UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Hunting This Summer
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
wildcat3
UKC Forum Member

Hunting This Summer

Here in North Carolina its turned off hot and the woods are thick. I expect they are in a lot of places other than the far north. When I was in my 20s I never slowed down. I hunted just as hard in the spring and summer and I would in fall and winter. I fought off the bugs, pollen snakes and other critters with little consideration. As much as I hate to admit it I'm turning into one of those that whines and makes excuses not to hunt during the warmer months. I use to make fun of those guys and say they weren't real hunters, and now look at me! I think I've been twice the entire month of May. However I did talk to some of my buddies there are regular 5-6 nights a week during the winter and they also told me they haven't been in the woods much at all. Woods are so thick and nasty along these creek bottoms I hunt you might get one spot around the the whole tree where you can squall one part of it. I suppose if I was pushing a young dog in the hunts I may do a little more hunting around the house this time of year but for right now I think my old dog and myself will make it just fine hunting on "light duty" between now and fall.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-23-2018 04:23 PM
wildcat3 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildcat3 Click here to Send wildcat3 a Private Message Click Here to Email wildcat3 Find more posts by wildcat3 Add wildcat3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

We do this for fun don't we? If it ain't fun, I'm not going. Fortunately, I live up here in the great white north where we don't sweat the snakes. It's rougher but all that means is I have to run over more stuff to get to the tree but I will get there and I won't be walking it. As for shining the tree, you might as well just throw away the bright light but with these new red LED'S, if they are there, I will find'em.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 05-23-2018 04:40 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

I'm 70 yrs old and so far I haven't missed a night yet because of the heat, bugs, or anything else. I go on alternant nights But when it stops cooling off at night then I'll skip going. I don't like to see my dogs get too hot.

Old Post 05-23-2018 05:45 PM
croatankid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for croatankid Click here to Send croatankid a Private Message Click Here to Email croatankid Find more posts by croatankid Add croatankid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BGathright
UKC Forum Member

Fort Worth, Texas here.

I am hunting Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday right now.

Once it gets into July, August and Mid-September, I will just hunt twice a week.

Old Post 05-23-2018 10:41 PM
BGathright is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BGathright Click here to Send BGathright a Private Message Click Here to Email BGathright Find more posts by BGathright Add BGathright to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Was up at 5:00 and on the river but wasn't chasing coons put 19 catfish in the freezer fish quit biting I will go back to hunting lol.

Tar

Old Post 05-24-2018 12:20 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

lmbo

after the winter we had here in the north !! never will I complain about the heat again !!! bring it on !!!

Old Post 05-24-2018 12:28 AM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Hunting in the summer is miserable. BUT, I was looking forward to it until. The rains came and have been here for the past two weeks everyday. There are only so many things a man can take. LOL Heat, bugs, varmints and now throw in high water to trip and fall into. The rain needs to slow down and the water level go down and I can deal with the rest and look forward to it.

Old Post 05-24-2018 12:21 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jparker
UKC Forum Member

I can take the cold or heat but the other night me and the wife went out with the old boy and two young ones they struck and treed within 15 mins in a beaver hole went in all was good coming out the wife screams snake look down a foot from my groin area between my legs swam a cotton mouth thank god he didnt think i was a tree and climbed up my leg the good lord was watching out for me is all i can say

Old Post 05-25-2018 03:59 AM
Jparker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jparker Click here to Send Jparker a Private Message Click Here to Email Jparker Find more posts by Jparker Add Jparker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote