UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > american cooner dec 08 issue
Pages (11): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Lowell Lynn
UKC Forum Member

I am not getting in the mix of this debate but I will say this, If Steve Conger endorses this Stalker dog, He is a coon Dog. Steve is a very honest person and knows what it takes. It is a shame that some folks just love to sabotoge other peoples efforts. By the way Steve, If you read this,call me. Have a Merry Christmas!!!!! Lowell (765-386-6603)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-21-2008 11:49 PM
Lowell Lynn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lowell Lynn Click here to Send Lowell Lynn a Private Message Click Here to Email Lowell Lynn Find more posts by Lowell Lynn Add Lowell Lynn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
duvall
UKC Forum Member

stalker

I don't claim to know alot about stalker, but I do know Mike Mccomber and Steve Conger, they are very good friends of mine, if their names are on the papers that tells me stalker is a good one. I guess I don't understand country coondog, I've had several grand nites and a WORLD CHAMPION that I called the samething. Mike and Steve good luck with STALKER. Jeff Duvall

Old Post 12-22-2008 01:01 AM
duvall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for duvall Click here to Send duvall a Private Message Click Here to Email duvall Find more posts by duvall Add duvall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mikemccomber
UKC Forum Member

brrr!

Jeffy D., we were just talking about you today. A bunch of snow and ice, -25 degree wind chill. Buddy, you don't know what you are missing. Talked to T. Bates today. You guys are missing out on the winter wonderland in Illinois. Keep warm and hope you and your family have a merry x-mas.

Mike

Old Post 12-22-2008 01:08 AM
mikemccomber is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mikemccomber Click here to Send mikemccomber a Private Message Click Here to Email mikemccomber Find more posts by mikemccomber Add mikemccomber to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jtwsr
UKC Forum Member

I dont usually post on P...... matches but i noticed that my name was on paul's post for calling. when paul sold stalker i was one of the first that he asked if i was interested in buying him. I was not in the position at that time to purchase him. I believe we drew out on his first nite hunt together, the dog was super loud and did a good job, I believe he was 10 months at the time. when paul sold the dog to dusty i hunted a night or to with him. pleasure hunting the dog treed several that night well.

I was sitting here reading this with my wife and she made the statment about how bad i wanted this dog and even she remembers and sometimes still brings it up. everything I saw was 2 thumbs up.

Jeff Wilson

Old Post 12-22-2008 05:29 AM
jtwsr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jtwsr Click here to Send jtwsr a Private Message Click Here to Email jtwsr Visit jtwsr's homepage! Find more posts by jtwsr Add jtwsr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
paul harris
UKC Forum Member

Kyle, Tyson and Jason

came across these pictures of Stalker when he was young thought you'd like to see them. feel free to add some of your own I would like to see him at a older age. The last picture is of Stalker and his daughter.
HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL YOU HUNTERS AND FAMILIES

PAnitehunter@aol.com

Last edited by paul harris on 12-22-2008 at 06:01 AM

Old Post 12-22-2008 05:59 AM
paul harris is offline Click Here to See the Profile for paul harris Click here to Send paul harris a Private Message Click Here to Email paul harris Find more posts by paul harris Add paul harris to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
K-Dubb
UKC Forum Member

Stalker

Very nice looking hound boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If all goes right and he gets back to IN I would like to
breed to him........
Don't pay attention to what other people say you feed him
Some people are just that way.. Jealousy never got
any body anywhere. Keep up the good work boys
sounds like a nice hound and well bred to reproduce.

Have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
From our Kennel to Yours................P.S Nice pictures

Kent

Kent R. Wells

Old Post 12-22-2008 06:49 AM
K-Dubb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for K-Dubb Click here to Send K-Dubb a Private Message Click Here to Email K-Dubb Find more posts by K-Dubb Add K-Dubb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mikemccomber
UKC Forum Member

pictures

Paul,

Will get some pictures of Stalker on here. Our weather here right now is just miserable. Gonna be a loooong winter I'm afraid. May have to bring him in front of the wood stove to do so. Take care and hope that you and your family have a merry christmas.

We'll be in touch.

Mike

Old Post 12-23-2008 01:49 AM
mikemccomber is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mikemccomber Click here to Send mikemccomber a Private Message Click Here to Email mikemccomber Find more posts by mikemccomber Add mikemccomber to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steveconger
UKC Forum Member

Paul,

This is a picture of Stalker last year on the shore of Lake Michigan. I would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Steve Conger
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/..._01/Pics033.jpg[/IMG]

Old Post 12-24-2008 05:22 PM
steveconger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steveconger Click here to Send steveconger a Private Message Click Here to Email steveconger Find more posts by steveconger Add steveconger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lowell Lynn
UKC Forum Member

Steve,Merry Christmas to you and your Family!!!!!

Old Post 12-24-2008 05:27 PM
Lowell Lynn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lowell Lynn Click here to Send Lowell Lynn a Private Message Click Here to Email Lowell Lynn Find more posts by Lowell Lynn Add Lowell Lynn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mikemccomber
UKC Forum Member

Paul,
Here is a picture of Stalker...

Last edited by mikemccomber on 06-10-2009 at 12:45 AM

Old Post 12-26-2008 12:33 AM
Jim Stinnett
UKC Forum Member

Hey

I have known Steve Conger for 30 years. Since I was 11 years old. He used to come & pick me up & take me coonhunting when I was a kid.

I just recently got back into coonhunting again after a 15 year brake. The first person I called & wanted to go coonhunting with was Steve. Steve is a very honest man! I got to go pleasure hunting with Steve & Stalker. I hunted GR.NT.CH. Oakridge Jake & Steve hunted Stalker. Those 2 dogs treed a couple coons in style. Real fast & they didnt mess around!

I would say this. If a coonhound is on the end of Steve's leash long its the real deal.

Steve, Hope you & your family have a very Merry Christmas!

Other dogs Steve has owned that I have had the pleasure of seeing in the woods. All where coondogs!

NT.CH. "PR" Conger's Deacon
NT.CH. "PR" Conger's Law Too
WLD.CH. "PR" Mack's Little Joe

Jim Stinnett

Coon Hounds
Lake Village, IN
Cell: 219-712-4281
Email:jstinnett@upgen.us

*******HOME OF**********

PCH.GRCH. BRIAR BUSTEN SKEETER - BEAGLE
PCH. GRCH. BRIAR BUSTEN TRIXIE - BEAGLE
STYLISH BO - TREEING WALKER
CH.S&S BLUE BONNIE - BLUETICK
SPORTMIX DOG FOOD FED & RECOMMENED

Old Post 12-26-2008 12:59 AM
Jim Stinnett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jim Stinnett Click here to Send Jim Stinnett a Private Message Click Here to Email Jim Stinnett Visit Jim Stinnett's homepage! Find more posts by Jim Stinnett Add Jim Stinnett to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lowell Lynn
UKC Forum Member

JIM, YOU HAVE THE SAME OPINION OF STEVE AS I DO. NEXT TIME YOU ARE AROUND HIM, ASK HIM HOW HE MET LOWELL.............

Old Post 12-26-2008 03:15 AM
behrends_91
UKC Forum Member

Stalker

Good looking Walker Hound.

Old Post 12-30-2008 01:02 AM
behrends_91 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for behrends_91 Click here to Send behrends_91 a Private Message Find more posts by behrends_91 Add behrends_91 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Daisy
UKC Forum Member

Hey Paul, how are you doing? Hope you and your family had a good Christmas.

I will give reference on Stalker as well. I was introduced to coonhunting with Stalker and many of my best memories of it are still hunting with Paul and Stalker when I owned Hunter (his dual grand daughter). He was a heck of a nice dog and a pleasure to hunt. His daughter Hunter was a heck of a nice female and I will never own another like her. I only lost her due to some unfortunate circumstances.

To the new owners of Stalker, I sure hope you are enjoying him (sure looks like your boys are!!)

Here is a pic of Stalker and Hunter together, from one of my first times going coonhunting.

Old Post 12-31-2008 01:07 AM
Daisy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Daisy Click here to Send Daisy a Private Message Click Here to Email Daisy Find more posts by Daisy Add Daisy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cliff mullenax
UKC Forum Member

Mike, I like that pic of Stalker & the boys that is awesome. He looks like to me he 's still got it.

Daisy, Thats a good pic to I'll bet the coons there

Last edited by cliff mullenax on 01-02-2009 at 12:14 AM

Old Post 12-31-2008 09:13 PM
cliff mullenax is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cliff mullenax Click here to Send cliff mullenax a Private Message Find more posts by cliff mullenax Add cliff mullenax to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
paul harris
UKC Forum Member

Nice looking picture of Stalker he still is looking good. Looks pretty flat there sure he likes that. Weather here is not the best cold and windy, not much snow so far but plenty of ice. Also am glad to see other people on here that have enjoyed hunting with him

Katie
good looking picture of the two dogs. Give Fred a call he has a nice 8 month old pup for sale. He runs and trees just needs hunted.

Hope everyone had a nice christmas and happy new year.

PAnitehunter@aol.com

Old Post 12-31-2008 10:52 PM
paul harris is offline Click Here to See the Profile for paul harris Click here to Send paul harris a Private Message Click Here to Email paul harris Find more posts by paul harris Add paul harris to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Barry Hall
UKC Forum Member

Fellow hunters i started reading this because i enjoy reading about dogs that come from my native land that go somewhere and do things. Then after i got into reading farther i read things that remind me of why i am sure glad i moved to Ky. It is sickening how some folks just can't see someone else do well. I don't care if the dog sold for 1.00 or 10,000 the men and boys that have him , enjoy him and that is all that matters. Mr. Hunter who are you?????I been in this business along time and never seen you in a book. I'm sorry for even responding to this but it is sad!!!!!!!!! Mr. Harris congrats on getting one of your hounds somewhere. To the Mccombers hope you all win another big one!!!!Barry Hall 270-928-2688 Carry on!!!!!

Old Post 01-01-2009 03:50 AM
Barry Hall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Barry Hall Click here to Send Barry Hall a Private Message Click Here to Email Barry Hall Find more posts by Barry Hall Add Barry Hall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mikemccomber
UKC Forum Member

Daisy, Paul

Diasy, thanks for the picture. Those are always interesting to see from some time ago.

Paul,

We have more ravines here than hills. Some are pretty darn steep. Seems as though they get steeper every year. We lost all of our snow and ice in ONE night. Got up to about fifty and rained hard. The boys have been out the last couple of nights and the coon are moving good here. I am assuming the boars are now in rut. It time for the races to begin.

Mike

Old Post 01-01-2009 11:14 PM
Mike Van Dusen
UKC Forum Member

Steve and Mike,
I read your add in the cooner and it looks good!

All I can say is I bought a pup off of these men in Nov. of `98, he made me the best COONDOG I have owned,I still feed him everyday.If Steve Conger tells me something I WILL GUARANTEE it is the truth! Good luck with Stalker!

Here is a picture of the dog I bought Slim Lawyer

Old Post 01-02-2009 03:37 AM
Mike Van Dusen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Van Dusen Click here to Send Mike Van Dusen a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Van Dusen Find more posts by Mike Van Dusen Add Mike Van Dusen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
paul harris
UKC Forum Member

Slim Lawyer is a real nice looking hound. What's he out off. Nice head

PAnitehunter@aol.com

Last edited by paul harris on 01-02-2009 at 04:55 AM

Old Post 01-02-2009 04:49 AM
Mike Van Dusen
UKC Forum Member

Slim is out of Gr.Nite Ch. Mack`s Screaming Lawyer x House`s Fancy. Screaming Lawyer was out of World Ch. Mack`s Little Joe, who was out of House`sCruze.Fancy was out of Gr.Nite Ch. House`s Cruze and a daughter of Lipper.Slim was a coon treein` machine," just an old country coondog".Slim is doubled up on Cruze, I `ve been told Cruze was a coon treein` machine!I believe in line breeding because Slim prooved to me that it works.The House blood is good stuff, it can produce coondogs.

Here is a coon Slim treed for me that I still have:

Albino coon treed in 2003.

Old Post 01-02-2009 08:59 PM
Mike Van Dusen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Van Dusen Click here to Send Mike Van Dusen a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Van Dusen Find more posts by Mike Van Dusen Add Mike Van Dusen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cliff mullenax
UKC Forum Member

Awesome mount, & good looking dog.

Old Post 01-03-2009 01:51 AM
cliff mullenax is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cliff mullenax Click here to Send cliff mullenax a Private Message Find more posts by cliff mullenax Add cliff mullenax to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mikemccomber
UKC Forum Member

Slim Lawyer

Mike,

Ole Slim is one fine looking hound. That is some good old time blood. Sure wouldn't mind having a good bred female out of him.

As for Cruze treeing coon, he was a Mercedes Benz until the day we buried him. When that old dog rolled up on a tree, load your gun. T. Bates in Ohio will sure testify to that.

Old Post 01-04-2009 12:41 AM
hunterhaven
UKC Forum Member

Stalker look good tonite he made two trees and had 2 coons. There was ice and snow in the timbers.Thanks mccombers for the hunt.

Travis Earlenbaugh

Old Post 01-04-2009 05:41 AM
hunterhaven is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hunterhaven Click here to Send hunterhaven a Private Message Click Here to Email hunterhaven Find more posts by hunterhaven Add hunterhaven to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bates
UKC Forum Member

Cruze

Mike, You are right about Cruze. He was as good as they get. I hunted him for 4 or 5 years and enjoyed every minute. He is in the top 3 of my favorite hounds I ever turned loose, the other 2 were a grand pup and great grand pup of his..........Tom Bates

Home of 2004 UKC World Champion Gr. Nt. Ch. PKC Ch. Bates' Crytical Chuck ------------ Gr. Nt Ch. PKC Ch. Hard Knockin Odd Ball --------- Nt Ch House's Jammer-------NT CH House's Double Tough Bandit-------- House's Creek

Old Post 01-04-2009 02:29 PM
Bates is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bates Click here to Send Bates a Private Message Find more posts by Bates Add Bates to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote