UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > 2 dog cast question
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
tony.beals
UKC Forum Member

2 dog cast question

Ok I looked on back of card and looked in my reg book, Had a complaint form filed last night after hunt. We had 8 dogs at hunt 3 reg, 5 night champions. This complaint is as follows , the 2 dog cast should have a Non Hunting Judge (in other words mandatory) I was the MOH and I looked on card and in rules book and do not see anything that says mandatory or anything other than if one dog left must return to club for non hunting judge. If it is so where at in reg book does it say.

MSG, US ARMY RETIRED
President of Michigan State United Coon Hunters Association

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-13-2018 02:01 PM
tony.beals is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tony.beals Click here to Send tony.beals a Private Message Click Here to Email tony.beals Find more posts by tony.beals Add tony.beals to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Thats all there is. The only time a non-hunting judge is required is on a one dog cast.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 10-13-2018 02:09 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tony.beals
UKC Forum Member

thanks Jim I was sure too , but the cast winner on the 3 dog cast filed the complaint (nicely) and ussually would wait for answer from UKC however a 17 year old kid won the 2 dog cast (other handler the Judge) and he was overall winner making it his 4th cast win,, kid has only been comp hunting less than a year and this is his first dog Wanted to let him sleep easier. Thanks again

MSG, US ARMY RETIRED

Old Post 10-13-2018 02:18 PM
tony.beals is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tony.beals Click here to Send tony.beals a Private Message Click Here to Email tony.beals Find more posts by tony.beals Add tony.beals to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DFred
UKC Forum Member

I think that is a new policy from a different kc. Had a moh rip into a judge/guide for allowing the cast to continue after getting down to 2 dogs, in a UKC hunt several months ago.

Old Post 10-13-2018 02:34 PM
DFred is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DFred Click here to Send DFred a Private Message Find more posts by DFred Add DFred to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tony.beals
UKC Forum Member

I have been to numerous small clubs with quit a few times with a 2 dog cast and never had them assign a non hunting judge and yes as MOH I should know by the book if that was the case but I had never read any of that before. There were no problems on either cast and the young kids cast it was the judge who withdrew, but stayed the judge for the kid. This kid is a friend of mines son and he comp hunts beagles (4 years) and this is his first full year of comp coon hunting and his first dog who he is about to make Grand Night. Kid is as honest as they come and the right kid for our sport. Was hoping to get right answer and give him some piece of mind.

MSG, US ARMY RETIRED

Old Post 10-13-2018 02:52 PM
tony.beals
UKC Forum Member

If it stands the guy just waisted a good $20.00 bill

MSG, US ARMY RETIRED

Old Post 10-13-2018 02:53 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

You are right but how did the panel rule? Isn't the proper procedure to ask for a panel if you don't like the MOH's ruling? And then if you don't like the panel's ruling, you appeal the decision to UKC. Did he file a complaint against you or appeal your decision?

Old Post 10-13-2018 03:19 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HERSHSHUNTIN
UKC Forum Member

Re: 2 dog cast question

quote:
Originally posted by tony.beals
Ok I looked on back of card and looked in my reg book, Had a complaint form filed last night after hunt. We had 8 dogs at hunt 3 reg, 5 night champions. This complaint is as follows , the 2 dog cast should have a Non Hunting Judge (in other words mandatory) I was the MOH and I looked on card and in rules book and do not see anything that says mandatory or anything other than if one dog left must return to club for non hunting judge. If it is so where at in reg book does it say.

TONY
This is covered in the 2nd edition adviser page 149--you do not need a non hunting judge

hershtwo@yahoo.com
Life member NRA
Current dogs
GR CH NT CH RED MIGHTY 90-Bo/Sierra
NT.CH.GR CH BEYOND BILLY HTX --Billy the Kid/ Amber
GR CH 1ST & 2ND place wins 90/4 LIFE GUN-HTX==-Willy BOY/Bigtime Britt
Dogs I have owned
Nt ch Gr ch HERSHS HUNTIN RED IKE
NT CH CH HERSHS HUNTIN BUDDY
GR NT CH MILLERS DIRTY RED
NT CH CH LYNN'S CREEK JULIE
GR CH HERSHS HUNTIN RED KATE
CH NITE CH AMBRAW RIVER TIMBER ROCK
NT CH HERSHS HUNTIN RED CLEM
NT CH ROCKY TOP CHERRY

Old Post 10-13-2018 03:35 PM
HERSHSHUNTIN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HERSHSHUNTIN Click here to Send HERSHSHUNTIN a Private Message Click Here to Email HERSHSHUNTIN Find more posts by HERSHSHUNTIN Add HERSHSHUNTIN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tony.beals
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
You are right but how did the panel rule? Isn't the proper procedure to ask for a panel if you don't like the MOH's ruling? And then if you don't like the panel's ruling, you appeal the decision to UKC. Did he file a complaint against you or appeal your decision?

It was MOH format, so I guess you would say it was against me, we talked some last night at the hunt and it's not like he is jumping up and down Mad, he isn't, I guess he just wants to give UKC $20.00 to find out I was right and he was wrong

MSG, US ARMY RETIRED

Old Post 10-14-2018 02:47 PM
JiM
UKC Forum Member

According to the rulebook, under a MOH, the procedure is cast vote, then question on card. Then if unsatisfied with the MOH decision, a $10 appeal is paid to bring the question to a panel. Panels are not just for the HD format. If unsatisfied with the panels decision, a further appeal can be made to UKC for an additional $20. So you left out the panel question that comes between MOH ruling and $20 appeal to UKC.
But regardless, a non-hunting judge is not required for a two dog cast.

Old Post 10-14-2018 05:24 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tony.beals
UKC Forum Member

Thanks everyone

Thanks everyone, yes did leave out the panel vote, the complaint/question was after all cast were in. He was not on the two dog cast and no other cast members questioned it. Last night he hunted registered and we had another two dog cast on Night Champion, for which I was one of two, he did not even question it last night. Bottom line he was trying to get the night before's cast thrown out so he would be the NT CH winner. (in my opinion)

MSG, US ARMY RETIRED

Old Post 10-14-2018 10:45 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tony

You are most likely right, some folks want a win any way they can get it, to me a win by default is unacceptable, I don't want to win that way. Dave

Old Post 10-14-2018 11:01 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
H DOG
UKC Forum Member

I would have not accepted the question

Old Post 10-15-2018 12:32 AM
H DOG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for H DOG Click here to Send H DOG a Private Message Find more posts by H DOG Add H DOG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

When the new format kicks in, this will be a moot point. All cast wins will count.

Old Post 10-15-2018 12:51 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by H DOG
I would have not accepted the question

Why?

Old Post 10-15-2018 01:35 AM
H DOG
UKC Forum Member

I would not have accepted the question to begin with because there is no question you do not have to have a non hunting judge for two dogs

Old Post 10-15-2018 01:50 PM
H DOG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for H DOG Click here to Send H DOG a Private Message Find more posts by H DOG Add H DOG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tony.beals
UKC Forum Member

Question

Well I guess I would except any question, no matter how ridiculous it is, it is their $10.00 or $20.00. The main point here or sad part is that a 17 year old kid had to worry that his fourth NT CH win was up for scrutiny.

MSG, US ARMY RETIRED

Old Post 10-15-2018 02:14 PM
joey
UKC Forum Member

This wasn't a question on a card, it was a formal complaint. If I'm not mistaken panels and all of that are for hunt questions pertaining to a ruling on a cast. Not a MOH procedural question. Either way a 2 dog cast is fine.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 10-15-2018 02:46 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

I don't think they have Formal Complaints anymore. Just Appeals and Misconduct Complaints.

Old Post 10-15-2018 03:34 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Now there is a dilemma. Can a handler in one cast question something that happened in another cast? Or how would a handler in one cast go about questioning a MOH's decision that pertained to another cast? Say a MOH made a ruling that gave the winner of cast A the win with 100 more points and placed it above the winner of Cast B. Can the winner of Cast B request a Panel and/or Appeal?
Can you file a Formal Complain against a MOH if you don't like his ruling on a question? I mean, it isn't really "misconduct". Or is it? And if you did, would UKC change his original ruling?

Old Post 10-15-2018 03:53 PM
tony.beals
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Now there is a dilemma. Can a handler in one cast question something that happened in another cast? Or how would a handler in one cast go about questioning a MOH's decision that pertained to another cast? Say a MOH made a ruling that gave the winner of cast A the win with 100 more points and placed it above the winner of Cast B. Can the winner of Cast B request a Panel and/or Appeal?
Can you file a Formal Complain against a MOH if you don't like his ruling on a question? I mean, it isn't really "misconduct". Or is it? And if you did, would UKC change his original ruling?

Richard I feel a Head Ache coming on LMAO but good point.

MSG, US ARMY RETIRED

Old Post 10-15-2018 04:44 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Kinda like opening a can and a bunch of worms come crawling out.

Old Post 10-15-2018 04:52 PM
tony.beals
UKC Forum Member

In some cases more like snakes

MSG, US ARMY RETIRED

Old Post 10-15-2018 06:54 PM