UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Minus Out rule
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Shoresg
UKC Forum Member

a

a

931-308-1908
GrNtCh Hickory Holler Crazy Kate "GrNtCh Cabin Crk Rowdy X GrNtCh Moss's Hardtime Sugar Kane"RIP"
'PR' ForestGhost Hardtime Kim "GrNtCh Cabin Creek Rowdy X GrNtCh Hardtime Bell "RIP"

Last edited by Shoresg on 03-11-2020 at 10:17 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-10-2020 06:34 PM
Shoresg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Shoresg Click here to Send Shoresg a Private Message Click Here to Email Shoresg Find more posts by Shoresg Add Shoresg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prime Time 29
UKC Forum Member

I agree with you, but here is my question? What would you lower it to? If you cut it in half to 200-, you could minus out in one tree. Maybe that is the answer, but I would hate for my slick treeing idiots to minus out 5 minutes out of the truck, on one tree. In my opinion, if it were lowered to 300- that would be a good place for the 60 and 90-minute hunts.

GRNITECHHOF PKC CHAMPION ‘PR' PRIME TIME OUTLAW JESSE JAMES HTX3
2019 6th Place UKC World Championship
2019 Purina Race National Leader

Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!!!
–- Wyatt Earp

People accuse me of being color blind. The truth is I will hunt red ones, blue ones, black and white ones, yellow ones, black and tan ones, or even brindle ones; Just as long as they are English!

Old Post 03-10-2020 07:19 PM
Prime Time 29 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Prime Time 29 Click here to Send Prime Time 29 a Private Message Click Here to Email Prime Time 29 Find more posts by Prime Time 29 Add Prime Time 29 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jack Bingham
UKC Forum Member

If i'm worried about my dog minusing out i'm not going to a hunt.

A screw up on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

HOME OF

GRNitech PKC Platinum CH PR Mosquito Creek Danno's Buggs 2018 American Redbone Champion. 2019 World Champion Female. 2020 PURINA NATIONALS CH.

GRNITE CH Mosquito Creek Hank 2020 top 100

NITE CH SILVER CH Jersey Girl 2020 Top 100

GRNITE CH SILVER CH. Wipeout Small Pox 2020 Top 100

NITECH River Valley Rain

R.I.P.
GRNitech PKC CH GRCH Awesome Mosquito Crk. Lick 2016 World Champion Redbone Female

R.I.P.
DUAL GRAND PR ANDREWS MOSQUITO CREEK GO MAN SAM DNA-P

R.I.P.
GRNITECH PR Thunder creek Squeller 2cast wins NRCA. 4 cast wins AKC qualified for AKC 2009,2010,2011 world hunt. Qualified for 2008,2009 and 2010 UKC worlds. World Finalist at the 2010 UKC Worlds. Money won in PKC

R.I.P. NITECH PR Faith's Image ( 3-UKC 1st) cast win at NRCA 6TH AT ARCA Money won in PKC

Look us up on Facebook: Mosquito Creek Redbones

Old Post 03-10-2020 08:53 PM
Jack Bingham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jack Bingham Click here to Send Jack Bingham a Private Message Click Here to Email Jack Bingham Visit Jack Bingham's homepage! Find more posts by Jack Bingham Add Jack Bingham to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prime Time 29
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jack Bingham
If i'm worried about my dog minusing out i'm not going to a hunt.

True, we usually get to scratch most redbones around here for failure to hunt, well before 400 minus

I hope you can take a joke because I am 100% kidding. I just like to cut up with you guys who have those dogs that walk on water lol!!! All jokes aside, Tyler Lucas has a very nice redbone around here, and he wins most of his cast.

–- Wyatt Earp

People accuse me of being color blind. The truth is I will hunt red ones, blue ones, black and white ones, yellow ones, black and tan ones, or even brindle ones; Just as long as they are English!

Old Post 03-10-2020 09:05 PM
Prime Time 29 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Prime Time 29 Click here to Send Prime Time 29 a Private Message Click Here to Email Prime Time 29 Find more posts by Prime Time 29 Add Prime Time 29 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jack Bingham
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Prime Time 29
True, we usually get to scratch most redbones around here for failure to hunt, well before 400 minus

I hope you can take a joke because I am 100% kidding. I just like to cut up with you guys who have those dogs that walk on water lol!!! All jokes aside, Tyler Lucas has a very nice redbone around here, and he wins most of his cast.

Trust me i've hunted with plenty that i wouldn't feed and need to take a dirt nap. But to each there own i don't have to feed them.

A screw up on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

HOME OF

GRNitech PKC Platinum CH PR Mosquito Creek Danno's Buggs 2018 American Redbone Champion. 2019 World Champion Female. 2020 PURINA NATIONALS CH.

GRNITE CH Mosquito Creek Hank 2020 top 100

NITE CH SILVER CH Jersey Girl 2020 Top 100

GRNITE CH SILVER CH. Wipeout Small Pox 2020 Top 100

NITECH River Valley Rain

R.I.P.
GRNitech PKC CH GRCH Awesome Mosquito Crk. Lick 2016 World Champion Redbone Female

R.I.P.
DUAL GRAND PR ANDREWS MOSQUITO CREEK GO MAN SAM DNA-P

R.I.P.
GRNITECH PR Thunder creek Squeller 2cast wins NRCA. 4 cast wins AKC qualified for AKC 2009,2010,2011 world hunt. Qualified for 2008,2009 and 2010 UKC worlds. World Finalist at the 2010 UKC Worlds. Money won in PKC

R.I.P. NITECH PR Faith's Image ( 3-UKC 1st) cast win at NRCA 6TH AT ARCA Money won in PKC

Look us up on Facebook: Mosquito Creek Redbones

Old Post 03-10-2020 09:36 PM
Jack Bingham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jack Bingham Click here to Send Jack Bingham a Private Message Click Here to Email Jack Bingham Visit Jack Bingham's homepage! Find more posts by Jack Bingham Add Jack Bingham to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

What about the non hunting dog? It’s still 15 min. I always figure if it’s standing around, it’s not out beating me so let it stand around. I always think if it’s making slick trees it SHOULDNT be beating me either. With all that said I didn’t care if they backed me for 75 on tree either, but the sky was falling and without this new rule change the only thing winning was me too backers..... 😎

Old Post 03-10-2020 11:24 PM
Sonny Phipps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Phipps Click here to Send Sonny Phipps a Private Message Click Here to Email Sonny Phipps Find more posts by Sonny Phipps Add Sonny Phipps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

If the non hunting rule is 15 min for a 2 hr hunt, should it be changed to 7 min during a 1 hr hunt?

Old Post 03-11-2020 12:04 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Just my opinion

Get rid of both rules or your dog. If a dog draws that much minus in a hunt and comes back to beat you or stands at your feet for a 1/4 of the hunt and beats you. Than really which dog needs to be worked on???

Old Post 03-11-2020 12:29 AM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
randywoodard2
UKC Forum Member

They was a dog here 20 years ago named little Joe, would run around the truck and when dogs treed he went in and covered real quick!! And clean a tree quick! Sucker was light broke and that p.o.s finished to grand!

Pr.Woodards Late Night Trix

Old Post 03-11-2020 01:17 AM
randywoodard2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for randywoodard2 Click here to Send randywoodard2 a Private Message Click Here to Email randywoodard2 Find more posts by randywoodard2 Add randywoodard2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

I took 350 minus in the first 25 minutes of a one hour hunt due to my dog being an idiot and me wanting to call faster since I didn’t want to waste time in an hour hunt. One dog took 75- and the third dog none. Then I had First and first on the next drop with a coon then first and first alone on a den before the hour was up. If it had been a Coon instead of a den I would have won the cast. If I was one of the other handlers in the cast and had gotten beat like that I wouldn’t have had a complaint in the world.

Old Post 03-11-2020 03:27 AM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

John Smith

I really liked your post, still laughing as I type this reply! I feel exactly like you do, if a dog drawing minus points can beat my dog, I will congratulate him. I will not complain if a non hunting dog or a dog with minus points can beat my dog, that tells me exactly what kind of coon dog I have and that's NOT MUCH IMO. Dave

Old Post 03-11-2020 06:24 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

With the shorter times I am seeing a lot of dead cast and not because they minus out because they couldn’t tree a coon.

Get you a dog that can tree one coon in an hour and keep its points and you will win simple as that !!!

Tar

Old Post 03-11-2020 01:32 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Agree Tar

I've said for years, "Give me a dog that can get 1st & 1st with a coon & take no minus" & I'll win over 50% of the casts. But a dog that takes 100-, during the hour hunt will lose over 50% of it's casts, whether it be dogs fault or bad call from handler. I wouldn't even worry about changing the 'minus out' rule or 'non-hunting' rule on a UKC cast. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 03-11-2020 03:45 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prime Time 29
UKC Forum Member

Re: Agree Tar

quote:
Originally posted by Rolin Blues
I've said for years, "Give me a dog that can get 1st & 1st with a coon & take no minus" & I'll win over 50% of the casts. But a dog that takes 100-, during the hour hunt will lose over 50% of it's casts, whether it be dogs fault or bad call from handler. I wouldn't even worry about changing the 'minus out' rule or 'non-hunting' rule on a UKC cast. Take care, Ron.

Ron, I agree with no minus in these hunts equals wins!!!

–- Wyatt Earp

Old Post 03-11-2020 04:47 PM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

The idea of most of the rule change was to simplify hunts and make them more user friendly from the beginner to the hard core competition hunter. Some loopholes have been closed and dogs are able to spend more time off leash competing. Clubs have the option of 3 different hunt times 60, 90 & 120 and then slams, double headers or regular hunts. These options let a club use what works in their area at their club. With rule changes that have been widely accepted and are working let's not complicate things by having different rules for different hunt durations.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 03-11-2020 05:13 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
The idea of most of the rule change was to simplify hunts and make them more user friendly from the beginner to the hard core competition huntDr.....

Oh my goodness, I thought that the idea was to give old deep and lonely an advantage. I also thought that the rule changes were for the younger hard core handlers that hunted their dogs by themselves every night.

Old Post 03-11-2020 05:57 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

The hunt duration times changed, not the scoring. Why would you change anything about minusing out?? 1st & 1st on a slick is still 225- no matter if you hunt 10hours or 10mins.

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

GRNITECH ST. JOHN'S STYLISH REX
(Ol south stylish Rebel X Janey)

GRNITECH' AFTER DARK'S JAN-IT
(Sweat It X Janey)

DUAL GRNITE' LONETREE LEGEND (R.I.P.)
(Noct. Style X Southern Sky)

GRNITECH' STYLISH LITTLE PEG(R.I.P.)
(Trackman X Browns Little Peg)

GRNITECH 'PR' JANEY'S GOTTA GUN
(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

NITECH ‘PR’ REBELS STYLISH MOJA
(Ol Souths Stylish Rebel X Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

NITECH' SEVEN MILE SLOOPY(R.I.P.)
(Skipper x Big time Trixie)

Proud UNION JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
https://i.postimg.cc/654pWfzm/IMG-1920.png
I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Old Post 03-11-2020 06:33 PM
jkidd1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkidd1 Click here to Send jkidd1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jkidd1 Find more posts by jkidd1 Add jkidd1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

My opinion on it is pretty much let them stand around all night if they want, let them cover for 75 at 4:59 min, and let them get as many minus as they can.....

If this type of dog is beating you often, it on you

Old Post 03-11-2020 08:35 PM
Sonny Phipps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Phipps Click here to Send Sonny Phipps a Private Message Click Here to Email Sonny Phipps Find more posts by Sonny Phipps Add Sonny Phipps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Minus rule

Just discussing this rule is another example of over thinking RULES. Who cares at what level a dog minuses out, if you are getting beat by a dog with minus points, you need a better dog. On an hour hunt, it would be difficult for a dog to come back and win with minus points if any dog in the cast was worth a dime. If I am hunting a dog and it gets beat by a dog that won't hunt or a dog with minus points, I know my problem is dog power and NO Rule will help with that problem. Dave

Old Post 03-11-2020 08:46 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Oh my goodness, I thought that the idea was to give old deep and lonely an advantage. I also thought that the rule changes were for the younger hard core handlers that hunted their dogs by themselves every night.

Your ponytail is to tight today.
How does blowing on a squaller shaking vines ect and not getting scratched benefit deep and lonely? How does allowing HD & MOH the ability to ask about a missing symbol help deep and lonely? How does seeing off game to scratch benefit deep and lonely? How does a warning system on calling the wrong dog benefit deep and lonely? How does the ability to cut your dog loose instead of leading to deep and lonely benefit deep and lonely? How does a 3 min tree allowing you to get in there faster and score and re-cut benefit deep and lonely? I suppose the only rule change that remotely is beneficial to deep and lonely is the countdown that still allows a dog 2 minutes to cover before it receives less points but it benefits the dog that actually treed a coon and those that are doing the work not just coming in to tree because something else is barking treed. It seems that you must be speaking of dogs having the ability to score 75 on trees nearly 5 minutes late. That change benefits the coondog and takes away the me too advantage, nothing to do with deep and lonely.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 03-11-2020 08:56 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Don't get offended

Jen don't let him shake you up. He hunts redbones and like them in this case he's babbling and barking up the wrong tree, for no apparent reason.

Old Post 03-12-2020 12:07 AM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Re: Don't get offended

quote:
Originally posted by nextcoonhunters
Jen don't let him shake you up. He hunts redbones and like them in this case he's babbling and barking up the wrong tree, for no apparent reason.

Lol. Most people are happy with the changes then there is Richard. I never let him shake me up but don't mind giving him a little heck!

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 03-12-2020 01:06 AM
Rick St.Clair
UKC Forum Member

I personally couldn't care less how much minus a dog takes or how long they stand at our feet, but when trying to build a score with one that is doing as it should one only can waste so much valuable hunt time looking at slick trees.

Old Post 03-12-2020 02:34 AM
Rick St.Clair is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rick St.Clair Click here to Send Rick St.Clair a Private Message Click Here to Email Rick St.Clair Find more posts by Rick St.Clair Add Rick St.Clair to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

Now Rick I will say that’s a good valid point

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

GRNITECH ST. JOHN'S STYLISH REX
(Ol south stylish Rebel X Janey)

GRNITECH' AFTER DARK'S JAN-IT
(Sweat It X Janey)

DUAL GRNITE' LONETREE LEGEND (R.I.P.)
(Noct. Style X Southern Sky)

GRNITECH' STYLISH LITTLE PEG(R.I.P.)
(Trackman X Browns Little Peg)

GRNITECH 'PR' JANEY'S GOTTA GUN
(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

NITECH ‘PR’ REBELS STYLISH MOJA
(Ol Souths Stylish Rebel X Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

NITECH' SEVEN MILE SLOOPY(R.I.P.)
(Skipper x Big time Trixie)

Proud UNION JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
https://i.postimg.cc/654pWfzm/IMG-1920.png
I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Old Post 03-12-2020 03:50 AM
jkidd1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkidd1 Click here to Send jkidd1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jkidd1 Find more posts by jkidd1 Add jkidd1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Don't get offended

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
...... I never let him shake me up ....

Well darn....

Old Post 03-12-2020 02:29 PM