UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Bump Caps
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
FF5044
UKC Forum Member

Bump Caps

Bought a new light recently and it came with a ridge line bump cap and I absolutely hat the cap. It wants to continuously fall of the front of my head. I’ve tried ever adjustment I can and nothing really works. The head is a little heavier than my old one and it is a belt light but even if the batter was on the helmet I don’t think it would make a difference. Are there any other options out there that anyone likes?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-16-2018 11:29 PM
FF5044 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FF5044 Click here to Send FF5044 a Private Message Find more posts by FF5044 Add FF5044 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
treedog69
UKC Forum Member

bump

I mounted mine on a real hard hat with a nice adjust able head piece works great

Old Post 10-16-2018 11:55 PM
treedog69 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for treedog69 Click here to Send treedog69 a Private Message Find more posts by treedog69 Add treedog69 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RedSealKennels
UKC Forum Member

Get an actual coal miners hard hat, they cost a pretty penny but well worth it. Most comfortable hat I've had.

Old Post 10-17-2018 12:19 AM
RedSealKennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RedSealKennels Click here to Send RedSealKennels a Private Message Click Here to Email RedSealKennels Find more posts by RedSealKennels Add RedSealKennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

My belt light did the same thing. I went to a major hunt and tried everyone's hard hat on until I found one that fit nice and stayed on so I just bought a bump cap from them. But later I got a cap light and the battery on the back balanced out the head so it stayed on very well.

Old Post 10-17-2018 12:35 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
groworg1
UKC Forum Member

i like the nite lite heavy duty hard hat 12.99 with hat strap to hold cord 1.99 i've tried several others i have a k light 21 volt belt with a g2 head

Old Post 10-17-2018 01:16 AM
groworg1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for groworg1 Click here to Send groworg1 a Private Message Click Here to Email groworg1 Find more posts by groworg1 Add groworg1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Randy Williams
UKC Forum Member

I have the same problem. I bought a Laser Torch years ago that had a #67 bump cap and it stays put. So i ordered the #67 caps from amazon i think for my newer light. Cost about 6 bucks. It is made by ERB Industries. #67 is the only bump cap i like. The regular hard hats do work good, only heavier.

Old Post 10-17-2018 04:18 AM
Randy Williams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Randy Williams Click here to Send Randy Williams a Private Message Click Here to Email Randy Williams Find more posts by Randy Williams Add Randy Williams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Bump Caps.....

quote:
Originally posted by Randy Williams
I have the same problem. I bought a Laser Torch years ago that had a #67 bump cap and it stays put. So i ordered the #67 caps from amazon i think for my newer light. Cost about 6 bucks. It is made by ERB Industries. #67 is the only bump cap i like. The regular hard hats do work good, only heavier.

I agree.......the #67 is the Best, at least to me.
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 10-17-2018 04:55 AM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote