mouth trailing hound.
Will take word on it. All I need to know that he was a real coon dog for sure. Will be known as one of the great of the walker breed. My bone male will be 8 October 1 of this year. What I would give to have him back as a pup.

Old Post 06-08-2019 12:51 AM
Team Mafia 2
UKC Forum Member

Half Breed Ruby, MeltDown and Bone. Down won the most Bone was the most impressive Ruby would wax them both the majority of the time. Bone was one of the classiest dogs I hunted with I got to draw out with him a half a dozen times and he beat me a few I beat him a few He was the same exact dog every time. Down was a man made barker get struck for a 100 trailing ghost around but when he struck a coon it was treed. Ruby is just a bad unit flys around strikes them and run them to catch and has a coon pretty much every time. The thing that these dogs have in common is a coon when they tree if you walked to a 100 trees with any of the 3 you were gonna look at 90+ coon.

Dalton Cummings
918-533-6545

Old Post 06-10-2019 11:17 PM
Team Mafia 2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Team Mafia 2 Click here to Send Team Mafia 2 a Private Message Click Here to Email Team Mafia 2 Find more posts by Team Mafia 2 Add Team Mafia 2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I have a Bone dog and he has limited ability because of my age and lack of being hunted right, but he has unlimited potential because he has what it takes to have been a very good one. I have seen him do things naturally that amazed me and made me wish I had him when I was younger. I had a dog in a final cast a few years ago with his dad Bone Collector when he won his 3rd truck. Bad part for Bone that night, is that he actually made a mistake that he usually didn't make in a cast and was beatable. But even on one of his bad nights he was good enough to win and collected his third truck. I think one of the best all round hounds of all time. Doug could take him to a large hunt. Breed him there and still win the hunt. Something most people wouldn't even think of doing.

Thing is we all talk about different dogs and depending on your age and experience. You have different feelings and excitement about coon hunting. When you get older it just takes a little more to excite you as you have seen a lot of nonsense, mediocre dogs and very good ones over the years. My Bone dog is fun to hunt. He excites even my old spirit. He can tree a coon anyway you can think of. Just lay one up, trail one up or scorch a track to the tree. If the coon doesn't want to tree. He can catch him and he isn't doing it by sneaking up on them. He is doing it barking every breath with his head in the air, running him down.

Old Post 06-11-2019 11:39 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote