UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > heartworm preventive
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Re: Reuben

quote:
Originally posted by bearhunter747
If I'm any good wit Fractions 1 1/2 cc for 50 lbs? I've often thought the 1/2 cc was a little weak. How long have you been doing this for? I'd say the reason ivomec doesn't so called work is because or dosages are bit weak.

1.5 mils is the same thing as 1.5 cc’s...

I been doing this since 1980s...I skip between 6 weeks and 2 months...

The heart worms takes 6 months to mature...so 2 months with a big does will kill the microfilaria...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-26-2020 02:34 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Re: Reuben

quote:
Originally posted by bearhunter747
If I'm any good wit Fractions 1 1/2 cc for 50 lbs? I've often thought the 1/2 cc was a little weak. How long have you been doing this for? I'd say the reason ivomec doesn't so called work is because or dosages are bit weak.

1.5 mils is the same thing as 1.5 cc’s...

I been doing this since 1980s...I skip between 6 weeks and 2 months...

The heart worms takes 6 months to mature...so 2 months with a big does will kill the microfilaria...

Old Post 03-26-2020 02:34 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Banger_Bawls
UKC Forum Member

Heartworm Prevention

I've used Trifexus from the vet for the last 6yrs. One pill once a month and never had to worry about any type of worms since. It's a pretty good tick killer as well.

Old Post 03-26-2020 04:28 AM
Banger_Bawls is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Banger_Bawls Click here to Send Banger_Bawls a Private Message Click Here to Email Banger_Bawls Find more posts by Banger_Bawls Add Banger_Bawls to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zman7
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 03-29-2020 02:30 PM
zman7 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for zman7 Click here to Send zman7 a Private Message Click Here to Email zman7 Find more posts by zman7 Add zman7 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

I use paste horse wormer cheap at tractor supply contains ivomec and I give a grown hound regardless of weight or size a dose about the size of an eraser on a pencil and I have never had trouble with heartworm.

Old Post 03-29-2020 04:09 PM
2ol2hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2ol2hunt Click here to Send 2ol2hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email 2ol2hunt Find more posts by 2ol2hunt Add 2ol2hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by 2ol2hunt
I use paste horse wormer cheap at tractor supply contains ivomec and I give a grown hound regardless of weight or size a dose about the size of an eraser on a pencil and I have never had trouble with heartworm.

I use the same...zimecterin is the name brand and is a little on the expensive side so I buy the generic in the paste...

The generic paste has the same concentration as the zimecterin...which is 1.7 percent ivermectin...

The liquid Ivomec is 1 percent ivermectin...

I too have used this for many years but I use almost twice as much but I do it about every other month...

Old Post 03-30-2020 01:06 AM
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by 2ol2hunt

I use the same...zimecterin is the name brand and is a little on the expensive side so I buy the generic in the paste...

The generic paste has the same concentration as the zimecterin...which is 1.7 percent ivermectin...

The liquid Ivomec is 1 percent ivermectin...

I too have used this for many years but I use almost twice as much but I do it about every other month...

Old Post 03-30-2020 01:06 AM
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

I use it every every month in warmer weather and every other month in the cold weather....no worms of any kind but it don't get tapes.

Old Post 03-30-2020 01:42 AM
2ol2hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2ol2hunt Click here to Send 2ol2hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email 2ol2hunt Find more posts by 2ol2hunt Add 2ol2hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clovis A Nailor
UKC Forum Member

Zimectrin gold will get everything but whip worms and anything with fenbendazole will get them

Old Post 03-30-2020 02:35 AM
Clovis A Nailor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clovis A Nailor Click here to Send Clovis A Nailor a Private Message Click Here to Email Clovis A Nailor Find more posts by Clovis A Nailor Add Clovis A Nailor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote