UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > false barking dogs
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
hat creek mac
UKC Forum Member

false barking dogs

It seems this is becoming more and more common to encounter dogs that never shut their mouths ALL NIGHT LONG. They can strike them right off the chain and not worry about the time catching them. Had a dog come down here in my country last weekend, that I knew had done some winning, but had no idea he was a barking idiot. I have always called them STRIKE STEALERS! Look at some of the all time winners now a days. Bark bark bark all night long. Some of the younger guys think this is cool. The rules are in place to judge these dogs, but no one has the backbone anymore. If you sent them packing a few times, they wouldn't come back. But the opposite is done, and we award them for being dishonest. Then they are bragged up on these message boards and social media. The unknowing then buy pups out of them because they are "winners." Pretty sad that there isn't much honor left. Most of these guys will hunt whatever it takes. Give them a barker and one of these disguised garmins to tone and shock with and they are ready to travel!

Sad but true... My vent for the day is over LOL

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-22-2018 01:26 PM
hat creek mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hat creek mac Click here to Send hat creek mac a Private Message Click Here to Email hat creek mac Find more posts by hat creek mac Add hat creek mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

Re: false barking dogs

quote:
Originally posted by hat creek mac
It seems this is becoming more and more common to encounter dogs that never shut their mouths ALL NIGHT LONG. They can strike them right off the chain and not worry about the time catching them. Had a dog come down here in my country last weekend, that I knew had done some winning, but had no idea he was a barking idiot. I have always called them STRIKE STEALERS! Look at some of the all time winners now a days. Bark bark bark all night long. Some of the younger guys think this is cool. The rules are in place to judge these dogs, but no one has the backbone anymore. If you sent them packing a few times, they wouldn't come back. But the opposite is done, and we award them for being dishonest. Then they are bragged up on these message boards and social media. The unknowing then buy pups out of them because they are "winners." Pretty sad that there isn't much honor left. Most of these guys will hunt whatever it takes. Give them a barker and one of these disguised garmins to tone and shock with and they are ready to travel!

Sad but true... My vent for the day is over LOL

I absolutely hate a dog that barks out of place. People will do what ever they can do to get a advantage. You cant make one that automatically gets first tree with a coon every drop, but you can sure make one that gets automatic first strike. So that's where they choose to get there advantage.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 05-22-2018 01:35 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

You get that and one that trees coons too and a money man backing them they be getting their picture took a lot.

Tar

Old Post 05-22-2018 01:38 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hat creek mac
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: false barking dogs

quote:
Originally posted by joey
I absolutely hate a dog that barks out of place.

Me too!

Old Post 05-22-2018 02:01 PM
hat creek mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hat creek mac Click here to Send hat creek mac a Private Message Click Here to Email hat creek mac Find more posts by hat creek mac Add hat creek mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hat creek mac
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
You get that and one that trees coons too and a money man backing them they be getting their picture took a lot.

Tar

NO doubt! Look in most of your coonhound magazines. I could name some off, but people get upset quick when you accuse old SUPER HOUND of barking out of place.

That doesn't make it right. It is ruining the Treeing Walker breed and no one is doing anything to fix it. The KCs need to address the issue and show judges how to handle it.

Old Post 05-22-2018 02:05 PM
JiM
UKC Forum Member

One hour hunts are responsible for this. First and first with a coon and now everyone else has to tree 2. This is also the reason for deep and lonely. First strike, go a mile and get treed with a coon, game over.
If you think our dogs today are ruined, one hour hunts ruined them.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 05-22-2018 02:06 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Who says that you can't make one get first tree every drop? The walker dog breeders did that and got comp winners. But then that went out of style when deep and alone dogs came in style. Now they have taken first strike to a new level.
Y'all act like this is something new. Do you not remember 1995 PKC World Champion Tree Pac N Pete?

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 05-22-2018 at 02:26 PM

Old Post 05-22-2018 02:20 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Who says that you can't make one get first tree every drop? The walker dog breeders did that and got comp winners. But then that went out of style when deep and alone dogs came in style. Now they have taken first strike to a new level.

I said "with a coon"

Home Of:

Old Post 05-22-2018 02:26 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bill(Chew)
UKC Forum Member

I totally agree with Jim about the one hour hunts causing the dogs to be bred for the rules instead of bred to tree coons regardless of the track.

Old Post 05-22-2018 05:09 PM
Bill(Chew) is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bill(Chew) Click here to Send Bill(Chew) a Private Message Click Here to Email Bill(Chew) Find more posts by Bill(Chew) Add Bill(Chew) to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
One hour hunts are responsible for this. First and first with a coon and now everyone else has to tree 2. This is also the reason for deep and lonely. First strike, go a mile and get treed with a coon, game over.

I should have added that the one constant in all of this is HAVING THAT COON! It doesn't matter how many first strike a dog had or how deep they get treed, it all gets beat by the slowest, close hunting last strike dog if it trees the only coon.
As much as we may dislike those babbling blow through the country big winners, the reason they win so much is because they always seem to be parked under a coon.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 05-22-2018 05:44 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hat creek mac
UKC Forum Member

A dog that owns the strike all night, PLUS he is a coon treer is HARD to beat no matter where you put him.

I have hauled a low strike dog all over the country and won with her. She had them coons when she parked. She just didn't hardly ever miss or tree dens.

The difference is I have to tree 3 coons to beat Ol Mouthy's 2 coons and sometimes my 3 will get beat by his 2.

Everyone has their personal preferences, but I have to enjoy a dog during the week to own them. I would go home with a headache and upset stomach if I had to hunt one of these barking models every night.

It would really surprise the everyday coonhunter to know how many of these big winners were counterfeit. And make no mistake, if they are being awarded undeserved points on a regular basis, they are in fact COUNTERFEIT.

If your stud is throwing this type, you don't have much to crow about either!

Old Post 05-22-2018 06:27 PM
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by hat creek mac
Everyone has their personal preferences, but I have to enjoy a dog during the week to own them. I would go home with a headache and upset stomach if I had to hunt one of these barking models every night.

I've hunted with a few of them pleasure hunting that didn't do it by themselves but a few of them did. I ticks me off pretty fast to have a dog barking at nothing. In the yard or in the woods.

Home Of:

Old Post 05-22-2018 08:02 PM
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by joey
I've hunted with a few of them pleasure hunting that didn't do it by themselves but a few of them did. I ticks me off pretty fast to have a dog barking at nothing. In the yard or in the woods.
x 2 but i would like to add in the dog box also . cant stand riding down the road with one barking its fool head off .ilol

Old Post 05-22-2018 09:05 PM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

You want to take the wind out of this old mans sails let 2 or 3 dogs leave babbling off of the snap. I been that way since I was young used to be a certain strain of blue dogs around here early in my competition career that never shut up and was the back you on your trees at about the 4 minute mark just lean on you all night 3 stinking hours waiting on you to make a mistake I can't stand it !!!

Tar

Old Post 05-22-2018 11:00 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

I won $35000 with a 25 strike dog....we here to tree coons I don't care how much you bark

Old Post 05-23-2018 12:40 AM
ole hoss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ole hoss Click here to Send ole hoss a Private Message Click Here to Email ole hoss Find more posts by ole hoss Add ole hoss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

About 2 yrs ago I won about $1,100 in 60 days with a 25 strike dog in $30 and $60 hunts 10 out of 12 cast but I just can't stand listening to it and those boys hunting them use that crap as an advantage jmo they don't have to get a dog ready to compete they just haul them to hunts.

Tar

Old Post 05-23-2018 01:23 AM
Rip
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM

I will have to respectfully disagree somewhat. I think the minute that allows it to begin with making it harder to minus them is the most responsible, one hour hunts would be next on my list LOL.

You know me to know I have caterwalled against the minute forever and a day

Old Post 05-23-2018 01:26 AM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ryan Vines
UKC Forum Member

I would have to agree with you Ritchie..... I believe the one minute rule each time you cast was designed to protect the babbler.

Old Post 05-24-2018 04:16 PM
Ryan Vines is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ryan Vines Click here to Send Ryan Vines a Private Message Click Here to Email Ryan Vines Find more posts by Ryan Vines Add Ryan Vines to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

One minute rule opens the door for the happy barker. It was changed and would be fine with many to go back to the three bark rule. The real tire kicker is when the owner of the noise machine gets bent out of shape when you minus their hound.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Old Post 05-25-2018 12:47 AM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

That same owner gets bent out of shape when you minus their slick treeing dog also.

Old Post 05-25-2018 01:52 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Those babblers have coons in every tree don't they ? I wish it would hurry up and get dark I am getting sleepy can't turn loose till 9:00.

Tar

Old Post 05-25-2018 01:56 AM