UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > UKC Events and the Corona Virus
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Larry Atherton
UKC Forum Member

Based on the number of people who have only mild symptoms and the number of asymptomatic positive individuals, I believe the percentage of deaths will decrease. The picture we are seeing right now is based on incomplete data.

The biggest difference between flu and coronavirus is the death rates. Flu is basically 1 and coronavius is 3-4. As the complete data picture develops that 3-4 may decrease significantly.

That being said, doesn't imply I think our efforts to decrease exposure are a waste of time. Just look at the differences between China and Taiwan. China has over 80,000 infected with over 3000 deaths, and Taiwan has 50 cases with 1 death.

I have never been a fan of spitting into the wind.

Aim small miss small

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-16-2020 05:09 PM
Larry Atherton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Atherton Click here to Send Larry Atherton a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Atherton Visit Larry Atherton's homepage! Find more posts by Larry Atherton Add Larry Atherton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Larry Atherton
Based on the number of people who have only mild symptoms and the number of asymptomatic positive individuals, I believe the percentage of deaths will decrease. The picture we are seeing right now is based on incomplete data.

The biggest difference between flu and coronavirus is the death rates. Flu is basically 1 and coronavius is 3-4. As the complete data picture develops that 3-4 may decrease significantly.

That being said, doesn't imply I think our efforts to decrease exposure are a waste of time. Just look at the differences between China and Taiwan. China has over 80,000 infected with over 3000 deaths, and Taiwan has 50 cases with 1 death.

I have never been a fan of spitting into the wind.

China's population is 1.4 Billion, while Taiwan is 24 million. So the number of infected would be expected to be much higher. But I do agree, we should take every measure to stop it from spreading- just like we do with the common cold.

Old Post 03-16-2020 05:15 PM
houndsound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for houndsound Click here to Send houndsound a Private Message Click Here to Email houndsound Find more posts by houndsound Add houndsound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

So, do you stop spitting or just stop spitting directly into the wind?

Old Post 03-16-2020 05:25 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clovis A Nailor
UKC Forum Member

Just got back from wal mart the shelves are empty you can't buy a roll of toilet paper or any other paper products or any cleaning supplies. Good thing I work at a paper mill if toilet paper cures it I'm in good shape.

Old Post 03-16-2020 05:29 PM
Clovis A Nailor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clovis A Nailor Click here to Send Clovis A Nailor a Private Message Click Here to Email Clovis A Nailor Find more posts by Clovis A Nailor Add Clovis A Nailor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
I wondered why they were in such a hurry to declare this a National Emergency. Apparently it is just like declaring martial law. We have no "rights" now. The Government call tell us what to do. We can't have any protests so we have no freedom of speech. We can't have an election so we have no democracy. We can't go to church so we have no freedom of religion. Next they will come after our guns. The governor of Virginia is already talking about outlawing hunting and fishing. What have we come to?

Thing I want to know is when the government is shutting down? They are making everyone else.

Old Post 03-17-2020 05:11 PM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote