UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > SETWD’s Attendance?
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

SETWD’s Attendance?

I wasn’t there this year, but I heard on Friday it was a ghost town and then just a little bit better crowd on Saturday. Hardly no vendors setup outside and hardly none in the buildings that are typically packed from one end to the other. From two stud dog barns being filled to less than a handful of stud dogs showing up.

So what is your opinion on the crowds this year if you were there?

I’ve watched this hunt go from the second biggest hunt I’ve ever attended to one that is in desperate need of help

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Last edited by HOBO on 03-01-2020 at 12:18 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-01-2020 12:16 PM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
halin
UKC Forum Member

You should’ve showed up then you would have had first hand knowledge! Every year you are the first to post something about this hunt. It is what it is.....come support the hunt!

Old Post 03-01-2020 12:34 PM
halin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for halin Click here to Send halin a Private Message Click Here to Email halin Find more posts by halin Add halin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

I couldn’t go this year because we sold our house and went to settlement. Thanks for your concern about me not being there.

Maybe I’m the first one to say something about it because I am worried about a hunt I live to attend is dying a slow death.

Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 03-01-2020 12:59 PM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wart
UKC Forum Member

Hunt

They hunted close to 100 dogs on Thursday a double header that's 200 to 300 dogs in 3 nights that's sound pretty good to me the stud barn business is long gone nothing like 20 years ago only a hand full of treeing walker stud dogs get breed steady and they DONT ADVERTISE I would go in a heartbeat but I'm 1000 miles away it sounds like some of the membership doesn't get along

Old Post 03-01-2020 01:08 PM
wart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wart Click here to Send wart a Private Message Find more posts by wart Add wart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I think that’s were a lot of the hunters that have some mileage of us are. Richard thought I should jump in the truck and go to the Oklahoma winter classic it’s 5 hrs. Bossman thought I should have been at Batesville its 9 hrs. Texas state hunt and ada Oklahoma are 2 hrs and 3 hrs. Plus motels and gas and eats and ain’t none of that cheap. Us old doggies are just burnt out on the grind. Maybe that’s why numbers are low.

Tar

Old Post 03-01-2020 01:20 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Re: Hunt

quote:
Originally posted by wart
They hunted close to 100 dogs on Thursday a double header that's 200 to 300 dogs in 3 nights that's sound pretty good to me the stud barn business is long gone nothing like 20 years ago only a hand full of treeing walker stud dogs get breed steady and they DONT ADVERTISE I would go in a heartbeat but I'm 1000 miles away it sounds like some of the membership doesn't get along

5 or 6 years ago we hunted 300 dogs a nite. The members get along great, the board gets along great, the members have no say so about anything, the board decides when, where, how and why, the board decides who sits on the board LOL.

Old Post 03-01-2020 01:29 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wart
UKC Forum Member

Hunt

So is there really a better place near there to have this hunt with plenty hunting spots we used to hunt 200 dogs at our state hunt and now hunt only 40 or 50 so numbers are down some everywhere

Old Post 03-01-2020 01:50 PM
wart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wart Click here to Send wart a Private Message Find more posts by wart Add wart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bearhunter747
UKC Forum Member

😔

I attended and was very disappointed! Hardly no vendors although I did spend bout 700 bucks I was prepared to spend more as I wanted to buy a aluminium Rigg box but there was only 1...... I repeat only 1 box vendor there! No way to get a deal that way. They need to move this hunt back north to Salisbury Nc as I have attended my last lackluster SETWD in Union county SC.

Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid! (John Wayne)

Old Post 03-01-2020 03:23 PM
bearhunter747 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bearhunter747 Click here to Send bearhunter747 a Private Message Find more posts by bearhunter747 Add bearhunter747 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike fleming
UKC Forum Member

If they want move it start a new hunt problem solved.

Old Post 03-01-2020 03:32 PM
mike fleming is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike fleming Click here to Send mike fleming a Private Message Find more posts by mike fleming Add mike fleming to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

I know I shouldn't say much since I didn't attend again this year but I have no intention of driving 3 1/2 hrs. each way to a hunt that has turned out to be as disappointing as this with no restaurants or motels or even hunting spots. Thought the 5 year contract was up this year and havent heard what has been decided on this hunt. If it stays in Union it's over for this hunt. I know of one location that wanted this hunt and they were having trouble finding anyone to talk to. This should be voted on by the members and I would have gone if the members had a say so. I just hate to see the decline of one of the best hunts and associations that we've ever had. Now a place thats so far off the grid that it's hard to find, nowhere to eat, sleep or hunt. We used to draw hunters from all over the states now it's mainly just the locals that attend and defend the location.
RIP Southeastern T W A

Old Post 03-01-2020 03:35 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Yadkinriver, I’ve heard they voted to leave it there. Although I haven’t seen anything official.

Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 03-01-2020 03:41 PM
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Hard to get accurate info. We didn't get a vote for moving it and was told the board was only ones voting. Wish I knew for sure but it's probably too late to do anything.

Old Post 03-01-2020 03:50 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wart
UKC Forum Member

Hunt

It sounds like it's time to move it around

Old Post 03-01-2020 03:53 PM
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkinriver
Hard to get accurate info. We didn't get a vote for moving it and was told the board was only ones voting. Wish I knew for sure but it's probably too late to do anything.

I have a post on Facebook about the hunt as well and two of three guys have said they heard it was staying in Union. Most say the say thing that the crowds get smaller and smaller each year.

Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 03-01-2020 04:02 PM
Driveshaft
UKC Forum Member

Setw

When I first started going in the mid 90's it was huge. Wtf happened? This hunt is not much bigger than a rqe. Sad sad sad.

Old Post 03-01-2020 04:17 PM
Driveshaft is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Driveshaft Click here to Send Driveshaft a Private Message Click Here to Email Driveshaft Find more posts by Driveshaft Add Driveshaft to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

It is Not moving. To The one vendor that has posted that it was Wall to Wall with people and business was great Why did the board vote to let you guys set up for free?

Old Post 03-01-2020 04:36 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ralph Williams
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by nitehunter2004
It is Not moving. To The one vendor that has posted that it was Wall to Wall with people and business was great Why did the board vote to let you guys set up for free?
I haven't posted for awhile but I was there Saturday till about 11am cause I had already saw everything that was there and couldn’t find what I was looking for and it was definitely not wall to wall with people so maybe they came later!?! Some of vendors inside the building were only selling jewelry so it felt more like a flee market to me than an actual hunt nothing against them just saying.

Old Post 03-01-2020 08:10 PM
Ralph Williams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ralph Williams Click here to Send Ralph Williams a Private Message Click Here to Email Ralph Williams Find more posts by Ralph Williams Add Ralph Williams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wart
UKC Forum Member

Hunt

They used to hunt 200 dogs a night at ada okla. Walker hunt in March it's way down now only about 30 to 40 dogs

Old Post 03-01-2020 08:27 PM
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Hadnt heard that but if that is true that is awesome awesome..Thank you to the board if that is correct info!!

Old Post 03-01-2020 08:32 PM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Wall to wall people all day saturday!! Few opt not to go..Their choice..Great facilities and good people putting it on..Plenty of woods to hunt for safety..As long as we can introduce people in our sport will continue to grow..The competition side definitely needs help..Hundreds and hundreds of bear hunters showed up..Hundreds and Hundreds of squirrel hunters showed up.Lord willing see ya there next year!

__________________Most have read my response too quick to comprehend..Wall to wall people doesnt always mean business was great..My tent filled up several times but no where did i say business was great..Ive seen thousands of vehicles parked at major malls and sears and roebuck went out of business also.

Old Post 03-01-2020 08:38 PM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Hunt

quote:
Originally posted by wart
They used to hunt 200 dogs a night at ada okla. Walker hunt in March it's way down now only about 30 to 40 dogs

Not meaning this the wrong way but of the major hunts that ukc staff attends they do well. Just maybe they need to attend some of the major hunts that are floundering to problem solve and try to get them back on their feet if I owned ukc I would.

Sincerely :

Tar

Old Post 03-01-2020 08:40 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Hunt

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Not meaning this the wrong way but of the major hunts that ukc staff attends they do well. Just maybe they need to attend some of the major hunts that are floundering to problem solve and try to get them back on their feet if I owned ukc I would.

Sincerely :

Tar

Allen was there..The ukc world squirrel hunt was right down the road and he was pulling double duty..Hadnt slept in three days..Finals was today and we should have a new world champion in that division.

Old Post 03-01-2020 08:54 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Maybe you and him should come to the Texas state hunt and ada Oklahoma. We would treat y’all like kin.

Tar

Old Post 03-01-2020 09:06 PM
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Maybe you and him should come to the Texas state hunt and ada Oklahoma. We would treat y’all like kin.

Tar

Been out there before i bought redgy out..Enjoyed my time there..Ada is a great location and the hunting was alright also..Got to fly in and fly out..Not sure how the ramseys made the 20 plus hour trip to every hunt..Im so far east that is 14 or so to everything in illinois and northern indiana..Got trucks in the yard and combined they have close to three million miles on them.

Old Post 03-01-2020 09:28 PM
yadkintar
Banned

John everything is at least that far for me I am 30 miles north of whitesborro tx. I am going to the Texas state hunt got to work hard all summer then me and Corey will see you and Allen at autum oaks.

Tar

Old Post 03-01-2020 09:33 PM