UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > UKC Events and the Corona Virus
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Huntnharris
UKC Forum Member

UKC Events and the Corona Virus

Curious if UKC has looked at postponing any of the larger events that are scheduled in the near future? I know there are a few breed hunts and the Purina hunt in the next month. NKC just postponed the ARHA Little Pack World Hunt this morning that was scheduled for the end of the month.

www.harrishoundsupply.net

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-12-2020 04:05 PM
Huntnharris is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Huntnharris Click here to Send Huntnharris a Private Message Click Here to Email Huntnharris Visit Huntnharris's homepage! Find more posts by Huntnharris Add Huntnharris to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Virus

I advise every one that has a 401k to change your portfolio to safe investments like bonds until the stock market settles down. I lost 17k this week. Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 03-14-2020 at 02:00 AM

Old Post 03-12-2020 06:47 PM
Dave Richards is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

Re: Virus

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
I advise every one that has a 401k to change your portfolio to safe investments like bonds until the stock market settles down. I lost 10k in the last week. Dave

Everyone??? Heck, I wanna buy more now than I have since '08/'09, but I still have a solid 25 years to go.

Old Post 03-12-2020 07:24 PM
Adam Wingler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Wingler Click here to Send Adam Wingler a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam Wingler Find more posts by Adam Wingler Add Adam Wingler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2nd Mac
UKC Forum Member

quote:
I advise every one that has a 401k to change your portfolio to safe investments like bonds until the stock market settles down. I lost 10k in the last week. Dave
I wish that was all I had lost. Can’t afford to bail now.

Old Post 03-12-2020 07:56 PM
2nd Mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2nd Mac Click here to Send 2nd Mac a Private Message Find more posts by 2nd Mac Add 2nd Mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Virus

quote:
Originally posted by 2nd Mac

You can say that again!

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 03-12-2020 07:57 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jdgher
UKC Forum Member

quote:

In 2008 I did just that. It was a mistake. I won't do that again. Like Dave Ramsey said earlier today " Don't get off a roller coaster in the middle of a ride". He's correct.

GRNTCH PR' Steve-O and Chili's Red Flow
NTCH PR' Twisters Musical Red Huey DNA-VIP Perf Sire 06'07 Deceased 11/07
Former Home of
NTCH 'PR' Swann's Lonesome Red Music/ Kitty
NTCH. CH PR' SawBlade Red Reckon
NTCH. CH PR' Gher's Timber Mt. Brandy
Breeder of
GRNTCH PR' Daugherty's Red BUBBA
NTCH CH PR' BA'S Tree Top Rockin Griddle
NTCH PR' Lickcreek Backwoods Lil Red Annie

Old Post 03-12-2020 08:14 PM
jdgher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jdgher Click here to Send jdgher a Private Message Click Here to Email jdgher Find more posts by jdgher Add jdgher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Virus

quote:
Originally posted by nitehunter2004
You can say that again!

Dollars are much less scary than %. ha.

It's proven, stocks drop quicker than they rise, but rise more than they drop...that is unless the particular company goes out of business.

Old Post 03-12-2020 08:18 PM
Adam Wingler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Wingler Click here to Send Adam Wingler a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam Wingler Find more posts by Adam Wingler Add Adam Wingler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Stocks

I should have clarified my advice was for the older folks like myself that do not have the years left to recoup the losses. I have spent a career in the financial field and by the looks of things WE are headed for a RECESSION. Younger folks that have 20 to 30 years before retiring should stay the course in the stock market. Folks close to or retired SHOULD GET OUT OF THE STOCK MARKET. If you want to invest, invest in real estate. Dave

Old Post 03-12-2020 09:37 PM
Dave Richards is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Virus

quote:
Originally posted by Adam Wingler
Dollars are much less scary than %. ha.

It's proven, stocks drop quicker than they rise, but rise more than they drop...that is unless the particular company goes out of business.

Gonna see what happens over the weekend but I’m fixing to dump a pile of cash on a few stock and hope for the best. 👍.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

Homemade Tank.

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

(828) 302-5480

Old Post 03-12-2020 10:05 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tim Osborne

Can't wait to see how that will pan out. At my age of 71, my gambling days are over, my pile of cash is setting safe and sound as we type. Wish you the very best, hope you make a bundle. Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 03-12-2020 at 10:31 PM

Old Post 03-12-2020 10:24 PM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

A fearful population is easily controlled.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

Homemade Tank.

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

(828) 302-5480

Old Post 03-12-2020 10:38 PM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Re: Re: Virus

quote:
Originally posted by 2nd Mac

X2 in for the long haul scared to even look lol. Just gotta think of it like imaginary monopoly $ right now.
Tim it will be a buyers market we made the mistake of not doing back in 08' with 3 kids at home it wasn't an option. I remember at a low one of ours had went from $17 to .50 a lot of people we know made a huge amount when they bought in at the low.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 03-12-2020 11:18 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harleydan1956
UKC Forum Member

Ohio Governor just banned any public gathering of over 100 people. RQE's... Breed sectionals that draw tons could be in trouble....

Canton, ohio
330-904-3392

Home of:
Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Moonlight Serenade... Gr. Ch. Nite Ch PR Hillbillys Smokey River Dutch HTX X Gr. Ch. Nite CH. PR Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara
Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Lil Bit of Respect.... Ch. Nite Ch PR Shivers' Magic Lead X GR. Ch. Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Betty Jane
PR. Lethal Blue Tayen Grace..... Nite Ch. Pr Coffins creek running J.R. X Gr Ch Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Moonlite Serenade.

Gone but never forgotten
Gr. Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara... Dual Gr. Ch PR Bowens Blue Deuce X Ch. Nite Ch. PR Becky.

Gr Ch Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Betty Jane...... PR. Crites Soggy Bottom Blue Banjo X PR. Mosquito Creek Tree mamma Sis

Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Rattlin Samantha ... Dual Gr Ch PR Mid Ohio Rattlin Sam X Gr Ch PR. Lethal Blue Jet's Xena

Gr. Ch. Nite Ch Hillbilly's Smokey River Blue Dutch HTX..... Gr. Ch. Gr. Nite Ch Pr. Smokey River Tramp's Blue Lake and Pr. Misty River Blue Doll III.
(Dutch wasn't ours, but he was here and like one of the family)

Pr. Dan's little Porter.... my last beagle...

Old Post 03-12-2020 11:51 PM
harleydan1956 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for harleydan1956 Click here to Send harleydan1956 a Private Message Click Here to Email harleydan1956 Find more posts by harleydan1956 Add harleydan1956 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JHayes
UKC Forum Member

Could they not meet in different locations to get around the 100 people rule?

Old Post 03-12-2020 11:53 PM
JHayes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JHayes Click here to Send JHayes a Private Message Click Here to Email JHayes Find more posts by JHayes Add JHayes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JHayes

Really , in a pandemic ur looking for a loop hole to jeopardize people's health ....putting dogs 1st........u sir r out of line !

Old Post 03-13-2020 12:03 AM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harleydan1956
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JHayes

Again ANY PUBLIC GATHERING. Of over 100 people is banned.

Canton, ohio
330-904-3392

Home of:
Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Moonlight Serenade... Gr. Ch. Nite Ch PR Hillbillys Smokey River Dutch HTX X Gr. Ch. Nite CH. PR Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara
Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Lil Bit of Respect.... Ch. Nite Ch PR Shivers' Magic Lead X GR. Ch. Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Betty Jane
PR. Lethal Blue Tayen Grace..... Nite Ch. Pr Coffins creek running J.R. X Gr Ch Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Moonlite Serenade.

Gone but never forgotten
Gr. Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara... Dual Gr. Ch PR Bowens Blue Deuce X Ch. Nite Ch. PR Becky.

Gr Ch Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Betty Jane...... PR. Crites Soggy Bottom Blue Banjo X PR. Mosquito Creek Tree mamma Sis

Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Rattlin Samantha ... Dual Gr Ch PR Mid Ohio Rattlin Sam X Gr Ch PR. Lethal Blue Jet's Xena

Gr. Ch. Nite Ch Hillbilly's Smokey River Blue Dutch HTX..... Gr. Ch. Gr. Nite Ch Pr. Smokey River Tramp's Blue Lake and Pr. Misty River Blue Doll III.
(Dutch wasn't ours, but he was here and like one of the family)

Pr. Dan's little Porter.... my last beagle...

Old Post 03-13-2020 12:05 AM
harleydan1956 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for harleydan1956 Click here to Send harleydan1956 a Private Message Click Here to Email harleydan1956 Find more posts by harleydan1956 Add harleydan1956 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JHayes
UKC Forum Member

Sorry boss, was asking a question if it was possible to have Satellite clubs so there where not be 100 people in one place.
AGAIN sorry

Old Post 03-13-2020 12:11 AM
JHayes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JHayes Click here to Send JHayes a Private Message Click Here to Email JHayes Find more posts by JHayes Add JHayes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JHayes
UKC Forum Member

no Sir I wasn’t being out of line I asked a question.
this isn’t the BLACK PLAGUE

Old Post 03-13-2020 12:14 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Gatherings

Fools rush in where wise men fear to tread, difference between being controlled and having some sense. P?T. BARNUM used to say there is a sucker born every minute, some things prove his point. Dave

Old Post 03-13-2020 12:23 AM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Real men run in while Cowards run out Tim Osborne!

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

Homemade Tank.

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

(828) 302-5480

Old Post 03-13-2020 12:29 AM
JHayes
UKC Forum Member

What fools are you referring to Dave?

Old Post 03-13-2020 12:36 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

JHayes

Just the ones that that mistake folly for bravery. Dave

Old Post 03-13-2020 12:42 AM
JHayes
UKC Forum Member

Got it

Old Post 03-13-2020 12:46 AM
4play
UKC Forum Member

JMO

Invest in oil.It's gonna go right back up.Dbl-triple your $$$
Friend of mine works for a banking chain.Investment manager told him the bank itself invested in oil.

Nitech Stylish Clover Shark Jill - RIP 'Ole Girl
{Great White Shark x Brush Creek Patch}

Old Post 03-13-2020 12:46 AM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

4play

Oil will be a goid investment in the long run, it's a finite commodity and Not being replaced. The Banking Industry stock is nose diving and a poor investment. Dave

Old Post 03-13-2020 01:05 AM