UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Southern States Dog Food???
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
PRITCHARD
UKC Forum Member

Southern States Dog Food???

DOES ANY ONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT OR HAS ANYONE FEED THE SOTHERN STATES COMPLETE OR THE ADVANCED DOG FOOD . JUST CEHCKING TO SEE IF IT WAS GOOD OR NOT.THANKS..

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-10-2010 04:19 AM
PRITCHARD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PRITCHARD Click here to Send PRITCHARD a Private Message Click Here to Email PRITCHARD Find more posts by PRITCHARD Add PRITCHARD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
glynnsdawgs63
UKC Forum Member

I have been feeding Southern States 24/20 complete for a year and it is the best feed I have ever fed.I like the price,the way my dogs look,and very little clean up.

Glynn Holmes

Old Post 01-10-2010 03:31 PM
glynnsdawgs63 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for glynnsdawgs63 Click here to Send glynnsdawgs63 a Private Message Visit glynnsdawgs63's homepage! Find more posts by glynnsdawgs63 Add glynnsdawgs63 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Buckshot
UKC Forum Member

I am also feeding the Advanced Active..........Picked up 520 lbs yesterday morning.........they said price is going up.

Glynn, is price going up on it where you get it?

Old Post 01-10-2010 03:36 PM
Buckshot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Buckshot Click here to Send Buckshot a Private Message Click Here to Email Buckshot Find more posts by Buckshot Add Buckshot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adam Reynolds
UKC Forum Member

I feed the complete sport 24/20 and love it. Dogs like it,look good on it and priced a bit lower than my previous brand. Have some other buddy's feeding it to and they all like it as well.

Old Post 01-10-2010 06:30 PM
Adam Reynolds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Reynolds Click here to Send Adam Reynolds a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Reynolds Add Adam Reynolds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
glynnsdawgs63
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Buckshot
I am also feeding the Advanced Active..........Picked up 520 lbs yesterday morning.........they said price is going up.

Glynn, is price going up on it where you get it?

BUCKSHOT,
24/20 complete is $15.75 a bag here in Ga. and it has been that price for a long time.My dealer hasn't said anything about it going up.We did get it at the Grand American for $14.00 a bag.

Glynn Holmes

Old Post 01-10-2010 10:19 PM
glynnsdawgs63 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for glynnsdawgs63 Click here to Send glynnsdawgs63 a Private Message Visit glynnsdawgs63's homepage! Find more posts by glynnsdawgs63 Add glynnsdawgs63 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PRITCHARD
UKC Forum Member

Thanks

I been waniting to try it. I just worry about the clean up and stools.

Old Post 01-11-2010 03:30 AM
PRITCHARD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PRITCHARD Click here to Send PRITCHARD a Private Message Click Here to Email PRITCHARD Find more posts by PRITCHARD Add PRITCHARD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CoonBusterWV
UKC Forum Member

It's 21.00 per 40 hear in wv. I tried it and went back to Black gold at 24.00 per 50.

Old Post 01-11-2010 08:02 PM
CoonBusterWV is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CoonBusterWV Click here to Send CoonBusterWV a Private Message Find more posts by CoonBusterWV Add CoonBusterWV to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndcrazy186
UKC Forum Member

Im wit

Im with coonbusterwv.. I was feeding black gold didnt have any problems with it but just had to drive a pretty good ways to get it.. So i started feeding the complete sport.. Seemed like a good feed at first hunting a dog couple times a week... I got layed off and started hunting more and dogs got pour on it.. Stools were runny and just look like crap and no energy.. Just my thoughts on it.. Im back to Black gold. I wish that the feed did work out cause im so close to southren states.. I think the complete sport was 13.75 here..

Old Post 01-11-2010 09:06 PM
houndcrazy186 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for houndcrazy186 Click here to Send houndcrazy186 a Private Message Click Here to Email houndcrazy186 Find more posts by houndcrazy186 Add houndcrazy186 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Buckshot
UKC Forum Member

I haven't fed the cheaper version of SS Complete, I been feeding the Advanced line.

You guys not having success with the Complete need to try the Advanced line of Southern States.

Old Post 01-11-2010 09:09 PM
Buckshot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Buckshot Click here to Send Buckshot a Private Message Click Here to Email Buckshot Find more posts by Buckshot Add Buckshot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cedarhillkennel
UKC Forum Member

i fed the advance 24/20 for a while,its ok,held the dogs up,clean up was about the same as what used to use but the smell was a little worse,i just switched to high standard and it's a little better than southern states

cedar hill kennels bo's tank
cedar hill kennels roxy
cedar hill kennels ace's chloe
Never ask a man what kind of dog he has. If he has a hound he'll tell you, if he does not, you don't want to shame him by asking.

Old Post 01-11-2010 09:25 PM
cedarhillkennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cedarhillkennel Click here to Send cedarhillkennel a Private Message Click Here to Email cedarhillkennel Find more posts by cedarhillkennel Add cedarhillkennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PRITCHARD
UKC Forum Member

btt

btt

Old Post 01-11-2010 11:57 PM
William Lay
UKC Forum Member

I been feeding 24/20 sport Two years,16.99 40# here. Love it no problems.

Old Post 01-12-2010 12:20 AM
William Lay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for William Lay Click here to Send William Lay a Private Message Click Here to Email William Lay Visit William Lay's homepage! Find more posts by William Lay Add William Lay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PRITCHARD
UKC Forum Member

btt

btt

Old Post 01-12-2010 03:23 AM
blu-by-u
UKC Forum Member

dog food

like buckshot was saying if your having problems with what your feeding of our line change to another line we carry that many for a reason, i tried to drop from the advanced line 24/20 to the complete my dogs didnt do so hot either so i switched back to the advanced line. but guys here are using the complete line say it works good on thier dogs, all dogs are different. was at the grnd american and good turn out had a good time talked to alot of people had alot of good feed back on feed.

Old Post 01-12-2010 02:33 PM
blu-by-u is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blu-by-u Click here to Send blu-by-u a Private Message Click Here to Email blu-by-u Find more posts by blu-by-u Add blu-by-u to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CoonBusterWV
UKC Forum Member

The advance is what i tried. 26/18 i think. It was the same protien to fat ratio as the black gold i was feeing in the black bag. I didnt have no problem with the food, just to pricey down here, like i said it was 21 for 40#, where as black gold is 24 for 50# and black gold is a HUGE supporter of the sport.

Old Post 01-12-2010 08:18 PM
CoonBusterWV is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CoonBusterWV Click here to Send CoonBusterWV a Private Message Find more posts by CoonBusterWV Add CoonBusterWV to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PRITCHARD
UKC Forum Member

btt

btt

Old Post 01-13-2010 04:22 AM
PullensRRK
Banned

Tried it too , gone back BLACK GOLD 26/18

Old Post 01-13-2010 04:27 AM
PullensRRK is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PullensRRK Click here to Send PullensRRK a Private Message Click Here to Email PullensRRK Find more posts by PullensRRK Add PullensRRK to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blu-by-u
UKC Forum Member

if u get 10 or more bags its a dollar off. makes it 20.00 a bag

Old Post 01-13-2010 05:34 PM
blu-by-u is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blu-by-u Click here to Send blu-by-u a Private Message Click Here to Email blu-by-u Find more posts by blu-by-u Add blu-by-u to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blu-by-u
UKC Forum Member

here in north ga black gold 26/18 runs 25.00 a bag and no quanity breaks either to rich for me. i feed southern states advanced sport put it against any at a 24/20 with omega 3 and 6 for 18.49 and 10 bags for 17.49. black gold .50 cents a pound and this feed .43, and results of a 75lb english dog with 2 cups a day and clean up of one time a day good for me.

Old Post 01-13-2010 05:44 PM
tmlyon
UKC Forum Member

I feed Hi-Standard and love it feed half as much as other dog foods I tried and a lot less stool clean up. I feel it is the best dog food on the market. The price is also pretty good. Go to Hi-Standarddogfood.com and find a distributor by you.

Old Post 01-14-2010 01:26 AM
tmlyon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tmlyon Click here to Send tmlyon a Private Message Click Here to Email tmlyon Visit tmlyon's homepage! Find more posts by tmlyon Add tmlyon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chadf
UKC Forum Member

I went to the SS website but couldn't find the ingredient list. What's in this stuff. The 24/18 ratios and such mean very little.

Old Post 01-14-2010 04:37 PM
chadf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chadf Click here to Send chadf a Private Message Click Here to Email chadf Find more posts by chadf Add chadf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Buckshot
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by chadf
I went to the SS website but couldn't find the ingredient list. What's in this stuff. The 24/18 ratios and such mean very little.

Chad, click on each food as it list the ingredients and info.

http://www.southernstates.com/produ...food/index.aspx

Old Post 01-14-2010 07:20 PM
chadf
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Drew that one worked the link I was on was just giving a brief product description.
For what I've been able to find here in Alaska the Kirkland brand sold at Costco is a pretty good food with chicken as the first ingredient followed by chicken meal. I've also heard that its the same formula as the diamond naturals but sells for a lot less. $25 VS $35 or more for the diamond. shoot even dog chow sells for about $30 a bag up here.

Old Post 01-14-2010 09:55 PM
chadf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chadf Click here to Send chadf a Private Message Click Here to Email chadf Find more posts by chadf Add chadf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blu-by-u
UKC Forum Member

dog food

BUCKSHOT THANKS FOR YOUR HELP AND HELPING BACK OUR FEED

Old Post 01-16-2010 02:11 PM
Bluedogman
UKC Forum Member

Looks good online -- and a store nearby. I'll look at it!

Old Post 01-16-2010 02:21 PM
Bluedogman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bluedogman Click here to Send Bluedogman a Private Message Find more posts by Bluedogman Add Bluedogman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote