UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Semen - Old line Walkers ????
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Driveshaft
UKC Forum Member

they had to put some banjo in em to make em park under the tree lol

i heard lots of track power in the sailor blood but we all know what the banjo blood done for the walker breed....

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-03-2005 04:01 PM
Driveshaft is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Driveshaft Click here to Send Driveshaft a Private Message Click Here to Email Driveshaft Find more posts by Driveshaft Add Driveshaft to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jackbob42
UKC Forum Member

Don't know for sure , but rumor had it that Ralph Pritchard bought Stanfields Sailor dogs when he quit hunting. That is where my females mother came from. ( Ralph )
Like I said , don't know for sure.

My females bottom side.......

Grandsire - GrNtCh Pattison's Mahogany Tom
Great Grandsires - Dual Ch Doyle's Ark. Ranger Lead and Wortham's spine
Granddam - GrNtCh Wiley's Sweet Susie
Great Granddams - Five Rivers Sue and Owens' Kate

Do you know any of these dogs?

Also , if anybody knows of a close up , Blaster bred female , I have access to 2 males out of my old female , which would probably put Champ about as close as you could get. Needless to say , they're getting up there in years , but I'd still try and raise a litter out of either one of them.

BackWoods River Walkers/Beagles
Just all 'round , meat gettin' hounds.

Old Post 08-03-2005 09:14 PM
jackbob42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jackbob42 Click here to Send jackbob42 a Private Message Find more posts by jackbob42 Add jackbob42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
elvis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by mjrandall
Elvis that makes a lot of sense but what i'm asking is would it be a good idea to take a nice female that is doing some superior reproducing and breed her back to some of her ancestors. I know that sounds dumb, but say she's got some Sackett jr. or Lipper in her blood somewhere fairly close. If she's a nice titled COONDOG herself and not just a brood bitch, do you think the hounds produced between her and one of her grandsires (e.g., Sackett, Harry, Lipper, Bozo, etc...) would be any better or would it be too close to inbreeding? Is this linebreeding? In other words, taking the blood from her that proves itself and combine it with what started her!!

I've only within the past few years really been paying attention to bloodlines--I don't mean to sound ignorant and forgive me if I don't know what I'm talking about, but it irritates me that so many people take any old "dog trader" $150 female that comes in heat, breed her to some top name stud in the book and try to make a salary off the pups. I'm not directing this towards anyone in particular, but it happens and that's why there are so many dogs to choose from. Anyway, I like this thread and everyone's opinions....

im not qualified to answer your breeding questions,and the guys that are qualified and have had great success are not talking.
a lot of guys think they are,but the proof is in the pudding,so to speak.if you wanna know what kind of corn a man raises,go look in his crib.

what i do know is that the great reproduceing females are few and far between and seem to produce good pups no matter what they are bred to.
what made sackett jr such a great reproducer?he did his part,granted,but he also had the greatest reproduceing females from all over the country bred to him.
look at lipper for another example.lipper put the mouth and go yonder in his pups,but every top dog that i ever knew that came from him came from a top shelf female.
these are just my opinions and realy arent worth the time it took to type it.

Old Post 08-03-2005 10:46 PM
elvis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for elvis Click here to Send elvis a Private Message Find more posts by elvis Add elvis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
COOMER
Banned

elvis said it right GO LOOK IN HIS CRIB ......................but after huntin with a few offspring you can form some kind of opinion of your own ........................

smokinkennels@yahoo.com

Old Post 08-03-2005 10:58 PM
COOMER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for COOMER Click here to Send COOMER a Private Message Click Here to Email COOMER Find more posts by COOMER Add COOMER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
COOMER
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Samhain
Spring Creek Rock
What's the deal on this dog?

wasnt starbuck and limo out of rock .........limo looked like his straw was in storage to long....................

how about some BOZO ..............

smokinkennels@yahoo.com

Last edited by COOMER on 08-03-2005 at 11:36 PM

Old Post 08-03-2005 11:30 PM
COOMER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for COOMER Click here to Send COOMER a Private Message Click Here to Email COOMER Find more posts by COOMER Add COOMER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Driveshaft
UKC Forum Member

one of the best ppl to ask on here

is Leroy Perry aka Galaxieman he has stored semen off a lot of well known hounds..............

Old Post 08-04-2005 12:42 AM
Driveshaft is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Driveshaft Click here to Send Driveshaft a Private Message Click Here to Email Driveshaft Find more posts by Driveshaft Add Driveshaft to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wildbill
UKC Forum Member

Re: they had to put some banjo in em to make em park under the tree lol

quote:
Originally posted by Driveshaft
i heard lots of track power in the sailor blood but we all know what the banjo blood done for the walker breed....

would this cross be too much banjo,,lol..
if things go right it will happen next week...

-------- GRNITECH House's Clint
---- GRNITECH GRCH House's Lipper
-------- House's Queen Lou

"GRCH GRNITECH Lipper's Stylish Rank"

-------- GRNITECH Owens' Hardwood Bozo
---- Stylish Dolly
-------- GRNITECH Schmersal's Stylish Queen

pups

........................................house clint
......................deanwood drifter
........................................ky super sally II
.......gr.nt. welch's drifting floyd
........................................house lipper
.......................lippers renegade lady
........................................neosho river renegade
..saylor's cruzen fullhouse hazel
........................................house lawyer
.......................gr.nt conger's lawtoo
........................................house bell
........saylor's cruzen samatha
........................................house cruze
................................house's cruz brandy
........................................collins ohio lisa(house chief bred)

wildbills101@yahoo
http://wildbills101.homestead.com/wildbills101.html

Old Post 08-05-2005 03:22 AM
wildbill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildbill Click here to Send wildbill a Private Message Click Here to Email wildbill Visit wildbill's homepage! Find more posts by wildbill Add wildbill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Spankey C
UKC Forum Member

hillbilly mac

Raby smith did not pull semen off mac, but there is some off a son of mac . pulled in mid 90s

Old Post 09-19-2014 09:19 PM
Spankey C is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Spankey C Click here to Send Spankey C a Private Message Click Here to Email Spankey C Find more posts by Spankey C Add Spankey C to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
whitedog
UKC Forum Member

Snakehollow Kennels has some old blooded semen. Crowding Billy and the dog called the Foot. Check out the Snakehollow Kennel site on the Treeing Walker Stud Site on the UKC webpage.

Old Post 09-20-2014 02:46 AM
whitedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for whitedog Click here to Send whitedog a Private Message Find more posts by whitedog Add whitedog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
H Stonesifer
UKC Forum Member

Smile

Gosh my female 10x House's Tom Tom 9x Finley river Dan must be worth a mint of dollars 12weeks old.

Old Post 09-20-2014 01:06 PM
H Stonesifer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for H Stonesifer Click here to Send H Stonesifer a Private Message Click Here to Email H Stonesifer Find more posts by H Stonesifer Add H Stonesifer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hdwiredwalkers
UKC Forum Member

leroy perry told me a few years back he still had pac man semen don't have a clue who owns it he told me that was the smartest dog he ever worked with

pr JUDGE'S RAGIN BLACK JEWEL
pr TIMBER TALKIN TROUBLE

Old Post 09-22-2014 09:09 AM
hdwiredwalkers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hdwiredwalkers Click here to Send hdwiredwalkers a Private Message Click Here to Email hdwiredwalkers Find more posts by hdwiredwalkers Add hdwiredwalkers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Les Young09
UKC Forum Member

Same Here

quote:
Originally posted by hdwiredwalkers
leroy perry told me a few years back he still had pac man semen don't have a clue who owns it he told me that was the smartest dog he ever worked with
Leroy told me the same thing when we had Nut collected.

Old Post 09-23-2014 02:17 AM
Les Young09 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Les Young09 Click here to Send Les Young09 a Private Message Click Here to Email Les Young09 Find more posts by Les Young09 Add Les Young09 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hdwiredwalkers
UKC Forum Member

i have herd there is some kansas thunder semen as well still out there i owned a couple nice hounds out of thunder

pr JUDGE'S RAGIN BLACK JEWEL
pr TIMBER TALKIN TROUBLE

Last edited by hdwiredwalkers on 09-23-2014 at 05:25 AM

Old Post 09-23-2014 05:20 AM
hdwiredwalkers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hdwiredwalkers Click here to Send hdwiredwalkers a Private Message Click Here to Email hdwiredwalkers Find more posts by hdwiredwalkers Add hdwiredwalkers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
walkerhound17
UKC Forum Member

I sure would like to have some blaster pups again everything I hunt went back to him, it's getting pretty far back now I need reinforce it again

GR.Nite ch Goose Creek Ruby(RIP)
Nite ch high voltage hook (R.I.P.)
GrniteCh skylers boy Garrison creek

Marc Mcwhorter
317-287-9539

Old Post 10-13-2014 04:30 AM
walkerhound17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for walkerhound17 Click here to Send walkerhound17 a Private Message Click Here to Email walkerhound17 Find more posts by walkerhound17 Add walkerhound17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

BTT , interesting thread.

Gold Life member of G.P.A.A. #257936
Member of The Lost Dutchman's Mining Association #02890729

Old Post 10-15-2014 02:51 PM
chuck west is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chuck west Click here to Send chuck west a Private Message Find more posts by chuck west Add chuck west to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ringo08
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by chuck west
BTT , interesting thread.

X2

Old Post 10-19-2014 10:08 PM
Ringo08 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ringo08 Click here to Send Ringo08 a Private Message Find more posts by Ringo08 Add Ringo08 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
iivydriff
UKC Forum Member

Hardwood Patch Semen

Ive got Some Hardwood Patch semen. Direct son of Hardwood Bozo and Schmersals stylish queen. I just offered up two straws for sale in the Stud dog promotion section.

Old Post 10-20-2014 09:41 PM
iivydriff is offline Click Here to See the Profile for iivydriff Click here to Send iivydriff a Private Message Click Here to Email iivydriff Find more posts by iivydriff Add iivydriff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
droopy_dog2004
UKC Forum Member

Btt

--828-403-1294--

CREEK BEND KENNELS
--------Home Of--------

River Bend Top Shot
(River Bend Shot x Dark Corners Diamond)
Creek Bend Ann
(River Bend Switch x River Bend Annie)

Frozen Semen
-Nitech Maul-N-Wedge Chip
-River Bend Top Shot
-Nitech Wolf Lake Flag
-Grnitech River Bend Switch
-Ch Grnitech River Bend Shot

Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/645050609899208/?ref=share

Old Post 08-21-2016 12:23 AM
droopy_dog2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for droopy_dog2004 Click here to Send droopy_dog2004 a Private Message Click Here to Email droopy_dog2004 Visit droopy_dog2004's homepage! Find more posts by droopy_dog2004 Add droopy_dog2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug Bowers
UKC Forum Member

I have some I'm going to use maybe next year.
5 world champions in 3 gen and 9 in 6th.
31 hall of famers.
Old stuff, some of the best

PKC SCH UKC DUAL GRAND TOUCAN SAM SEMEN

Also home to;ACHA LWSCH 'PR' Kentucky River Mundar ~ Sire is Kentucky River Rowdy (frozen Semen) BMOB 2013 Winter Classic
House's Lipper Hope x Kentucky River Rowdy
Broken Road's LITTLE TEXAS
LIPPERS STYLISH ROOSTER AT STUD
LIPPERS LITTLE TEXAS AT STUD.

"The WILL of God will never take you where the GRACE of God can not protect you

Old Post 08-22-2016 02:31 AM
Doug Bowers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug Bowers Click here to Send Doug Bowers a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug Bowers Find more posts by Doug Bowers Add Doug Bowers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Charles Pullen
UKC Forum Member

Shawn you know I hunt B&T but used to hunt walkers years ago . I know they don't have any but if they did I would be all over it because I feel he was the most dominant reproducer ever in any breed . That would be River Bend Flag , man I would love to have a pup off him now .

Old Post 08-31-2016 03:36 AM
Charles Pullen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Charles Pullen Click here to Send Charles Pullen a Private Message Click Here to Email Charles Pullen Find more posts by Charles Pullen Add Charles Pullen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dgwesley56
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by pete
bob- i think the only argument is how u count a slick tree---old farts like me count a tree as slick if we cant see a coon and no leaves- ive had dogs that i almost never even considered a tree was slick-- climbed a bunch of them to prove it- was pretty serious hide hunter- -- whatever was nessescary to get that coon out-have seen coon taken from squirrels nests den trees etc that never could have been scored in a nite hunt-- - and twenty years ago a slick tree was kind of a new phrase- so was all grand-- hide hunters, i guess is a dirty word nowdays but i dont think any hide hunter would tolerate a dog that treed many slick ones- i cant say i ever owned a coondog that never treed slick- the most accurate ive owned have treed some- any tree coon spent some time feeding in-- i wont even tell ya the best coondogs ive owned treed the least slick ones-- ill just say that it was rarer then then it is now and lot of dogs would have been culled for doing whats accepted by some now--

Old Post 01-15-2018 05:20 PM
dgwesley56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dgwesley56 Click here to Send dgwesley56 a Private Message Find more posts by dgwesley56 Add dgwesley56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote